Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why don't you just have a go at answering the question? What attitude should the NUSC take if Ashley can't find a buyer for the club?

If they have the interests of the club at heart then they do everything ih their power to arrange a meeting with Ashley and try to map out a way forward that involves Ashley investing into the club again.

I know its difficult to take anything coming out of the club at face value, but if he is truthful in only selling the club as he can no longer enjoy going to the matches then with compromise on everyones part this can be resolved.

Of course that doesn't fit with ensuring he leaves at all costs, but if a buyer isn't found (i'd even go as far as to say if one is not found by next Friday) then this is the only way forward imo

I doubt that Ashley would have any interest in meeting NUSC after what's gone on, that's just a guess.

Totally agree, and wouldn't really blame him either

Totally agree, and wouldn't really blame him either

I think somebody will have to do something to get both sides working together if the club isn't sold.  It's a pity that the major fan sites and publications are members of the NUSC committee as they would have been ideal fans representatives.

So here's another question that i've been reflecting on;

If the new owners don't appoint Keegan then what difference does it make who the owner is?

Likely level of investment is then the only variable.

Would you (generally) support them if they adopted a similar strategy of finding young talent and a focus on the academy?

Generally, yeah. It would depend on the manager appointed, as well as on the calibre of the talent-seekers and academy staff, and such a strategy needs to be balanced with a bit more investment in the first team and accepted by a supporter base who would need to be patient. But without some kind of fairy godmother in the picture, I think Ashley had a point. It's the only way forward.

so have the actions of the nusc gambled with our future?

Gambled, yes.  That doesn't mean that they have harmed it, only time will tell.

They havent harmed our future providing we find a suitable owner. Which in this current ecomonic climate is looking more and more difficult.

They havent harmed our future providing we find a suitable owner. Which in this current ecomonic climate is looking more and more difficult.

I think the current climate could be very good for us as the clubs who borrow to buy players might be in a bit of shit.

I think the current climate could be very good for us as the clubs who borrow to buy players might be in a bit of s***.

Might be good for us - but not for the prospective buyers who have a 17 Oct deadline, supposing Ashley is strict with it. Kinnear as manager - very little investment come Jan...not the rosiet picture.

Massively off topic but its jst something ive been wondering - can anyone tell me the difference between DOF (Wise/Vetere/Jiminez) and an old school chairman like FS?

What have this lot done that is so bad that Shepherd himself hasnt done in the past?

I don't think there really is that much difference, that's a very good point. I think FS did interfere with transfers, although to what degree we don't really know.

Massively off topic but its jst something ive been wondering - can anyone tell me the difference between DOF (Wise/Vetere/Jiminez) and an old school chairman like FS?

What have this lot done that is so bad that Shepherd himself hasnt done in the past?

I don't think there really is that much difference, that's a very good point. I think FS did interfere with transfers, although to what degree we don't really know.

Same as now then?

:crazy2:

I think the current climate could be very good for us as the clubs who borrow to buy players might be in a bit of shit.

I agree, but isn't one of the main arguments some people have against Ashley that he didn't invest a lot more in players, and the only way to realistically do that without the owner putting more of his own money in is to borrow?

Same as now then?

Yeah, I've never argued otherwise.

Same as now then?

Yeah, I've never argued otherwise.

Sorry, that wasnt a dig at you, just a general point. Im yet to see a decent reason for there actions and the precedent would suggest that they actually have no valid reason to do what they've done or at least that they're about 5-6 years too late in there actions.

Having just read the latest two "press releases", I'm frankly astounded and astonished.

How do I go about removing my details from their database? I certainly didn't intend to join such an one-eyed monster.

So, hang on. They welcome the departure of a man whose role they aren't clear on, and they have no idea what involvement he had in the whole Ashley-Keegan thing. Brilliant and most importantly unbiased :lol:

Lets forget about those players in and out whom we managed to obtain/sell at very decent prices.

Or the gaping holes in the squad. Or not backing the manager's judgement. Or lying to the fans.

Lets forget about those players in and out whom we managed to obtain/sell at very decent prices.

Or the gaping holes in the squad. Or not backing the manager's judgement. Or lying to the fans.

Was Jimenez responsible for all of that?

Was Jimenez responsible for all of that?

I thought we were talking in general about Ashley and co. My apologies.

Can I say yes though even though I know that's not true?

Keegan ;)

He was round mine last night for a cup of coffee. Top bloke. A bit like Marco Van Basten.

And when has Jimenez ever lied to the fans? Or when has he not backed the manager? Or when has he ever failed to negotiate a deal within the constraints and allowances set out by his superiors?

As far as I can tell, he has, as well as Wise and Vetere, performed their jobs set out by their superiors well. Perhaps the superiors (Ashley and Llambias) can be blamed for the jobs they created and supervised, perhaps not, but I for one would have hoped on the evidence that is visible before us all that Jimenez and Vetere would have kept their jobs. The fans had made Wise untenable so he has to go now regardless of job performance, but the fans, in particular the NUSC are from my perspective breaking some of the few things that weren't broken.