So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I'm glad we've approached Seymour Pierce to deal with this anyway, they at least have lots of experience of this kind of sale having handled the Chelsea, Villa and City buyouts. Let's just hope it's more the former two than the latter.

Why put the Chelsea and Aston Villa owners together? They are very different types of owners. I'm now at the stage where I'd be happy if we bought our way to success. Ask any Chelsea fans if they prefer the days before Abramovich. For me, I hope the new owners are 'money no object' rich and are happy to throw that money at NUFC.

I guarantee that you wouldn't enjoy winning a trophey under 'money no object' rules as much as you would if we did it from building a base and bringing young players through.

Its like winning the lottery, of course you will enjoy spending the cash and the material things it brings, but you'd appreciate every one of the trinkets more if you had earned the millions first

I'm glad we've approached Seymour Pierce to deal with this anyway, they at least have lots of experience of this kind of sale having handled the Chelsea, Villa and City buyouts. Let's just hope it's more the former two than the latter.

Why put the Chelsea and Aston Villa owners together? They are very different types of owners. I'm now at the stage where I'd be happy if we bought our way to success. Ask any Chelsea fans if they prefer the days before Abramovich. For me, I hope the new owners are 'money no object' rich and are happy to throw that money at NUFC.

I just meant more the fact that Shinawatra was an international fugitive and sold up just a year later. :lol:

I'd much prefer a Lerner 'type' tbh.

I thought you meant the Abu Dhabi owners. A Lerner type would be good but an Abu Dhabi owners type insanely rich is what we deserve after the shit we've been through.

I guarantee that you wouldn't enjoy winning a trophey under 'money no object' rules as much as you would if we did it from building a base and bringing young players through.

Its like winning the lottery, of course you will enjoy spending the cash and the material things it brings, but you'd appreciate every one of the trinkets more if you had earned the millions first

I agree. Many of our fans are so desperate for success that they don't care how it comes about though, and I can't really fault them for that.

Lottery trinkets are better than no trinkets though

If they've transferred 200m to a lawyer already that shows they are truly serious and now it's just whether they can agree a price or someone else comes in.  75M isn't going to be enough to do challenge what Man City are planning to do when you consider we spent 50M not that long ago and look where that got us, even though we got to seventh that was pretty damn lucky and a bit of a fluke tbh.

We spent £35 million net that season, which should have already been enough to see us do very well if it had been spent properly and with a good manager in charge.  As it is we spent it on the likes of Boumsong and had Souness in charge :)

No I'd say £75 million net for one season is easily enough to compete with and even out spend 99% of teams in the league, more then enough in fact.  We won't be able to out spend Man City this coming window but that shouldn't really be our aim.  That kind of money, spent right, would set us up as a major force.

its this offer 300 mill he wants 4oo mill, they need to raise the extra,  now then if they are buying a football club and have to raise extra funds just to meet he price what are they going to do come the transfer window.

Some relevant comments on the last page about Man City and youth players given the new chairmans comments

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6618954

“I spent a couple of days visiting Carrington and going to the Academy, I was there all of Sunday morning and I watched the under 14, under 12 and under 9 sides. One thing that I think is important and that I want to emphasise straight away, is that the Academy is a priority. We need to invest in the Academy and we will continue to develop it. It makes business sense and from a community perspective there is no question about the impact it has on the community. From the business perspective, the future of this Club is to continue to produce talents like Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Shaun Wright-Phillips. This is very important to us, and we are really going to commit to the Academy.”

“That was one of my most enjoyable experiences. Sitting with Jim, seeing his passion, seeing how proud he is of every player that has come out of the Academy. I have the highest confidence in him, we’ll be working a lot with him.

Oh and

“One thing I have made very clear to Mark is that any player he wants comes from him. It comes from his requirements, his plan for the Club. I’m a fan, but I am not an expert. It is Mark who runs the Club and Mark who makes the football decisions. We are here to support and make financial decisions, but we are not here to teach Mark or Garry what to do! They are the professionals, we trust them, we have confidence in them and we are going to support them.

“Mark is an honest man, he’s a leader , he’s tough and he is everything you would want in a head coach. We trust him, he’s one of the gems we saw in this Club once we came here.

