Roeder PLEASED with performance

Guest smoggeordie

i guess we'll be seeing dis next week

"i'm pleased with our performance today.we r in control of the game for most of the time n created a whole lots more

chances , 2 bad we didnt score a goal , we're just merely unluck 2 lose 4-0 to shef utd today. "

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

"I was really pleased with them."Roeder told PremPlus

What!?!

Hang on I'll get the translator out....

I guess we'll be seeing this next week

"I'm pleased with our performance today. We were in control of the game for the most parts and created alot more chances than them.

"It was dissapointing that we didnt score a goal , we were just merely unlucky to lose 4-0 to Sheffield today.

"I told the players that they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort than what they did.

"I was really pleased with them." Roeder told PremPlus

;)

Thanks Jonny, I only speak English, a bit of French and the odd word of German and Spanish, so I didn't have a scooby what that geezer was on about. What language was it?

The language of the charvonians I believe, may be mistaken.

When you're my age, you get used to it

"i'm pleased with our performance today.we r in control of the game for most of the time n created a whole lots more

chances , 2 bad we didnt score a goal , we're just merely unluck 2 lose 4-0 to shef utd today. "

"I told the players they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort at all.

What!?!

"I'm pleased with our performance today. We were in control of the game for the most parts and created alot more chances than them.

"It was dissapointing that we didnt score a goal , we were just merely unlucky to lose 4-0 to Sheffield today.

"I told the players that they couldn't have given themselves, or the staff, or the football club any more effort than what they did.

;)

Thanks Jonny, I only speak English, a bit of French and the odd word of German and Spanish, so I didn't have a scooby what that geezer was on about. What language was it?

Aha, I've heard of them, but I didn't think they'd developed language yet?

They are working on something which can loosely be described as a "language"

Depends whether that's what he really thinks or just what he's saying to the press. If he really thinks that, we're in trouble, if he's just saying it, we're probably still in trouble, but at least he knows it.

He shouldnt be saying that to the press full stop, whether he means it or not. ridiculous

Yeah, ok.

Anyway, I'm off out to see De La Soul, hopefully that'll cheer me up.  :celb2:

Well, Me, Myself and I ain't with the daisies

Cos I ain't no goddamn flower

And anyone who is, gets covered in a golden shower.

;)

Well NUFC are certainly 3 foot high, but I don't see much rising going on.

I'll probobly get bashed fopr this, but I agree with Roeder.

Our performance was very pleasing, we played well, looked reasonably solid at the back. The only thing that let us down was the finishing and to tell the truth on another day with some fit strikers we could have put 3 or 4 past Charlton with that performance.

What!?!

;)

Aha, I've heard of them, but I didn't think they'd developed language yet?

They are working on something which can loosely be described as a "language"

Are they somekind of mechanoids, they seem to speak using numbers?

thx

What!?!

;)

thx tongue.gif

thx

What!?!

;)

thx tongue.gif

:roll:

:lol:

thx

What!?!

;)

thx tongue.gif

;)

Good lad, nice to see someone with a sense of humour for a change.

The players need a kick up the arse publically and privately. They're just not working hard enough, which is a basic requirement from them. If I was Roeder I'd be slagging them off and hoping for a reaction.

Not good enough I'm afraid. Recent form and the fact that we couldn't beat the bottom side at home says that we are in trouble. First half, we played very well, some nice movement, Rossi looked very good and we should have taken the lead, we had the chances, BUT once again we didn't put them away. Its not as bad as the likes of the Fulham and Bolton games because at least we took a point out of the game, but we shouldn't be pleased or even satisfied with that because we have desperate problems scoring and I think other teams might have punished us in the way Fulham and Bolton did after we began those games as the dominant side. A point is NOT good enough, especially considering that if you're averaging a point a game (and we're not even managing that at the minute) that would put you on 38 points. The usual safety mark is 40. Teams finishing on 38 points will probably stay up this year, but we're in relegation form right now. Sorry Glenn, it's not good enough.

The first half was good against a crap side, but he cant be happy with the lack of desire and foreward thinking in the second half.  And bramble shouldve made it 1-0 to them.

I think the thing that hurt us in the 2d half was frustration. Nothing we tried seemed to be working and when something did work we missed the chance.

Guest elbee909

Depends whether that's what he really thinks or just what he's saying to the press. If he really thinks that, we're in trouble, if he's just saying it, we're probably still in trouble, but at least he knows it.

He shouldnt be saying that to the press full stop, whether he means it or not. ridiculous

Yeah, ok.

Anyway, I'm off out to see De La Soul, hopefully that'll cheer me up.  :celb2:

Well, Me, Myself and I ain't with the daisies

Cos I ain't no goddamn flower

And anyone who is, gets covered in a golden shower.

;)

Well NUFC are certainly 3 foot high, but I don't see much rising going on.

Just thought a bit of Del Tha Funkee Homosapien might help. :)

Well of course Roedent is pleased. That is the total sum of his ambition. He is a mediocre (at best) manager, utterly useless tactically and instead of where his balls are there is an energen roll.  Why no substitutions ? why no counter to the changes Dowie made ?  It was so boring in the second half and I feel there is no hope until January when someone who can put the ball in the net can be found. 8 points from 10 games .....definitely relegation form.

i agree with glen.

The same way you agreed with souness no doubt.

you can fuck right off right this second. Souness was a fucking cancer and we played awful football, under Roeder we have played well without a killer punch, you're all a bunch of knee jerk twats.

i agree with glen.

you can **** right off right this second. Souness was a ****ing cancer and we played awful football, under Roeder we have played well without a killer punch, you're all a bunch of knee jerk twats.

a knee jerk reaction is when you base an opinion on something that has just happened, not something that has been building for months.

Guest smoggeordie

i agree with glen.

you can **** right off right this second. Souness was a ****ing cancer and we played awful football, under Roeder we have played well without a killer punch, you're all a bunch of knee jerk twats.

a knee jerk reaction is when you base an opinion on something that has just happened, not something that has been building for months.

Well said. This isn't over one match. Barring 30 second half minutes Vs Pompey, we haven't played fluid, attacking football once this season.

i agree with glen.

Well said. This isn't over one match. Barring 30 second half minutes Vs Pompey, we haven't played fluid, attacking football once this season.

blueyes.gif Not a single performance this season stands out as being a great performance.

Guest smoggeordie

i agree with glen.

blueyes.gif Not a single performance this season stands out as being a great performance.

Not a single performance this season stands out as being a good performance.

He must surely be banned

Glenn Roeder feels he could not have asked for any more from his Newcastle United players in the 0-0 home draw with Charlton Athletic.

The Magpies were booed off at St James' Park after a sixth successive game without a win in The Premiership.

Though Newcastle dominated the encounter, the hosts were unable to break down a dogged Charlton back-line.

Roeder tried to remain upbeat after the game and was pleased with the application from his players.

The Newcastle chief felt the only disappointment was failing to score in a game which leaves the club 16th in the table.

"I'm only frustrated because we haven't scored," Roeder told PremPlus.

"Don't take anything away from the performance or the effort the boys put in there.

"We're only disappointed because we haven't scored a goal from the host of opportunities we've had.

"People can spin it how they want, they can write what they want.

"I was really pleased with them."

Link

'You can fool some of the people ALL of the time , ALL of the people SOME of the time...' etc. etc.

The Danny Kaye song about the 'Emperor's new clothes' comes to mind....