League 2 player stabbed...

Dokko

Knife murder devastates Bees

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_4149823,00.html

Kingonzila stabbed following altercation in South London

Last updated: 15th September 2008

Barnet boss Paul Fairclough has paid tribute to Oliver Kingonzila, who was stabbed to death on Saturday.

The 19-year-old midfielder, who was yet to make a first team appearance for the Bees, became embroiled in a confrontation outside a bar in South London.

He was rushed to hospital in the wake of the incident but was pronounced dead in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Two 18-year-old youths were arrested in connection with the incident. One was later released on bail while the other is still being questioned by police.

Upset

Fairclough admits the news has shocked players, staff and supporters at Underhill.

"Oliver had great potential," he said.

"The news upset me. He was a gentle giant. He was a great kid and was on his way to becoming a professional.

"Everyone at the club was devastated."

I love the way they always portray the victims as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouthes. Quiet lad, never caused any trouble according to the neighbour who doesn't want to be identified. Family lad, always pushing the pram said another neighbour who also wants to remain anonnymous.

Closer to the truth perhaps? Glad he's fucking dead, he was a right twat....said another neighbour who wants to remain....you get the picture.

Guest guinness_fiend

RIP, great shame.

RIP. Knife crime seems to be getting everywhere these days.

Not really, just London.

And Manchester.  And Nottingham.  The only ones that get reported nationwide are those that occur in the capital, although having lived in both Manchester and Nottingham myself over the past few years I can assure you that knife crime is prevalent in both cities.