Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

"Cacapa is fine" & "Cacapa looked decent" to think some people say the drugs are not good as they once were.

Cacapa is a defender with a bit of class and a brain on him his pass for owens at West Ham showed that. Deply him in a more defensive role mopping up, and play Gonzalez attacking

"Cacapa is fine" & "Cacapa looked decent" to think some people say the drugs are not good as they once were.

:lol: Dont knock it till you've tried it. ;)

:pow:

If a few cowies improve the game to the extent you think Cacapa is playing well, I think I will have to take some on board pre match.

f*** the protest man, tune in and drop out.

Could you imgaine the match banter man "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLREEEEEEEEEEEEET, whats your name, where your from", "YOUR CLASS YOU, I AM GOING TO SIT NEXT YOU EVERYGAME" , "DO YOU THINK KEVIN KEEGAN IS LIKE YODA".

:lol: I think i met you in the Gallowgate bar once.

How many times will that ginger c*** give the ball away!  Its f***ing ridiculous that we've got someone like Butt in the team, he's completely finished!

Dramatically improved squad though.

Dave that's cheeky but not a fair comment. The only reason Butt is playing is because both Guthrie and Barton are suspended and for whatever reason, Houghton just refuse to play Nacho. As far as I'm concerned, our 'perillously thin' squad makes him 4th line and that's good enough for me.

How many times will that ginger c*** give the ball away!  Its f***ing ridiculous that we've got someone like Butt in the team, he's completely finished!

Dramatically improved squad though.

Dave that's cheeky but not a fair comment. The only reason Butt is playing is because both Guthrie and Barton are suspended and for whatever reason, Houghton just refuse to play Nacho. As far as I'm concerned, our 'perillously thin' squad makes him 4th line and that's good enough for me.

Nacho has been carrying an injury in the last week or so which I presume is why he wasn`t involved tonight

I thought, considering the team we fielded, we did okay. There's just not much creativity coming from the midfield at the moment. And I'm still not convinced about Martins and Owen as a combination.

It was even up to the first goal, and then we were let down by giving the ball away.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the morale of the side, I'll say that. There was effort, but not enough quality.

Took me till now to have the heart to post about this game, what a  boring boring pile of shite, and the media today will big up Spurs but they were just as shite as we were. We had chances to win it yes but with that line up and the selection of who plays where we started with a disadvantage.

Did anyone hear that massive bang that came from the Leezes?  not long before the end of the 1st half..

Geremi was awful, N'Zogbia tries to make those runs but never manages to, Colo was good at time bad at times, Taylor looked unsure every time on the ball. Butt and Cacapa were awful and slow, Bassong was ok (one of the betters), Owen was alright and same goes for Oba. Duff was average at best, he was at Championship level.

oba need's to start improving his footballing brain as he still does not have one yet

the amount of time's he get's offside is mad

Was he offside a lot yesterday, I cant recall. There was no attempt at a killer pass yesterday at all, you could see Martins running onto the last man everytime we went forward only for nothing to happen, or like in one instance N'Zogbia have a completely pointless shot. You can only hold the line so long before it becomes the person on the balls fault for not playing the ball sooner.

Oba was given offside a bit but to be fair to the lad a lot of the time he was on, pace can be a killer when playing on the shoulder of the CB, by the time the linesman looked up he just thinks Oba has to be offside he is so advanced. The never allow for the pace of the player.

I got to see the whole game on rerun when I return for work, I had no idea of the score as I was locked in meeting and chasing my tail all afternoon when the game was on.

Anyway, Alan Parry summed up the game perfectly just after half time when he said "For those just coming in from work who've just missed the first half....congratulations" :)

It was a absolutely shocking game from two teams who are woefully out of form and belief.

From our point of view I thought we had huge problems at the back, Spuds didn't really test out our backline enough, but Bassong, Taylor and Collocini were absolute disasters last night.

In midfield we had nothing, Duff ineffective as he has been thought his career at NUFC, Zoggy not involved enough for me. Butt's seemingly regular giving the ball away trick cost us the all important first goal but actually outside that was probably the pick of the midfield. Cacapa, well he's not a midfielder is he. Geremi wasteful and unimpressive.

Up front we struggled to get Owen and Martins in the game but Woody and King looked very strong for them.

What we have done last night is given a huge lift to the only team below us in the table, the goal for the russian guy who I'll not even try to spell will be a big relief for him too.

Our team needs some belief, organisation and motivation, at this moment in time we are screwed. Is Vegetables the man to relieve this dying club, I'm not so sure but it's better than no one. 

Guest Alan Shearer 9

First time I have walked out before the finish. Two shite teams with the game lost because of mistakes.

Should be ashamed of yourself tbh. What were you expecting?

Guest Howaythetoon

First time I have walked out before the finish. Two s**** teams with the game lost because of mistakes.

Should be ashamed of yourself tbh. What were you expecting?

To lose 4-3.