So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

I hope we get either someone who wants to borrow heavily against the club to buy us, someone who wants to sell all our best players, or failing that a Thai fugitive accused of all sorts of crimes.

These English owners with good intentions are shit I tell you.

I hope we get either someone who wants to borrow heavily against the club to buy us, someone who wants to sell all our best players, or failing that a Thai fugitive accused of all sorts of crimes.

These English owners with good intentions are s*** I tell you.

I've not seen any proof of that from Ashley. We're certainly on the road to hell though, so you may be right like.

I'd cream if we got taken over by someone from China, or Ambani for that matter.

Why?

because they will have loads of money probably.

Mike Ashley's got plenty of money.

Ambani's got a hell of a lot more.

So?

Well having plenty of cash has had a fair bit to do with Abramovich turning Chelsea into a force, and I would imagine it had something to do with City buying Robinho. I assume we don't want another owner like Ashley who will be unwilling to spend big.

I've not seen any proof of that from Ashley. We're certainly on the road to hell though, so you may be right like.

Argh :suicide:

Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this!

Please can you let one of my posts pass without a remark ???

Absolutely!, who wants some Englishmen with principles, fuck that!. I want some guy who made his fortune from children's sweat shops, having thousands of people evicted from their land just so they could make a fortune in dodgy apartment blocks that fall down with slightest of tremors. 

Absolutely!, who wants some Englishmen with principles, f*** that!. I want some guy who made his fortune from children's sweat shops, having thousands of people evicted from their land just so they could make a fortune in dodgy apartment blocks that fall down with slightest of tremors. 

Aye, Ashley gets his £5 tracksuits made up by well paid staff in air conditioned office blocks in Kent.  :crazy2:

Absolutely!, who wants some Englishmen with principles, f*** that!. I want some guy who made his fortune from children's sweat shops, having thousands of people evicted from their land just so they could make a fortune in dodgy apartment blocks that fall down with slightest of tremors. 

Aye, Ashley gets his £5 tracksuits made up by well paid staff in air conditioned office blocks in Kent.  :crazy2:

How do you know?, was you working for him then?.

I'd cream if we got taken over by someone from China, or Ambani for that matter.

Why?

So?

Well having plenty of cash has had a fair bit to do with Abramovich turning Chelsea into a force, and I would imagine it had something to do with City buying Robinho. I assume we don't want another owner like Ashley who will be unwilling to spend big.

I'm not all that arsed about Abramovich/City-style spending tbh. I want someone who's in between Ashley and those lot IMO, someone who believes in organic growth and building on a solid base but at the same time not unwilling to spend to back the manager if required.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I hope for someone like Randy Lerner. He's worth less than Ashley from a quick peek at Wikipedia btw.

Why?

So?

I'm not all that arsed about Abramovich/City-style spending tbh. I want someone who's in between Ashley and those lot IMO, someone who believes in organic growth and building on a solid base but at the same time not unwilling to spend to back the manager if required.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I hope for someone like Randy Lerner. He's worth less than Ashley from a quick peek at Wikipedia btw.

Hate to bring this up but even Lerner took a season before spending big in the transfer market, his initial two transfer windows were pretty tame. Not unlike Ashley's. Keith Harris also praised Lerner for not saddling the club with debt (sound familiar?) and investing his own money. The key difference seems to be that Lerner was prepared to back O'Neill's judgement, whereas Ashley preferred Wise/Jiminez's choices.

Why?

So?

Hate to bring this up but even Lerner took a season before spending big in the transfer market, his initial two transfer windows were pretty tame. Not unlike Ashley's. Keith Harris also praised Lerner for not saddling the club with debt (sound familiar?) and investing his own money. The key difference seems to be that Lerner was prepared to back O'Neill's judgement, whereas Ashley preferred Wise/Jiminez's choices.

I wouldn't call 10m after six months for Ashley Young tame tbh.

Hmmmm,

we hear nothing from this Harris bloke for ages now its a soundbite everyday.

