Nigerian bid fraudulent?

biggs

If Nigerian businessmen have got millions to piss away on football clubs, why don't they spend it on improving Nigeria instead?

You could donate the money you spend on going to matches to UNICEF. It would probably save a dozen starving children annually.

Why don't you?  :rolleyes:

I already contribute to good causes in my home country. It's called NI and Income tax.

If Nigerian businessmen have got millions to piss away on football clubs, why don't they spend it on improving Nigeria instead?

You could donate the money you spend on going to matches to UNICEF. It would probably save a dozen starving children annually.

I already contribute to good causes in my home country. It's called NI and Income tax.

They probably pay taxes too. Everyone uses money for selfish purposes. You can't fault people more for that just because they're rich.

Love how you originally had a less confrontational response and deleted it becuase you felt that you had to be more hardass by the way.  :lol:

They probably pay taxes too. Everyone uses money for selfish purposes. You can't fault people more for that just because they're rich.

Love how you originally had a less confrontational response and deleted it becuase you felt that you had to be more hardass by the way.  :lol:

Curses. :lol:

My country gives a lot of money to Africa, and namely Sport Aid gave money so that kids over there could attend school.

It rankles a little bit when you see Nigerians waving £300 million around when hardworking British people pick up the tab for their countries woes.

Why should millionaires from poor countries be held to a higher standard? Just like all rich folks they are pursuing their interests. Steve Fosset wants to kill himself hang gliding. The Hiltons want to produce spastic children. They want to buy a football club.

I don't want to get into a debate about "British folks picking up the tab for our woes"...so I won't, but Sport Aid...that happened before I was born man.  :lol:

Curses. :lol:

My country gives a lot of money to Africa, and namely Sport Aid gave money so that kids over there could attend school.

It rankles a little bit when you see Nigerians waving £300 million around when hardworking British people pick up the tab for their countries woes.

so basically you are saying that people from poor shouldn't be able to spend their money as they wish ? what do you think of abramovich ?

Why should millionaires from poor countries be held to a higher standard?

You're right. They shouldn't. It's all obscene, the millionaires, billionaires in this game.

Just sticks out like a sore thumb when it's people from a country that has it's begging bowl out.

For the record, I've always thought the money these Russian oligarchs have is basically stolen money.

You're right. They shouldn't. It's all obscene, the millionaires, billionaires in this game.

Just sticks out like a sore thumb when it's people from a country that has it's begging bowl out.

For the record, I've always thought the money these Russian oligarchs have is basically stolen money.

Nigeria's also in pretty decent shape compared to the rest of sub-Saharan Africa by the way.

Africa, Dubai, Russia, or even Britain, it's all the same anywhere in the world. You'll have people who are swimming in money despite the fact that there are people in their country who are starving to death.

It'd be nice if every rich man could be like Bill Gates, but that's not a realistic standard to hold people to.

Nigeria's also in pretty decent shape compared to the rest of sub-Saharan Africa by the way.

Africa, Dubai, Russia, or even Britain, it's all the same anywhere in the world. You'll have people who are swimming in money despite the fact that there are people in their country who are starving to death.

It'd be nice if every rich man could be like Bill Gates, but that's not a realistic standard to hold people to.

Cannot argue with any of that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Sun running the story that a bid has been made and the consortium are in the process of due diligence

JOE KINNEAR took over at Newcastle, then bizarrely claimed: I’m just keeping the seat warm for Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

His shock announcement was followed last night by news that a Nigerian consortium, believed to want the Toon idols back at the club, have now offically bid more than £200million.

Frontman Chris Nathaniel said: “It’s up to Newcastle now — the consortium have put an offer in.

“We will still have to go through all the legal side of it and due diligence needs to be carried out.

“These people know what they are doing and are very enthusiastic about Newcastle.”

Reports from Nigeria are indicating that Michael Adenuga is a large part of the Nigerian consortium looking to take over Newcastle. He is a telecommunications mogul that owns Globacom. This company sponsors the Nigerian national team as well as the Nigerian Premier League. Adenuga is real money though, and considering that others are also actively involved, it seems like there would certainly be enough money for transfers and things like that.

Guest neesy111

Have to ask - how much is he worth?

$1.8 billion as of 2006, don't know current figures.

thats not even a billion in £'s though

Have to ask - how much is he worth?

$1.8 billion as of 2006, don't know current figures.

thats not even a billion in £'s though

It's a consortium, they don't all have to be billionaires. I bet none of the Mackems guys are worth that much.