:rolleyes:

Guest icemanblue

its this offer 300 mill he wants 4oo mill, they need to raise the extra,  now then if they are buying a football club and have to raise extra funds just to meet he price what are they going to do come the transfer window.

Holy shit! I'd never even thought about that!

Holy shit! I'd never even thought about that!

:lol:

“One thing I have made very clear to Mark is that any player he wants comes from him. It comes from his requirements, his plan for the Club. I’m a fan, but I am not an expert. It is Mark who runs the Club and Mark who makes the football decisions. We are here to support and make financial decisions, but we are not here to teach Mark or Garry what to do! They are the professionals, we trust them, we have confidence in them and we are going to support them.

“Mark is an honest man, he’s a leader , he’s tough and he is everything you would want in a head coach. We trust him, he’s one of the gems we saw in this Club once we came here.

Sounds familiar.

The article I posted on the other page from the Telegraph seemed to suggest that we may have a buyer lined up already for about £250m, and the view was that this Nigerian offer should be taken with a pinch of salt. Is there something I have missed which makes everyone think that it should be taken more seriously?

Its hardly going to be the case that these guys have just put in there life savings, come up short, and are now scraping around in there saving jars to find the rest though.  Considering its a consortium "raising" the last £50 million or so will mean persuading the last member or two the put there stake in.  The people involved will all have plenty of there own money left over to invest in whatever they want, be that other projects or more for NUFC.

Probably won't happen anyway though.

Some relevant comments on the last page about Man City and youth players given the new chairmans comments

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6618954

“I spent a couple of days visiting Carrington and going to the Academy, I was there all of Sunday morning and I watched the under 14, under 12 and under 9 sides. One thing that I think is important and that I want to emphasise straight away, is that the Academy is a priority. We need to invest in the Academy and we will continue to develop it. It makes business sense and from a community perspective there is no question about the impact it has on the community. From the business perspective, the future of this Club is to continue to produce talents like Micah Richards, Michael Johnson and Shaun Wright-Phillips. This is very important to us, and we are really going to commit to the Academy.”

“That was one of my most enjoyable experiences. Sitting with Jim, seeing his passion, seeing how proud he is of every player that has come out of the Academy. I have the highest confidence in him, we’ll be working a lot with him.

Oh and

Strange how  a few weeks ago they were saying that they were going to buy this and that player

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Holy s***! I'd never even thought about that!

I don't think every member of the consortium is bidding every single penny they own on the club :lol:

Oh and

The 2nd part of that makes a mockery of the 1st.  If Citeh stick with Hughes (which I doubt they will if they don't get into the top 4 this season) & he has the option to cover for injuries by buying some massively expensive superstar or trying out that young lad from the reserves he's going to go & spend the cash instead.

Didn't Abramovic say something similar when he bought Chelsea?  The Academy is the future, etc, etc. How many young players have they actually brought through?  How many of those academy players have simply been released?  Super rich clubs don't need academies, they can just go & buy the best (or greediest) players from other team's academies instead. 

Guest icemanblue

Holy s***! I'd never even thought about that!

I don't think every member of the consortium is bidding every single penny they own on the club :lol:

Cheers, Sherlock! :rolleyes:

Oh and

One bit you didn't quote that I found interesting:

"A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks, we are genuine people, and we want to develop this Club in a sustainable manner. Nothing rash is going to happen, we are not going to do crazy stuff! We will work with Garry and Mark, they call the shots and we are here to support to help build a sustainable Club"

A far cry from buying every top player available no matter what the cost.

Strange how  a few weeks ago they were saying that they were going to buy this and that player

It was in the guardian that that bloke had embarrassed the family with his comments and isnt involved at all.

Oh and

One bit you didn't quote that I found interesting:

"A lot has happened over the last couple of weeks, we are genuine people, and we want to develop this Club in a sustainable manner. Nothing rash is going to happen, we are not going to do crazy stuff! We will work with Garry and Mark, they call the shots and we are here to support to help build a sustainable Club"

A far cry from buying every top player available no matter what the cost.

after whats gone on at NUFC over the past few weeks i'm very surprised that so many people are taking verbatim what is being said here.