He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Surely he's left because he loves the club, and felt. He doesn't want to drain the resources by living a lie as it were. Just another angle for you.

The team is left in this state not because of Keegan, but because of the lack of quality reinforcements and the actions of the board that led to Keegan's departure.

Keegan didn't have to live a lie, he could have fought from within rather than leave. 

He does appear to have done a 'Pontius Pilate' about the whole thing.

But maybe uncovering the lie was enough.

Guest Redcar Mag

Ignore the past glories think about what hes done for us this time round, which is very little bar fuck off during the middle of the season.

Yes , 'coz we were shooting for the moon under Allardyce weren't we?  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Think Keegan had been unhappy with those above him for a while.

Me and the young'un went to his soccer circus in July. I said to the woman behind the desk, "i don't suppose you see much of kevin these days." She replied, "Well he still pops in from time to time, but i've a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of him soon".

Digging deeper i asked, "so you reckon the gaffers not happy"? She said he had been telling her over the phone the previous day, that he just doesn't think he had received the backing he had expected when he took the Newcastle job".

This was coming from a friend and employee. I didn't think she should be telling me this but i found it interesting all the same.

Ashley and co were hell bent on pi**ing Keegan off.

One simple question, why?

I've no idea Mick. Their alledged treatment of KK was nothing short of suicidal.

but I blame keegan for the s**** on the pitch

HOW THE f***ing f*** CAN YOU BLAME KEEGAN FOR THE SQUAD WHEN WAS NOT f***ing RESPONSIBLE FOR SIGNING ANY OF THE f***ing PLAYERS.

Because with those exact same players under Keegan and the players confident and no unrest amongst the fans, I reckon we'd be at the very least 3, maybe even 4 points better off right now.

Guest Toon Argy

Ignore the past glories think about what hes done for us this time round, which is very little bar f*** off during the middle of the season.

Yes , 'coz we were shooting for the moon under Allardyce weren't we?  :rolleyes:  :lol:

best manager we could have got. Only good manager we have had since robson

He does appear to have done a 'Pontius Pilate' about the whole thing.

But maybe uncovering the lie was enough.

But we don't know that he has uncovered a lie, we don't even know who really is to blame for this mess.  It could be one side or it could be a bit of both and speaking personally, I'd love to know who was to blame so that I can call either side or both sides twats and then move on.

HOW THE f***ing f*** CAN YOU BLAME KEEGAN FOR THE SQUAD WHEN WAS NOT f***ing RESPONSIBLE FOR SIGNING ANY OF THE f***ing PLAYERS.

Because with those exact same players under Keegan and the players confident and no unrest amongst the fans, I reckon we'd be at the very least 3, maybe even 4 points better off right now.

So we'd finish 12th instead of 16th?

The squad is fatally weak. We have been told in no uncertain terms that that was down to a plan and that Keegan had no input into the plan.

I'll ask a question  - if Keegan had been "honest" and walked in May/June would we be any better off than we are now?

Would the squad be the same? - Yes (though probably no Guthrie, Owen or Barton)

Would we have a better manager? - I don't think so - but I'm sure the anoraks on here will be able to name some coach who guided a team to just about the edge of a nowhere place in some shit league which obviously makes them better than an anacrhonism like Keegan.

Where are people getting this bollocks that he agreed to the system?

Do you honestly believe he agreed to have no say over transfers? Really. If you do, I don't think you know Keegan so well.

Here are the things we know:

- KK in his opening press conference as new manager says he knows that the money is there if we need it, and that it is "almost a minimum requirement in the premiership these days".

- Wise is appointed, and says that Keegan has final say on all transfers.

- KK, Mort, and Ashley all concur that Keegan has final say.

- KK resigns, citing the reason that he did not have "the right to manage" and had players forced upon him.

They are all of the facts that we have so far.

How do people draw a conclusion that he agreed to this system?

(ps. Don't say that the statement released by the club said that he agreed to it, because it didn't. It said he agreed to the structure, but doesn't mention him having no say on transfers.)

Bit of a straw man that.

Those 2 things arent my view at all, in fact i dont that thats the case whatsoever. Seems to be the argument of a lot of people use against structure. I think Keegan DID have full say on transfers and DID choose who wwent and came but he targeted the wrong type of players, like Dunne and Riise and becasue of this Wise et all had to take hold of the reigns becasue it "contravened" the policy that the board wanted to implement. Which was THE most important thing.

But we'd still have a very unhappy manager, a shambles of a backroom setup, and an owner who thinks it's OK to only communicate with the fans when he feels like it.

Maybe the bigger picture is what we need to look at, and maybe results on the pitch will have to suffer in the short term, for us to be able to move forward properly.

I'm sure as long as he was picking up results, and I seriously think we'd be sitting around the top 6 right now had he stayed on, he'd have been able to forget what happened late August and enjoy managing a very decent side in the top-half of the league. Fans confidence would be higher, as too would be the players'.

