Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Newcastle United Supporters Club today welcomes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC with an air of cautious optimism."

Now I haven't signed up, but have any of you on here who have signed-up, paid their £10s, etc. been asked what they think of the decision either by poll or whatever?

Heap of sh*t once again.

I think they've gone about this in the wrong way. If they want this to be a long-term entity that represents the fans to the media and communicates with the club, they have to make themselves bigger than the Mike Ashley situation. That might be ancient history in a few weeks time and coming across as a single issue lobby group would leave them looking pointless once their aims have been met.

The Ashley Farce should be used as a platform to attract more members, and this means treading a fine line in order to not alienate fans who might disagree with their point of view. by all means protest and put across your contempt for what has happened, but once Ashley said he was selling up the tone should've been more concilliatory, ie 'we;d be more than happy to meet llambias or ashley to discuess the selling of the club'. even though that's never going to happen in a million years, it gives off the PR that those in charge are prepared to sit down and listen and are cool heads who can speak sense on behalf of others. image is important if you want to be seen to represent the fans rather than just an extreme few.

as it has happened, even those who agree with the basic anti-Ashley stance have been turned off. The main focus now should be on setting out the structure of the club, working out how it can exist in the long-term, building up contacts in the media and in the club is possible, establishing trust with the wider network of fans and most importantly LISTENING to the wide range of viewpoints. and that means above and beyond the couple of hundred who were energised to attend a meeting in a pub.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think they've gone about this in the wrong way. If they want this to be a long-term entity that represents the fans to the media and communicates with the club, they have to make themselves bigger than the Mike Ashley situation. That might be ancient history in a few weeks time and coming across as a single issue lobby group would leave them looking pointless once their aims have been met.

The Ashley Farce should be used as a platform to attract more members, and this means treading a fine line in order to not alienate fans who might disagree with their point of view. by all means protest and put across your contempt for what has happened, but once Ashley said he was selling up the tone should've been more concilliatory, ie 'we;d be more than happy to meet llambias or ashley to discuess the selling of the club'. even though that's never going to happen in a million years, it gives off the PR that those in charge are prepared to sit down and listen and are cool heads who can speak sense on behalf of others. image is important if you want to be seen to represent the fans rather than just an extreme few.

as it has happened, even those who agree with the basic anti-Ashley stance have been turned off. The main focus now should be on setting out the structure of the club, working out how it can exist in the long-term, building up contacts in the media and in the club is possible, establishing trust with the wider network of fans and most importantly LISTENING to the wide range of viewpoints. and that means above and beyond the couple of hundred who were energised to attend a meeting in a pub.

Good post.

I have not bothered to sign up because every time they do something idiotic someone will post it in here & the cries of "NOT IN MY NAME" will start.

fyp

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/statement-1909.php

"It was agreed the prime role of the supporters club was to represent the interests of and provide a voice for the fans of Newcastle United."

Apologies for the obesession but this group has really got under my skin, not aimed at you specifically - more shotgun.

I have not bothered to sign up because every time they do something idiotic someone will post it in here & the cries of "NOT IN MY NAME" will start.

fyp

No you haven't, you have edited to suit you opinon & make you look dashingly witty.

"It was agreed the prime role of the supporters club was to represent the interests of and provide a voice for the fans of Newcastle United."

Apologies for the obesession but this group has really got under my skin, not aimed at you specifically - more shotgun.

Of course they provide a voice for Newcastle fans as they are called Newcastle United Supporters Club & there membership will be made up of Newcastle fans. I am not bothered if you aim it at me or not as I not in NUSC.

I've just signed-up now just to be kept up-to-date with things. Sad thing is, as far as they're concerned it's an extra name on the list.

Please let us know if you actually receive any communication. I signed up on the first day and haven't heard a dickie bird. Not holding my breath either

fyp

No you haven't, you have edited to suit you opinon & make you look dashingly witty.

Thank you.

p.s - yeh you're so right those statements are perfectly fine and not idiotic in the slightest  :rolleyes:

Of course they provide a voice for Newcastle fans as they are called Newcastle United Supporters Club & there membership will be made up of Newcastle fans. I am not bothered if you aim it at me or not as I not in NUSC.

Im a fan of Newcastle United - does that not mean they represent my view? Yes, yes it does, thats my point and thats the point that you dont seem to want to accept. Fair enough though, each to their own.

:thup:

Im a fan of Newcastle United - does that not mean they represent my view? Yes, yes it does, thats my point and thats the point that you dont seem to want to accept. Fair enough though, each to their own.

:thup:

They don't represent your or my views as we are not members of NUSC, just because you support Newcastle United does not mean your a member of NUSC.  Accept what point? I am not in NUSC & I don't class them as speaking for me.

Here is a general question for everyone, which is a reflection on the potential buyers and the interest in the club. I understand that the answer to this question will only be known properly when the new owners takeover. However, going on what we know about the level of interest and the types of buyers out there;

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

Undoubtedly YES.

I'm pissed off, and I'm sick that groups like NUSC are representing me, saying that we're willing to boycott the club and it's sponsors, and wish/demand to speak to possible owners purely to warn them presumably not to cross the emotional bullshit and employ a KK or Shearer or we'll walk. It f***ing sickens me.

