Mike Ashley - Newcastle's best ever chairman/owner.

Benwell Lad

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about.

Experiencing something doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.  My gran lived through the blitz but she hasn't got a fucking clue about the workings of the V1 bomb.

the figures I have gave, that you have clipped out, are absolutely correct.

I wasn't referring to or have any argument about the figures which is why I clipped them.   No, it was a general comment aimed at the whole attitude that just because you're an old git (like me) who has experienced something, then your opinions must therefore be right and everyone else is wrong.  An opinion is only ever that.

I see there are quite a few anti-Ashley posters on other boards starting to admit they are relieved we should be ok during the financial meltdown because Ashley used his own cash to clear the debt leaving in us a fairly healthy position compared to the likes of Man U even. The OP might need to be re-considered in light of this fact ;)

I see there are quite a few anti-Ashley posters on other boards starting to admit they are relieved we should be ok during the financial meltdown because Ashley used his own cash to clear the debt leaving in us a fairly healthy position compared to the likes of Man U even. The OP might need to be re-considered in light of this fact ;)

To be fair - we arent out the woods yet. Ashley may still have the debt payment as loan from him....

Four out of five of Shepherd's appointments were so unsuccessful that they had to be replaced after a season or so.

That's what rational beings call a "fact".

Here, this may help:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fact

but you agreed with him on at least 3 occasions ?

I wouldn't necessarily call qualifying for europe more than eveybody but 4 teams "so unsuccessful". Do you think that Ashley is doing better ?

PS Tron.........this sort of first hand experience is how I know what I'm talking about.

Experiencing something doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.  My gran lived through the blitz but she hasn't got a fucking clue about the workings of the V1 bomb.

I wasn't referring to or have any argument about the figures which is why I clipped them.   No, it was a general comment aimed at the whole attitude that just because you're an old git (like me) who has experienced something, then your opinions must therefore be right and everyone else is wrong.  An opinion is only ever that.

I agree thate everybody has an opinion. You may think that Steve Taylor is shit, and I would disagree, for instance. Thats an opinion. But those figures aren't opinions, they are facts, and show how little in relative terms the club was worth at the time.

My point - to go further - is that if you have first hand experience of something, and back it up with factual information, it must be pretty much correct ?

if Shepherde's appointments were so successful, he

Four out of five of Shepherd's appointments were so unsuccessful that they had to be replaced after a season or so.

Here, this may help:

I wouldn't necessarily call qualifying for europe more than eveybody but 4 teams "so unsuccessful". Do you think that Ashley is doing better ?

If you are of the opinion that Gullit, Souness and Roeder were successful appointments, then you must think Shepherd was a complete idiot to sack them all.

if Shepherde's appointments were so successful, he

Here, this may help:

If you are of the opinion that Gullit, Souness and Roeder were successful appointments, then you must think Shepherd was a complete idiot to sack them all.

I take it you think that all those 3 should have had more time then. You must certainly think that Souness and Allardyce should have had more time as you said quite clearly that you backed them to make the club successful ?

You ought to stop making assumptions about what other people think. You're really not very good at it.

Why not try engaging with what people actually say? You might even end up having a sensible conversation one of these days.

you said at the time, that you supported Souness and Allardyce.

That makes at least 3 times you backed the appointments made by the old board. Possibly more, as message boards weren't operative in the late 1990;s

I wasn't referring to or have any argument about the figures which is why I clipped them.   No, it was a general comment aimed at the whole attitude that just because you're an old git (like me) who has experienced something, then your opinions must therefore be right and everyone else is wrong.  An opinion is only ever that.

I agree thate everybody has an opinion. You may think that Steve Taylor is shit, and I would disagree, for instance. Thats an opinion. But those figures aren't opinions, they are facts, and show how little in relative terms the club was worth at the time.

My point - to go further - is that if you have first hand experience of something, and back it up with factual information, it must be pretty much correct ?

The factual information is obviously correct by definition, but anything based on your "first hand experience of something" is still just interpretation of those facts and opinion.

Try this:

Under Shepherds sole charge the vast majority of our league finishes were well below halfway in the league, we were a poor, struggling team, nearer relegation than qualifying for Europe and with mounting debt.

Try this:

Under Shepherds sole charge the vast majority of our league finishes were well below halfway in the league, we were a poor, struggling team, nearer relegation than qualifying for Europe and with mounting debt.

Just making sure that what you have said there is (even more) clear  O0

Try this:

except that someone with around 30% of the shares is never in sole charge ? Correct or not ?

Try this:

except that someone with around 30% of the shares is never in sole charge ? Correct or not ?

You're right, when you bring facts into your statements it does make them harder to argue with.  I guess with only 30% he can't take credit for those European qualifications either.  I'm gutted.

Try this:

You're right, when you bring facts into your statements it does make them harder to argue with.  I guess with only 30% he can't take credit for those European qualifications either.  I'm gutted.

except that I've never claimed he did, I've only corrected those who said he was solely to blame for not being better than the 5th most qualified club for europe in this time .......

I've always said the Halls and Shepherd ran the club for 15 years, which happened to be the best 15 years by far of the last 50.

Ashley is doing just great isn't he.

So are you trying to say that 80% of Shepherd's managerial appointments were NOT miserable failures?

Or have you finally decided to accept historical facts but are now blaming these dismal decisions on somebody else?

but you agreed with him [and his other major shareholders], on at least 3 of those managers. 

Try this:

except that I've never claimed he did, I've only corrected those who said he was solely to blame for not being better than the 5th most qualified club for europe in this time .......

I've always said the Halls and Shepherd ran the club for 15 years, which happened to be the best 15 years by far of the last 50.

:lol:

Christ knows how the others kept this going with you for so many years.  It's been fun.  :laugh:

Try this:

:lol:

Christ knows how the others kept this going with you for so many years.  It's been fun.  :laugh:

aye, anybody would think Ashley had came in and shown how a club should really be run