Hughton should seek help from Sir Bobby.

James

Hughton could do with all the help he can get.

I know Sir Bobby's health isn't great, but would it be worth arranging for him to be on the end of the telephone as some sort of mentor/tactical assistant?

Perhaps he could even come into the training ground once a week to talk to the players, try and get their confidence up?

Cant see that happening. There are experienced people to help Houghton (he also has bags of caretaker manager experience) at the club. The ED(F) should not have given Sadler the bullet as in doing so he has spread the only Money we have very thinly.

I know Sir Bobby's health isn't great, but would it be worth arranging for him to be on the end of the telephone as some sort of mentor/tactical assistant?

Perhaps he could even come into the training ground once a week to talk to the players, try and get their confidence up?

In suggesting this laudible idea, you are making the same assumption that a lot of people are unable to stop themselves doing  -  that the current ownership might try something like this, because they ARE TRYING to improve things.

They are not.

They intend to pretend to be doing that, while letting us and the club (but principally us) ROT - in revenge for what they feel we have done to them.

They are NOT trying to put things right, or to sell (in any great hurry) or anything like that at all.  Wait and see.

Guest Jawesome

He's dying ffs...

On a Bobby Robson related note, I recently moved in next door to the great man.  His big white mansion looks lethal.

Guest guinness_fiend

No, he should spend the last few months/years of his life away from the club.  I wish him as little stress and heartache as possible.  He owes us nothing.  We owe him everything.

Guest guinness_fiend

He would love to help but he needs to well away from the stresses of this club, it will be hard enough for him as a fan to see whats going on.

Plus, HE IS DYING.  He has more important things to deal with than NUFC.  Anyone who considered for a moment that he should assist should be ashamed of themselves.

The incurable romantic in me would have liked to see us win some silverware before SBR leaves us forever. Makes Wednesday even more important. I don't understand how the team could ever need anymore motivation to play their socks off mid-week. Do it for Sir Bobby.

Guest Jawesome

He's dying ffs...

On a Bobby Robson related note, I recently moved in next door to the great man.  His big white mansion looks lethal.

What do you mean? :(

By lethal I meant very very nice.

Guest LucaAltieri

I've no doubt that Sir Bobby would want to lend a hand if he could. I also think Ashley would consider it for a fleeting moment as good PR - much like the Keegan appointment - but the fact Bobby is so near to the end, and he was burned by Keegan would probably nip it in the bud.