MON the saviour

Guest Invicta_Toon

Guest Action Verb

Taylor is a central defender, and is being kept out of the team by Bramble at the moment. Which tells it's own story.

I do think we have a better squad, im not one that has slated out Midfield, infact i probably stick up for them more than most. Our attackers arent that bad but we could do with a natural finisher but then so could Villa. They probably have 2 defenders I would like but other than that I would prefer ours.

I think that's debatable. O'Dreary made a half decent squad look rubbish last year. The only Newcastle players I'd put into the Villa side would be N'Zogbia, Parker, Given and Milner. And obv a fit Owen, but such a thing doesn't exist. I certainly wouldn't take any of your defenders. The last time we did that, it was Hughes, and you're more than welcome to have him back.

Overall, I'd say the Newcastle and Villa squads are both average to decent, but really nothing to write home about. The difference is, Roeder doesn't seem to have the first idea how to get the best out of them.

Watching him motionless on the touchline yesterday was spookily reminiscent of watching O'Leary last year.

Each to their own, I reckon I would probably take Mellberg, Bouma (possibly), Laursen (if he stayed fit, doubt it) and that young striker of yours. As you have pointed out Hughes isnt much very good, would take Taylor over Ridgewell.

You wouldnt take Duff, Martins and Emre?

Wouldnt take Ridgewell? He's been the best of the defenders so far this season  by far, and was top defender in the country in those Actim stat things, at least until this week. Bouma has hardly played. And what about Gareth Barry?

Where does Taylor play? If it is at right back, I'd take him to replace Hughes, who is utterly dire.

I wouldn't take Emre, no. Certainly not if the choice were between him an Petrov. Assuming there is some cost element involved, I would certainly not take Martins - 10m for a bit of promise? Duff I would have taken prior to this season. Believe it or not, probably our best player this season has been McCann, who has been absolutely awesome (his injury has coincided with our loss of form).

But obv, he's a former mackem so I wouldn't expect you to take him ;-)

Ridgewell has never really impressed me in the past, maybe having a good season but I wouldnt swap.

Who do you have upfront for you at the moment? Angel is decent enough but Baros is a headless chicken. Would rather have Martins, yes he hasn't completely settled yet but I would have more confidence in him improving than Baros.

Always thought Barry was quite average aswell if im honest. Forgot about Petrov who I would take.

Ridgewell has never really impressed me in the past, maybe having a good season but I wouldnt swap.

Who do you have upfront for you at the moment? Angel is decent enough but Baros is a headless chicken. Would rather have Martins, yes he hasn't completely settled yet but I would have more confidence in him improving than Baros. Always thought Barry was quite average aswell if im honest. Forgot about Petrov who I would take.

Ridgewell hadnt impressed anyone until this season, but thus far has been nothing short of awesome. Him and McCann are the two best examples of MON improving players hugely. Barry has been consistently good for a long time now and has been excellent this season, too.

We did have a three man attack, Agbonlahor and Luke Moore (these two are incredible prospects) and Angel in the middle which worked excellently. then Moore got injured and Baros was brought in. He's still struggling for fitness to be honest.

I wouldn't swap Agbonlahor and Moore for anyone, to be honest, they're both so promising and pacey, but I'd glady see Baros go, and Angel replaced too (more reluctantly). This will happen in Jan if the right people are available. I wouldn't want to replace them with Martins, though (assuming the price was as it was).

That's not to say he isn't an exciting prospect, he is. Just that the kind of striker we need is the kind who will start scoring goals straight away. Much like you.

Guest geordieracer

i have the upmost respect for martin o'neill, your judging him on a team that isn't his, that were very short of confidence from the previous season, if you believe what you read in the papers most of the players wanted to leave villa after last season so to keep them and keeping them unbeaten is a great thing in its self.

this thread is ridiculous, hes bought in 1 player, and 2 players who he brought in presumably because they were on a free, and hes playing a lot of academy players, and hes lost an unbeaten run at liverpool former european champions..

if hes got his team playing like this now.. what are villa going to be like when o'neill gets his own team in.. hes already been linked with robbie keane today, which i think wil probably happen in january..

i'm not sure whether they will get top 6 this season but i would of thought it would be a certainty for them next season.. whilst glenn roeder is only taking us 1 place and thats the fizzy pop league.

and to the post above from what ive sin of villa i would definatly take petrov mellberg laursen and moore and agbonlahor any day of the week, and delaney use to be a quality right back ent heard much of him nwo

and to the post above from what ive sin of villa i would definatly take petrov mellberg laursen and moore and agbonlahor any day of the week, and delaney use to be a quality right back ent heard much of him nwo

Delaney is the most injury prone player on earth. To Dyeresque levels, really.

