Sources close to Mike Ashley - SSN

Guest hindu times

Still think Ambani will come back in.

Let's hope he really is a toon fan because if he is, what's an extra hundred million or so to a fella with his cash?

My gut feeling is still (as I said in the original Ambani thread) that it will be Ambani who buys us.

but it wont be for ages yet because ashley still needs to make more of a mess of the club to get back at us for the protests?

I doubt Kevin Keegan has backed anyone to takeover the club. He would look like a real idiot if he quit he club in spectacular fashion...again...only to still try and be involved. The man out to stay out of the club's matters really. I just hope the Nigerian consortium realise they have no support from anywhere. Honestly, most fans of a club seem not to want Nigerians anywhere near their club, so why go where your not wanted? Also, I hope they realise no one back home will care or support them. But regardless, I think all the Nigerian hating that has come out is a bit ridiculous though.

I doubt Kevin Keegan has backed anyone to takeover the club. He would look like a real idiot if he quit he club in spectacular fashion...again...only to still try and be involved. The man out to stay out of the club's matters really. I just hope the Nigerian consortium realise they have no support from anywhere. Honestly, most fans of a club seem not to want Nigerians anywhere near their club, so why go where your not wanted? Also, I hope they realise no one back home will care or support them. But regardless, I think all the Nigerian hating that has come out is a bit ridiculous though.

Nobody I know would have any problem with Nigerians taking over, why would anyone not want them because of there nationality?..  Also I'd say people in Nigeria would certainly care about a Premiership side backed by Nigerians, surely Premiership Football is big over there?

Support would probaly not be as high as you think. Newcastle is not popular at all in Nigeria. In fact they are mostly a subject of ridicule. I have taken alot of stick over the years for supporting them. Also, you have to realise that Nigeria already has about 20 players in the Premiership, and most people already support Arsenal or Chelsea. However, I think most folks are just disillusioned by the fact some oil barons (who most likely acquired alot of their funds on the backs of other people) are going to splash 400 mil on some foreign club when clubs in the Nigerian Premier League do not have pitches to play on.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'm not saying they definitely are the answer, but why are people so skeptical? Be nice if some real reasons were listed.

Well so far I have determined there is one reason the posters don't like them; they're Nigerian.

Support would probaly not be as high as you think. Newcastle is not popular at all in Nigeria. In fact they are mostly a subject of ridicule. I have taken alot of stick over the years for supporting them. Also, you have to realise that Nigeria already has about 20 players in the Premiership, and most people already support Arsenal or Chelsea. However, I think most folks are just disillusioned by the fact some oil barons (who most likely acquired alot of their funds on the backs of other people) are going to splash 400 mil on some foreign club when clubs in the Nigerian Premier League do not have pitches to play on.

I'm not saying Nigerians will be excited about it because its Newcastle..  I'm saying they will be interested because its the Premiership.

Also having 20 players spread out across the league (one of there best at Newcastle BTW) isn't really the same as a Nigerian run club to be honest..  You might be right about the politics of it and people wondering whether the money to buy us has been accrued at there expense though.

I'm not saying they definitely are the answer, but why are people so skeptical? Be nice if some real reasons were listed.

Well so far I have determined there is one reason the posters don't like them; they're Nigerian.

Basically Nigeria is one of the most corrupt countries in the world to do business. I've worked with organisations from many different parts of Africa and I've only ever had trouble in Nigeria. Other people I know who have worked in Africa all say the same thing. I'm not saying that all Nigerians are the same as I've met some really decent people but the country is in a mess.

Just look at these two articles for example to see what I mean:

http://www.economist.com/world/mideast-africa/displaystory.cfm?story_id=12267373

http://www.economist.com/world/mideast-africa/displaystory.cfm?story_id=11975488

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_4190895,00.html

Nigeria consortium to make Toon statement

The consortium from Nigeria fronted by Chris Nathaniel are set to make a statement by the weekend on the possibility of buying Newcastle.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley has put the club up for sale and Nathaniel, chief executive of NVA management, has declared interest from a group of entrepreneurs he is liaising with.

Nathaniel's significance in football was recognised by his inclusion in the "Black List" of the 30 of the most influential figures of African or African-Caribbean heritage in English football, which has been supported by Kick It Out.

He was at Westminster to pick up his award but is still working hard on looking at the possibilities of taking over at St James' Park.

"It is a very serious offer, they are very serious business people and passionate football fans," he said.

"We are still at the early stages. Hopefully in the next 48 hours we will be in a position to make a statement and take the situation further.

"Newcastle should be achieving more than they are. There is long-term potential at the club, there is a lot wrong at the club [at the moment] but they are determined to put that right by getting the right people in and using the right structure."

The consortium are aware of the standing Kevin Keegan has among Newcastle support after his departure that led to the club being up for sale. Bookmakers have also taken a raft of bets on Terry Venables being the next boss.

"Kevin is a hero on Tyneside, he'd be a great choice but I can't say too much," Nathaniel added.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1780_4190895,00.html

Nigeria consortium to make Toon statement

The consortium from Nigeria fronted by Chris Nathaniel are set to make a statement by the weekend on the possibility of buying Newcastle.

http://www.rioferdinand5.com/files/ferdinand7.jpg

"Geordies, you've been merked."

Shows the guy speaking on SSN