Kinnear all but withdraws his interest in Stephen Carr

Guest johnson293

Guest northwestmag1892

Never had him down as a marmite miner. Billy in with the geordie gay mafia by the sounds of things.

Valuable post, thanks. Really funny too.

Guest northwestmag1892

Never had him down as a marmite miner. Billy in with the geordie gay mafia by the sounds of things.

Valuable post, thanks. Really funny too.

Says the guy with that avatar.

I didn't realise that my avatar authored my posts...

Shame Keegan turned down Zayatte as he looked solid for Hull against Arsenal on Saturday, I'm sure he had a valid reason for turning him down.

don`t think we turned him down? We were  just too busy fannying about deciding whether to sign him or not before Hull nipped in with a concrete offer

Shame Keegan turned down Zayatte as he looked solid for Hull against Arsenal on Saturday, I'm sure he had a valid reason for turning him down.

don`t think we turned him down? We were  just too busy fannying about deciding whether to sign him or not before Hull nipped into sign him with a concrete offer

We had him here for the day training and Keegan said he'd have a word with Wise and Jimenez and let them know what he thinks, 2 days later he's gone down to Hull to sign for them on loan.

If Keegan wanted him he'd of signed him as far as I'm concerned, simple as that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/30/kinnear-defends-giving-nufc-stars-day-off-72703-21929298/

Meanwhile, United have toyed with the idea of trying to bring Stephen Carr back to St James’s Park – because they are desperately short of a right-back.

:doh:  :frantic:  :undecided:

Carr, like Kinnear, is a former Republic of Ireland right-back, and United’s interim manager added today: “We are looking at his position, but a lot will depend on his fitness.

“We are short at both right and left-back, and it is not fair asking young boys who are really central defenders to play there. When that happens they look what they are – central defenders playing as full- backs.

“Stephen Carr is available and he is an experienced full- back, so we will just have to wait and see.”

don`t think we turned him down? We were  just too busy fannying about deciding whether to sign him or not before Hull nipped into sign him with a concrete offer

We had him here for the day training and Keegan said he'd have a word with Wise and Jimenez and let them know what he thinks, 2 days later he's gone down to Hull to sign for them on loan.

If Keegan wanted him he'd of signed him as far as I'm concerned, simple as that.

I'd take the judgement of Moyes and Keegan who both got rid of him over Phil Brown any day.