Me thinks there is no interested party who Harris/Ashley think are serious enough in their interest for the club

I'm heartened that he included India as one of the countries where investment might come from. It could be a clue that Ambani has thrown his turban into the ring.

Why would Ambani have a turban? he's not even Sikh.

Hmmmm,

Me thinks there is no interested party who Harris/Ashley think are serious enough in their interest for the club

I'm heartened that he included India as one of the countries where investment might come from. It could be a clue that Ambani has thrown his turban into the ring.

Because Tron is a big bloody racist.

Why?

So?

Fair enough. I'm not a close follower of Villa I just remembered an article I read that suggested Villa fans were initially unhappy that Lerner didn't spend cash in a hurry.

Guest michaelfoster

Anyone else heard the name of Alexi Mordashov mentioned again or is that just me?

Went to Northumbria Uni iirc, jobs for the boys etc etc

On a serious note he's worth $22.2bn or £12.7bn

He is 3 places behind Abramovic in the worlds rich list with Mordashov at number 18

Why?

So?

Ashley's first 3 windows, his only time in charge, saw us spend less than £3m net on transfers

Lerner's first 3 windows saw over £25m net on transfers (£34m if you include the deferred £9m fee for curtis davies). Lerner then went on to spend £33.4m net the next transfer window (£42.4m if you include the £9m paid for Davies here rather than the summer before), anyone really think ashley would've spent that in January? Brummie, the poster on here, has even said Lerner wanted ONeill to spend MORE and didnt understand his reticence at times , though he still backed his judgement.

To match Lerner's spending over his first 4 windows Ashley would've had to commit around £65m in the Jan transfer window. totally different levels of commitment and ambition, not to mention totally different levels of trust given to their respective managers - let oneill get on with it compared to undermining and forcing out keegan.

Guest Slippery Sam

Hmmmm,

Because Tron is a big bloody racist.

Indians do not have to be a Sikh to have a turban. Many many Indians wear turbans when they get married, for example. Therefore, it's more than probable that Ambani has a turban.

Why?

So?

Ashley's first 3 windows, his only time in charge, saw us spend less than £3m net on transfers

Lerner's first 3 windows saw over £25m net on transfers (£34m if you include the deferred £9m fee for curtis davies). Lerner then went on to spend £33.4m net the next transfer window (£42.4m if you include the £9m paid for Davies here rather than the summer before), anyone really think ashley would've spent that in January? Brummie, the poster on here, has even said Lerner wanted ONeill to spend MORE and didnt understand his reticence at times , though he still backed his judgement.

To match Lerner's spending over his first 4 windows Ashley would've had to commit around £65m in the Jan transfer window. totally different levels of commitment and ambition, not to mention totally different levels of trust given to their respective managers - let oneill get on with it compared to undermining and forcing out keegan.

how many pairs of deaf ears will that fall on

Guest elbee909

Why?

So?

how many pairs of deaf ears will that fall on

Not as many as you'd like to think, I'm sure.

Why?

So?

Learner did benefit from Deady Dougs housekeeping. Learner, Glazer & the chaps at Liverpool (regardless of the sideshow) have backed there managers with serious wonga but they are sports owners in other fields they know the crack.  I find it bit strange that these guys in there other teams will have a General Manager & a Head Coach running things, yet none of them have went with the football equivalent of having a DOF & a manager at there clubs.

Why?

So?

Very good points johnny and quite right, Ashley was/is a tight cunt when it comes to us. Been saying that since January though.

Just for interests of fairness etc, if you add that 65m net figure to the 62m that Lerner paid for Villa you still are nowhere near what Ashley has committed to NUFC. He will get it back but think on about what Lerner would recoup if he decided to sell.

Why?

So?

Very good points johnny and quite right, Ashley was/is a tight cunt when it comes to us. Been saying that since January though.

Just for interests of fairness etc, if you add that 65m net figure to the 62m that Lerner paid for Villa you still are nowhere near what Ashley has committed to NUFC. He will get it back but think on about what Lerner would recoup if he decided to sell.

Maybe Ashley should've bought a cheaper club.