I am pissed off at people thinking that NUSC represents them it, strangely it represents Newcastle United Supporters Club. Are you in the club? I am guessing no here, so it doesn't represent you.

As 'the voice of Newcastle United Supporters' of course I feel they represent me. I have no choice in the f***ing matter. They are the go to boys for the national media.

Christ, there latest bullshit press release is just as heartening as the rest...

"Newcastle United Supporters Club today welcomes the departure of Vice President (Player Recruitment) Tony Jimenez from NUFC with an air of cautious optimism.

As one of the key antagonists behind the recent traumatic events at NUFC that have led directly to the clubs current instability, we believe that Mr. Jimenez continued employment at the club had long since become untenable.

With the club currently up for sale it seemed increasingly obvious that Mr. Jimenez role at NUFC was effectively redundant and we are pleased, therefore, that he is no longer on the clubs payroll.

The committee of NUSC would like to express our cautious optimism at todays announcement and our hope that it can act as a precursor to the departures of other undesirable elements of the board followed by a quick sale of the club to a party who has the clubs best interests at heart.

The departure of Mr. Jimenez must not, however, be used as a smokescreen, nor must his departure be a sacrifice that allows the current regime to maintain their hold on Newcastle United Football Club."

f*** off you miserable c***s.

Total w@nkers. Attention seeking w@nkers at that.

Let's hope this fraudulent "supporters club" dies off before they cause more damage and embarrassment to Newcastle fans.

The poll results so far are interesting, but I've noticed on this Board that the initial anti-Ashley reaction has died down, and a lot of people are now prepared to see both sides.

I do wonder though whether the general mood locally is still much more hostile than this particular Board reflects. Can those from the North East comment on this?

The poll results so far are interesting, but I've noticed on this Board that the initial anti-Ashley reaction has died down, and a lot of people are now prepared to see both sides.

I do wonder though whether the general mood locally is still much more hostile than this particular Board reflects. Can those from the North East comment on this?

this poll is about NUSC, not mike ashley. i think the man is a charlatan but i don't think nusc have gone about things in a good way (good idea, bad execution).

It all calmed down for most of us once Ashley put the club up for sale it is only the extremist on both sides i.e the plonkers who think after 1 full season Ashley is the best ever (IDST) & the other crew who think he should of been able to get rid of the club within 30 seconds of saying it was up for sale who keep the debate going.

As for the vote thing I am not a NUSC member so I am not arsed what they say or do.

It all calmed down for most of us once Ashley put the club up for sale it is only the extremist on both sides i.e the plonkers who think after 1 full season Ashley is the best ever (IDST) & the other crew who think he should of been able to get rid of the club within 30 seconds of saying it was up for sale who keep the debate going.

As for the vote thing I am not a NUSC member so I am not arsed what they say or do.

that sounds about right. funnily enough the big furore in the 'mike ashley best ever chairman/owner/sexual partner' thread is against the likes of NE5 and not against the ridiculous idea expressed in the OP. seems the idea that he is the best has some sympathy...

Would we be better off today if we had accepted Keegan walking out and allowed Ashley to find a suitable replacement as manager than where we find ourselves today?

No.

Same inadequate squad, same reluctance to spend ambitiously, same half-arsed structure which makes people who have no day to day input into the club to have power over squad acquisitions and disposals.

My "calmed down" opinion is that it doesn't matter who the manager is/was under this regime - it's fatally flawed and that's why I want to see the back of it.

Well you should be arsed if what they say has the potential to scare off potential owners and current sponsors, and also singles out individual players for abuse. 

Well you should be arsed if what they say has the potential to scare off potential owners and current sponsors, and also singles out individual players for abuse.

I very much doubt groups or a person with a spine & who see's Newcastle United something other than "fun" will be put off by such a group most of the tactics Mick Martin & crew are adopting are the same sort of stuff Manc fans used against the Glazers. As for sponsors maybe Vodafone did fuck off because they were not keen on there shops getting stormed every now & again down at the Arndale centre but Man Utd ended up getting better deal elsewhere. Singling players out for abuse? It has been happening for years, which players have they mentioned are up for abuse so far?

Around the NE I speak to a lot of supporters who I think will subscribe to the popular press view that Ashley and Wise are the axis of evil and should be hounded out but I'm surprised how many are sympathetic to Ashley and think he would have meant progress.

Most of these people are long time fans, getting on (mainly 40+) and attend matches.

The degree of hostility seems to be much higher in the press and among the small NUSC mob than it is at street level, notwithstanding the staged for TV protests by charvers (most of whom never enter SJP) in the wake of Keegans walkout.

No.

Same inadequate squad, same reluctance to spend ambitiously, same half-arsed structure which makes people who have no day to day input into the club to have power over squad acquisitions and disposals.

My "calmed down" opinion is that it doesn't matter who the manager is/was under this regime - it's fatally flawed and that's why I want to see the back of it.

quite unbelievable the u-turns around here ie the amount of people saying what I and one or two others [and thats all] said ages ago.

And they actually appear to be trying to put themselves across as saying they always said the same thing........almost but not quite as brass necked as those who are still disputing it with me in other threads.