Do you honestly believe he agreed to have no say over transfers? Really. If you do, I don't think you know Keegan so well.

- KK in his opening press conference as new manager says he knows that the money is there if we need it, and that it is "almost a minimum requirement in the premiership these days".

- KK resigns, citing the reason that he did not have "the right to manage" and had players forced upon him.

(ps. Don't say that the statement released by the club said that he agreed to it, because it didn't. It said he agreed to the structure, but doesn't mention him having no say on transfers.)

I'm sure Keegan was questioned, maybe at his first press conference, the one when he mentioned the cockneys going to the theatre, that he wouldn't leave claiming that something wasn't in the brochure because he hadn't been given a brochure.  From that I thought he'd come in not knowing too much about what was planned, I might look for it later.

Laughable thread this.

Before people open their mouth on this subject, you should think about what you would do in your job if your bosses undermimed you to the point where you would still be held accountable for the work you do, without having any control over the tools with which you do it.

I don't think any of you would stick around under the same circumstances, unless you were just in it for the money and didn't actually give a s***.

To try and compare this to any other "Normal" job is laughable Hindu.

Keegans had a hell of a lot of us, he got no stick when he left the first time, and by n large hes had no the second time. Ignore the past glories think about what hes done for us this time round, which is very little bar f*** off during the middle of the season when nothing could have been done, even if he was being undermined (I think hed agreed to the system) he should have done us fans a favour and stayed til January.

Im lost as to how this would have been doing us a favour? are you saying he should have left during the last transfer window of the season? How would that have helped, by leaving this early in hes allowing us to at least have a chance of salvaging this club. If all this s*** had kicked off in January then in February we'd be at the point we are in now but with only 2 months of the season left.

Comical

I'm sure Keegan was questioned, maybe at his first press conference, the one when he mentioned the cockneys going to the theatre, that he wouldn't leave claiming that something wasn't in the brochure because he hadn't been given a brochure.  From that I thought he'd come in not knowing too much about what was planned, I might look for it later.

I found that a couple of weeks ago and put the quote on here...needless to say it was ignored by many.

I think Keegan DID have full say on transfers and DID choose who wwent and came but he targeted the wrong type of players, like Dunne and Riise and becasue of this Wise et all had to take hold of the reigns becasue it "contravened" the policy that the board wanted to implement. Which was THE most important thing.

Even if true Dunne and Riise are a hell of a lot better than what he have now.

I think Keegan DID have full say on transfers and DID choose who wwent and came but he targeted the wrong type of players, like Dunne and Riise and becasue of this Wise et all had to take hold of the reigns becasue it "contravened" the policy that the board wanted to implement. Which was THE most important thing.

Even if true Dunne and Riise are a hell of a lot better than what he have now.

good point...nothing to do whatsoever with mine though. ;)

I found that a couple of weeks ago and put the quote on here...needless to say it was ignored by many.

I must have missed it but at least I now know where to find it.   :clap:

congratulations, you found a quote from Keegan, when he thought he was going to be the manager, not the coach.

congratulations, you found a quote from Keegan, when he thought he was going to be the manager, not the coach.

No, it was a quote from Keegan saying he'd came back into a job where he didn't have a clue what to expect.

No, it was a quote from Keegan saying he'd came back into a job where he didn't have a clue what to expect.

He said he'd taken the job after speaking to Ashley and hearing his plans - I took it that he had a good feel for Ashley which was what made me happy. Pity the bloke turned out to be the locust he was described as isn't it?

i wonder if those blaming keegan are the same who blamed Bellamy when he left the club, backing Souness for weeding out the trouble makers.

point being - the problem was primarily caused by Souness and getting rid of one player didnt rectify the situation, in fact it repeated further down the line with laurent robert and that particular instance of idiocy on Souness's part cost us a place in the UEFA cup semis.

likewise, this lot could bring in another manager, subject him to the same treatment, and there'd be problems further down the line. the only thing i'd criticise bellamy for was fighting his battles in public, which was a mistake, but it's not like keegan went out and done this, he's tried to work through it behind closed doors.

Well, I've been gone for an hour and this thread has progressed quite nicely...  :rolleyes:

This was never a thread about Ashley's culpability or the validity of the system. This is the third time I've had to clarify this. (I suspect a lot of peple just don't read things that aren't convenient for them.)

ASHLEY AND CO FUCKED UP, I KNOW THAT.

What it's about is the fact that we've been seriously let down by a man that was a hero to all of us. No matter how bad things were he shouldn't have left when he did. He couldn't have if he actually loved the club as much as we thought he did.

So he's gone down in my estimation.

It's that simple.

As for the stuff SSR and Argy are spouting, I'll say "laughable" and we'll leave it at that.