Terry Venables turned down chance to manage Newcastle in 2008

Guest Chubby Jason
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While the club is up for sale, no manager will want the job whether it be on a short-term deal or a long-term deal. You can't expect a manager to work under such conditions. For any manager to work their magic they need a few months of working with the players and no player is ever going to fully commit to a manager appointed for a short period. This is the realty of the mess these complete idiots have placed us in. They haven't a clue.

I thought you wanted the club to be up for sale?

How far behind in the relegation battle will we be before we are sorted though?

The Nigerians are looking more and more attractive

Nowt racial here but just dont fancy Nigerian birds but when i was pissed one night i hooked up with a couple of game birds and went back to there place for a session                  oops  :-[ thought i was in Swingers Heaven website  can i delete this post  :blush: oh dear better not let the wife read this  :iamatwat:

We are f***ed. RIP Newcastle. Fans to blame

Thats about the size of it, yes.

Is it any wonder Venables said no, with mentalities the the poster's view above mine ?

Getting pretty fucking tired of wankers saying the fans are to blame for all this mess, tbh.

Did we force Keegan out to start this entire farce? No, so shut the fuck up.

seems almost a willingness to blame fans too. more likely down to no manager touching us while the ownership issue is unresolved, not to mention the current board's precedent for undermining managers. couple this with venables only being offered a short-term deal (week by week according to some sources) and it's no suprise that he's turned us down. why would he put himself through the bother if he's only going to have the job for a fortnight?

Getting pretty fucking tired of wankers saying the fans are to blame for all this mess, tbh.

I'm not saying the fans are fully to blame but some need to look at themselves. Remember that vitriol that Allardyce faced after only a few months (Liverpool at home)? Managers, especially in this country, will have noted something like that.

I'm not saying the fans are fully to blame but some need to look at themselves. Remember that vitriol that Allardyce faced after only a few months (Liverpool at home)? Managers, especially in this country, will have noted something like that.

I'm not saying the fans are perfect and have acted with complete dignity throughout this. But put it this way, nobody was against Ashley until Keegan felt he had to walk out. Well, apart from NE5.

Most were at least content with the way we were moving forward, on and off the pitch. The fans are NOT responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in as a club.

: |

For me, happy happy Venables isnt coming because I dont like him. But unhappy because who ever we do appoint is going to be worse.

Simply put, we are not going to win again until we have a permenant manager or at least a figurehead that can inspire a little confidence and pride back into the players.

I know he isnt well, but if he is up to it we should be doing all we can to get SBR down to the training ground tmrw just to give a short speech to the players. No one else seems to be addressing them.

I'm not saying the fans are perfect and have acted with complete dignity throughout this. But put it this way, nobody was against Ashley until Keegan felt he had to walk out. Well, apart from NE5.

Most were at least content with the way we were moving forward, on and off the pitch. The fans are NOT responsible for the mess we now find ourselves in as a club.

They have to shoulder some of the blame though.

Sorry, wires crossed a little bit. What i meant was that i seriously think that managers will think "no chance of me managing that lot, if i dont succeed straight away or my initials arent KK or AS then i'll face a shit storm from the crowd".

I didnt mean some fans are responible for KK walking out and all that.

The fans more or less forced Ashley out by all accounts and that is the reason for the club looking for a new owner. So in that sense some of us are partly responsible for what has happened.

However the thing that set this all off in the first place - the root cause of this crisis - has nothing to do with the fans whatsoever. So no this isn't really the fan's fault but some have affected it along the way.