So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

We should avoid Shearer until he's proved himself. If he's shit (and there is every chance he will be) and the new owners get rid there'll be another batch of morons kicking off on SSN about it.

Get Ketsbaia in. His stint at Famagusta has shown he had the potential to be a top class manager. He wants the job too.

I'm sorry but there is nowhere where Shearer could 'prove' himself for this job.

If you are getting in a Shearer or Keegan then it becomes more than just management.

Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Allardyce. All to a degree proved themselves elsewhere and either won trophies or got teams playing above themselves.

All failed here.

Keegan, unproven but worked.

The exception is of course SBR, but there is not another Bobby waiting around the corner

We should avoid Shearer until he's proved himself. If he's shit (and there is every chance he will be) and the new owners get rid there'll be another batch of morons kicking off on SSN about it.

Get Ketsbaia in. His stint at Famagusta has shown he had the potential to be a top class manager. He wants the job too.

I'm sorry but there is nowhere where Shearer could 'prove' himself for this job.

If you are getting in a Shearer or Keegan then it becomes more than just management.

Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Allardyce. All to a degree proved themselves elsewhere and either won trophies or got teams playing above themselves.

All failed here.

Keegan, unproven but worked.

The exception is of course SBR, but there is not another Bobby waiting around the corner

Shearer could prove he has some degree of tactical nous by taking a job elsewhere and not ruining them. I know a lot was said about Keegan being tactically naive but he's proven he's not.

Dalglish was never going to be given the chance to dismantle Keegan's team and build his own band of cloggers who would grind out results, Gullit has proven he's inept by ruining almost every club he's been to since he left us, Souness ran clubs into the ground on an almost yearly basis prior to joining us. Yes, he had a good year or two at Blackburn but soon got found out. BSA also suffered from Dalglish syndrome. He needed to knock us down and build us up in his own image but he wasn't going to get the chance.

Keegan was unproven, but we were drinking in the last chance saloon and we needed to take a risk.

Personally, I think Ketsbaia is a great choice. He's young, he's got connections with the club, he's proven he can manage on a big stage and he's interested in the job. After Famagusta's run in the CL this year it's only a matter of time before he gets picked up by a bigger club.

It does eem that Nasser Al-Kharafi could be the one to get us..

His assets are estimated at 15 billion euros.  He is the owner of the Al-Kharafi & Sons group.  These include holding the exclusive rights to chains such as Pizza Hut, TGI Friday, KFC and Wimpy

I'd like to see the mackems boycot this guy's businesses, they'd fuckin starve to death.

His assets are estimated at 15 billion euros.  He is the owner of the Al-Kharafi & Sons group.  These include holding the exclusive rights to chains such as Pizza Hut, TGI Friday, KFC and Wimpy

I'd like to see the mackems boycot this guy's businesses, they'd fuckin starve to death.

:lol:

:celb:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is managing Famagusta to a couple of wins with nothing to lose really the 'big stage'? ???

It makes him much, much more qualified than Shearer.

Does it? Not convinced

Joe Kinnear also said this in his Radio Newcastle interview on Saturday afternoon.  Said due diligence had been done and they would be speaking to people this week.  It wasn't picked up by the interviewer so was not discussed further.

Is managing Famagusta to a couple of wins with nothing to lose really the 'big stage'? ???

Does it? Not convinced

Any management experience > No management experience.

It's not rocket science. Shearer is only qualified in some peoples minds because he's a local lad who scored a couple of goals. Until he's had a job in management then Ketsbaia is the better candidiate.

Without doubt, but there are probably Sunday League managers who are more qualified than Shearer. But qualified enough to take this job?

Without doubt, but there are probably Sunday League managers who are more qualified than Shearer. But qualified enough to take this job?

What about Shearer's role in Roeders caretaker stint. About as much relevance as Ketsbaia's experience imo

There are so many storys about Shearer being a right cunt, is he the right kind of man to be a manager? No doubt he loves the club, no doubt he is a tough fella, no doubt he knows football inside out but a man manager? would the players respond to him, are any of the squad left that had problems with Al whilst he was here as a player?

I'd take temuri as well btw. Fuck it. Spurs hired one of the most sought after managers in europe and he's already out the door. I'm in the local hero camp, something to pull us all together. Management ability obviously important too but i think shearer will be up to it.