Most Villa fans will be happy with top half this season. We were doomed to relegation not so long ago, lest we forget.

Who do you have upfront for you at the moment? Angel is decent enough but Baros is a headless chicken. Would rather have Martins, yes he hasn't completely settled yet but I would have more confidence in him improving than Baros. Always thought Barry was quite average aswell if im honest. Forgot about Petrov who I would take.

Ridgewell hadnt impressed anyone until this season, but thus far has been nothing short of awesome. Him and McCann are the two best examples of MON improving players hugely. Barry has been consistently good for a long time now and has been excellent this season, too.

We did have a three man attack, Agbonlahor and Luke Moore (these two are incredible prospects) and Angel in the middle which worked excellently. then Moore got injured and Baros was brought in. He's still struggling for fitness to be honest.

I wouldn't swap Agbonlahor and Moore for anyone, to be honest, they're both so promising and pacey, but I'd glady see Baros go, and Angel replaced too (more reluctantly). This will happen in Jan if the right people are available. I wouldn't want to replace them with Martins, though (assuming the price was as it was).

That's not to say he isn't an exciting prospect, he is. Just that the kind of striker we need is the kind who will start scoring goals straight away. Much like you.

Forgot about Moore too  :lol: As you said he is out for a while though so i will let myself off  bluewink.gif

Not saying this will happen to Ridgewell but when Souness took over one of the pluses that came during the start of his reign was Bramble finally looking the player he could be, was putting in some good games and people were putting this down to Souness, didnt last!

I know what you mean about Martins, I still have faith he will come through and I do want someone who will do the business straight away but as Bellamy showed in his early Liverpool days even proven players in this league can struggle to adapt to a new team.

End of the day you have the manager who will get the best out of players, give us Martin O'Neill and maybe the likes of Bramble, Taylor, Ramage et all would be putting in improved performances.

Guest geordieracer

record so far:

wins against:

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

Scunthorpe (away)

Charlton (home)

Leicester (away in extra time)

I reckon Roeder could have achieved that

someone probably already said it but  your not including away draws at stamford bridge and emirates stadium

record so far:

wins against:

Reading (home)

Newcastle (home)

Scunthorpe (away)

Charlton (home)

Leicester (away in extra time)

I reckon Roeder could have achieved that

someone probably already said it but  your not including away draws at stamford bridge and emirates stadium

As well as missing the all-crucial point that exactly the same squad last year would not have got any of those results.

• 1 month later...

More to do with the team than the manager. It's a very, very average squad.

Its what annoyed me so much when they beat us - I think they're far worse than an average squad - I'm astonished that not at the foot of the table.

O'Neil's done well with such a pack of crap players.

Guest Invicta_Toon

tbf you needed some competition Mick

eekout.gif

I fear another of your amazing polls.

I fear another savage and soul destroying attack on my posting, of the like never seen since thompers' laughable attempt

what's the famous politicians quote? like being savaged by a dead sheep iirc

eekout.gif

I fear another savage and soul destroying attack on my posting, of the like never seen since thompers' laughable attempt

I don't need to savage your posts, you do a good job without any help.

Guest Invicta_Toon

eekout.gif

I don't need to savage your posts, you do a good job without any help.

I    savage    my    own    posts    ?

nnnghhh  ngghhhhnn  nnnngghhh [/attack of the dead sheep]

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Clearly unless Roeder wins the FA Cup, the UEFA Cup and gets a Champions League position then there'll be a lot of people wanting his head.

It seems that unless Newcastle have the best manager in the world, the best squad in the world and a 100% record throughout the season that they'll always be knockers.

Perhaps some of these top people don't actually want to come to Newcastle, shocking as though this may seem!

Clearly unless Roeder wins the FA Cup, the UEFA Cup and gets a Champions League position then there'll be a lot of people wanting his head.

It seems that unless Newcastle have the best manager in the world, the best squad in the world and a 100% record throughout the season that they'll always be knockers.

Perhaps some of these top people don't actually want to come to Newcastle, shocking as though this may seem!

Nothing wrong with knockers

• 3 weeks later...