So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

A Nigerian takeover would clearly bring out the bigots among our support -- especially if they're London-based Cockney Muslim Nigerians.

And we'd never get rid of Shola, our bona fide Geordie Nigerian.

We would if the owners were "Cockney Muslim Nigerians", them Muslim & Christian Nigerians have a bit of a dislike for each other.

Lots of less-than-hilarious stereotyping of Nigerians going on like.

If they've got the money and are serious about owning the club and running it properly I couldn't give a f*** where they're from.

Surely you can't believe this. You can be as pc as you like, but only a fucking lunatic would think that a bunch of nigerian " businessmen " owning the club would be a step in the direction of making us less of a laughing stock.

FFS sake, get a grip.

these russian oligarchs are as corrupt as they come and i dont think too many would hate one here. the gaydamak's are wanted on charges of illegal arms dealing in angola, abramovich's wikipedia page lists 7 different alleged crimes or wrongdoings on his part. but hey, they're white, so fair dos. marseille's chairman is a black african bloke and he seems to do okay.

Nothing I didn't expect of him tbh.

Right, but then they plumb new depths that even I'm amazed at.

Okay then, considering the fact that I qualified that 'if they've got the money and are serious about owning the club and running it properly I couldn't give a fuck where they're from', you're basically saying that they should not be considered and they'd make us a laughing stock purely because they're from Nigeria?

Hmm.

Voodoo is from Haiti -- a mere ocean away from Nigeria.

What position does he play, this vodoo?

Bloody hell, you try to add a little levity to a serious subject and you get jumped on by a smartypants. I bow down to your greater knowledge of such things and blame my ignorance down to watching that flipping Bond movie too many times.  O0  :celb:

Bloody hell, I come home from work and we've got Nigerians bidding on us.

Well, as long as they're not paying through Western Union.

Seriously though, they can't buy us yet as they haven't raised the £400m. That says that there'll be precisely zero in the transfer kitty. No thanks.

Some people in Nigeria are loaded, it has a very rich set of natural resources, mind you we'd be well screwed if the Communist/Islamist militants managed to take control of the River Delta area as they have been threatening over the last few years.  I am assuming that is where these Nigerian business men get their money from.