Favourite non-NUFC player in the Premiership, now and in the past

Syrette

Ashley Young will always be one I would spaff over watching, seeing as I saw him once as a poor man's Anthony McNamee.  mackems.gif

Matt Le Tissier was a bit special in my eyes, too.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't have any real faves now but I admire a few players or like watching them in action.

Past - Le Tissier

If he wasn't a footballer he'd have made a great darts player, or a bus driver or something. He didn't look like a footballer, didn't run like one but my he was gifted with the ball at his feet - a true throwback to playmakers of years gone by. I used to love watching him play because he was magic on the ball. To stay at Southampton all his career despite his immense talent (2J needs to do a vid like) and not change his game despite heavy criticism from the media and pundits told me he was happy just to play football the way he wanted.

Today - Fabregas

There are not many players marked who demand the ball but he does - I love that in a player especially one so talented. I've seen him closely marked, demand the ball, get it, suddenly move about a bit, be in space, play a pass, get marked again, demand it, get it, move about, find space, play it and repeat it all again all so effortlessly. Such a joy to watch on and off the ball. When you watch him you see the vision of Wenger through him and the artistry behind that team. They play the same even when marked tightly, they are always looking to pass and move. Brilliant player.

Henry will always be one of the best players to grace English football, same with Bergkamp. Obvious choices but they're well up there with the likes of Zola. Klinsmann too despite the brevity of his stints in this country.

Cantona was immense as well but whilst he'd make my 'best' list, he'll never be one of my favourites. If I had to go for a Man Utd player past or present, I'd pick Paul Scholes.

Henry will always be one of the best players to grace English football, same with Bergkamp. Obvious choices but they're well up there with the likes of Zola.

Cantona was immense as well but whilst he'd make my 'best' list, he'll never be one of my favourites. If I had to go for a Man Utd player past or present, I'd pick Paul Scholes.

As would I, fantastic player even if he is a dirty little fucker who should have been sent off 15 times in his career. I was always impressed by Klinsmann as well, thought he was excellent.

edit: Recently had a furious argument with a ManU fan about how I thought Scholesy was a better player for them than Eric. Good times!

Guest Howaythetoon

Cantona? Seriously?

Thought he was overrated slightly myself. He was enjoyable to watch when he was in one of those moods and I don't mean as in moody french bastard.