Amr Zaki

Dokko

Its easy to say sign him up now but if we had signed him before the start of the season, I'm sure many would have shouted this transfer down as he is not a "known" name and the usual shite of "not good enough" would have come up.

We seem obsessed with signing big names when there are so many gems around, unfortunately, not many have been spotted by us.

Credit to Bruce and his team for picking up so many gems and easing them into the English game

Its easy to say sign him up now but if we had signed him before the start of the season, I'm sure many would have shouted this transfer down as he is not a "known" name and the usual shite of "not good enough" would have come up.

We seem obsessed with signing big names when there are so many gems around, unfortunately, not many have been spotted by us.

Credit to Bruce and his team for picking up so many gems and easing them into the English game

Pointless, since we have seen him now, can make a judgement and can still make a bid.

Nobody complained about Bassong fwiw.

Pointless, since we have seen him now, can make a judgement and can still make a bid.

Because Bassong is viewed as a youngster.

Who was that lad around Zaki's age playing for PSG? We were linked with him for around a few million and some on here were moaning that  a player couldn't be good enough at his age if he's only going to cost a few million.

I'd sign him up now btw.

Its easy to say sign him up now but if we had signed him before the start of the season, I'm sure many would have shouted this transfer down as he is not a "known" name and the usual s**** of "not good enough" would have come up.

We can bid all we want. Will Zaki even want to consider us ???

Got a feeling if KK comes back, Zaki is the kind of player he'd try and bring in. If we get going again, get a few players through the doors in the inter window, club stabilizes and the season picks up, why can't we get Zaki in? He's not a big name, even though he's in a bit of form.

Saying that, we've seen this before time and time again, one season wonders, and i'm sure clubs would be wary of that, and put off potential suitors.

Is Zaki the most overrated player in Premiership history at the moment?

Looks a canny player though all the same. It's good to see that type of striker still making a mark, there's not enough of them out there if you ask me.

Looks a canny player though all the same. It's good to see that type of striker still making a mark, there's not enough of them out there if you ask me.

Possibly, it's something you've got to watch out for, its only a few games in, and some of his goals being basic. But he's looked a good capture on loan, and could turn out to be a right master stroke by Bruce (his only one for me) then again, he could go the next 10 games without scoring and no one would want to know.

Basing off what i've seen, i like him and would like him here.

Possibly, it's something you've got to watch out for, its only a few games in, and some of his goals being basic. But he's looked a good capture on loan, and could turn out to be a right master stroke by Bruce (his only one for me) then again, he could go the next 10 games without scoring and no one would want to know.

Palacios?

Bruce isa much better manager than you are making out, I'd have him here now in a shot.

Dugarry. ;)

I think he's doing an excellent job at Wigan at the moment. Still think he's a wanker though, obviously.

Guest Heneage

Im not saying hes "A tremendous brilliant player who should be at Barcelona".

But when the balls given to him he finds the net with good rate.

Dugarry. ;)

I think he's doing an excellent job at Wigan at the moment. Still think he's a w***** though, obviously.

werent Palacios and Valencia loan signings too initially? they turned out not bad

Guest Stephen927

Dugarry. ;)

I think he's doing an excellent job at Wigan at the moment. Still think he's a w***** though, obviously.

werent Palacios and Valencia loan signings too initially? they turned out not bad

Valencia signed on an initial one year loan, Palacios was signed by Bruce on a loan deal for Birmingham then bought outright by Bruce when he moved to Wigan.

With regards to the Zaki situation, I think a distinction has to be made between "value for money" and an actual "quality player". On loan, Zaki looks like a very smart piece of business indeed, but I will wait till the end of the season to see whether he actually is quality. Countless players in the past have started a season so impressively and rapidly faded away as their game became more obvious. Defenders will learn how to play him.

Hope he proves me wrong though, because he does seem a very useful player indeed. But just as players should be given time to improve, players should also be required to prove over a longer period that they can consistently produce good performances. Let's wait and see.

With regards to the Zaki situation, I think a distinction has to be made between "value for money" and an actual "quality player". On loan, Zaki looks like a very smart piece of business indeed, but I will wait till the end of the season to see whether he actually is quality. Countless players in the past have started a season so impressively and rapidly faded away as their game became more obvious. Defenders will learn how to play him.

Hope he proves me wrong though, because he does seem a very useful player indeed. But just as players should be given time to improve, players should also be required to prove over a longer period that they can consistently produce good performances. Let's wait and see.

For example Darren Bent did very well for Charlton, gone totally tits up now

• 2 weeks later...

Zaki joined the Latics on a season-long loan deal from El Zamalek in Egypt this summer and has settled immediately in England, scoring seven goals in his first eight league games, including a brace in Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Liverpool.

Steve Bruce insists that Wigan have an agreement in principle with the Cairo club to sign Zaki at the end of his loan stint, but the Egypt international's superb form has alerted a number of clubs.

The JJB Stadium fans have immediately taken Zaki to their hearts, with the forward admitting how much he is enjoying life in the North West.

Talks

But City's recent takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group makes them heavyweights in the transfer market with manager Mark Hughes having already been given the funds to bring in Robinho from Real Madrid for £32.5million.

The Eastlands outfit are looking to build a squad capable of challenging for silverware at home and abroad and have identified the powerful Zaki as the ideal candidate to lead their attack.

El Zamalek confirmed that they are set to hold discussions with City in the coming days in a bid to resolve Zaki's long-term future.

A statement from the Egyptian club read: "A Zamalek delegation will fly to either Manchester or Abu Dhabi, not determined yet, to hold talks with City representatives over Zaki."

Above from SkySports

Its easy to say sign him up now but if we had signed him before the start of the season, I'm sure many would have shouted this transfer down as he is not a "known" name and the usual s**** of "not good enough" would have come up.

We can bid all we want. Will Zaki even want to consider us ???

Dont even think we would have a hope in hell unless we get get  manager in who wants him tbh he is going to bigger clubs than us atm due to our mess.

Guest Heneage

Because Bassong is viewed as a youngster.

Who was that lad around Zaki's age playing for PSG? We were linked with him for around a few million and some on here were moaning that  a player couldn't be good enough at his age if he's only going to cost a few million.

I'd sign him up now btw.

Digard? Arteta?

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has confirmed he is checking on Wigan star Ami Zaki, after the African hit-man scored a memorable double at Anfield on Saturday.

The Egyptian striker has taken the Premier League by storm this season with seven goals in his first eight game making him top scorer in England's top-flight.

He highlighted his form with a brilliant brace at Liverpool, which included a stunning volley at the Kop end.

Wigan signed the forward on loan from El Zamalek in his homeland and they always stated that they had secured first refusal on him.

No deal

However, in recent days, Zamalek have insisted that they will sell the player to which ever club they want, and Manchester City are already thought to have made contact via their new Abu Dhabi-based owners.

"We will have the right to sell Zaki to any club," Zamalek president Mamdouh Abbas stated.

But Benitez, who looks set to be in the market for a new front-man come January, has intriguingly admitted that he will also be taking a close look at Zaki after his outstanding display against the Spaniard's side on Saturday.

"Everybody will be checking his situation now," Benitez admitted in The Times.