He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

Most the people posting negative stuff about KK, now, havent got a clue what they are talking about tbf

Nail/head my friend.

I'm not going to be told what to think about Keegan, his effect on this club and this city, by people with either no connection to the north east or who were still filling their nappies when he managed and played here before.

Nobody is telling you what to think, but if you can't handle people having a different opinion to you then perhaps you should stick to toontastic.

Nail/head my friend.

I'm not going to be told what to think about Keegan, his effect on this club and this city, by people with either no connection to the north east or who were still filling their nappies when he managed and played here before.

I suppose only those who thinks that the sun shines out of Keegans arse and that he can never do anything wrong could have been around when he was here as a player or manager for the first time, aye right.

Guest Toon Argy

Most the people posting negative stuff about KK, now, havent got a clue what they are talking about tbf

Nail/head my friend.

Nobody is telling you what to think, but if you can't handle people having a different opinion to you then perhaps you should stick to toontastic.

he can probably handles people having a different opinion to him but when people are saying stuff as stupid as in the OP he has every right to say what he has.

I was drinking down the Bigg market when my mate and I saw the chronicle hoardings "Keegan Jets in to Sign". We nicked them and were taking them in to all the bars we went to. Saw him score his firstgoal for the Toon, instant hero. His stint as manager only served to increase my respect and admiration for him.

Right now I think he's closer to a cunt than a hero.

I was drinking down the Bigg market when my mate and I saw the chronicle hoardings "Keegan Jets in to Sign". We nicked them and were taking them in to all the bars we went to. Saw him score his firstgoal for the Toon, instant hero. His stint as manager only served to increase my respect and admiration for him.

Woah there! That's a bit severe... :o

Guest Redcar Mag

Unreal.

Guest Redcar Mag

Nail/head my friend.

I suppose only those who thinks that the sun shines out of Keegans arse and that he can never do anything wrong could have been around when he was here as a player or manager for the first time, aye right.

You're not a young 'un or from outside the area, so obviously not.

In 1995, we had to wait 6 months to see Andy Cole's replacement, and that was with Keegan in charge of transfers. Who's to say that wouldn't have happened this January?

Good spot. I remember that, I can also remember the rest of the season nose-dived with the players morale plummeting without a leading striker up front.

Yep, the wait effectively cost us a spot in Europe that season, we lost a realistic chance of getting to the FA Cup Final (made it to the Quarter Finals that season, and with Andy Cole or his replacement, who knows what we could have done against an poor Everton away, and an average Spurs in the Semi Final), and we'd have been one of the favourites for the UEFA Cup in the 95-6 season without a shadow of a doubt.

a conveient way to re-write history, in order to back up your stance.

Okay then, so I'll ask you this.

With a better striker than Paul Kitson, do you think we'd have finished above 6th position?

and

With the squad Keegan had built for the 95-6 season, the one that could have won the league, do you think we could have won the UEFA Cup?

I take it you wernt around home and away during keegans time here as a player, and a manager like i was.

Keegan felt that season, we couldnt better the 3rd, the season before with Andy cole, so he sold him, when he had the chance, he felt getting the money and gillespie would take us to a higher level....and it did.

NOBODY, was complaining about keegans ENTERTAINERS  at the time, the club entertains for a whole diffrent bunch of reasons these days.

What a c*ntish reply. :lol:

F*ck off.

Seriously that's p*ssed me off. Who the f*ck are you to talk down to me? A*sehole.

Guest Redcar Mag

Nail/head my friend.

he can probably handles people having a different opinion to him but when people are saying stuff as stupid as in the OP he has every right to say what he has.

I'm still not convinced the OP isn't a wind-up. We are all aware the thread title is a line from the 'love it' interview, right?

Guest Redcar Mag

blaming keegan? idiots... how can someone who has been sacked get the blame?

I thought he resigned?

resigned by force .... * is not sacked?

There's certainly a case for constructive dismissal.

It depends on the circumstances and none of us know what they are.

i am just a bit concern right now by many fans blaming keegan for his exit? and yet they blame also for recent result on us? are they idiots or what?

keegan just simply a small part of this club.. he just a former manager of NUFC... surely if the cockney c*** know how to run the football club he'll be looking for new manager ASAP after keegan exit.

yet some Ashley cock sucker here defend all his action and looking for escape goat.

yet until now i still not convinced at all we'll get new manager ASAp with this cockney mafia setup at this club. who would want to work in our club as manager after keegan exit? all cancer inside our club has been known by all managers. really gutted right now... how can NUFC going to be like this?

i am just a bit concern right now by many fans blaming keegan for his exit? and yet they blame also for recent result on us? are they idiots or what?

keegan just simply a small part of this club.. he just a former manager of NUFC... surely if the cockney c*** know how to run the football club he'll be looking for new manager ASAP after keegan exit.

yet some Ashley cock sucker here defend all his action and looking for escape goat.

yet until now i still not convinced at all we'll get new manager ASAp with this cockney mafia setup at this club. who would want to work in our club as manager after keegan exit? all cancer inside our club has been known by all managers. really gutted right now... how can NUFC going to be like this?

The farmer will lock his gate next time.

GOLD

In all intensive purposes, Keegan was made into the escape goat.

Some fans blame Keegan, some fans blame Ashley while others haven't got a clue who to blame so sit on the fence, I'm one of those sitting on the fence.  What I'm 100% convinced of is that they are all to blame to some degree, the only doubt for me is who is responsible for what and how much blame is deserved by whom.

Some fans blame Keegan, some fans blame Ashley while others haven't got a clue who to blame so sit on the fence, I'm one of those sitting on the fence.  What I'm 100% convinced of is that they are all to blame to some degree, the only doubt for me is who is responsible for what and how much blame is deserved by whom.

That's about as accurate an assessment as anyone could hope for without hard facts.

That's about as accurate an assessment as anyone could hope for without hard facts.

Funny how the debate had finished by midday Tuesday 2nd September though.