Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

Guest Slippery Sam

I'd love to know just how close Bastian Schweinsteiger was to coming. The reports claim that he was close to signing. If, and it's a big if, he was expected to come, it would point to a high class approach to the transfer window, rather than the ultra cautious 'unknown and cheap' approach which is what the current board are being hit with. Maybe one day we'll find out. Perhaps Keegan agreed to the Milner sale expecting Schweingsteiger coming in ??

As close as the earth is to the moon iyam.

Perhaps. But then didn't Keegan himself allude to a class signing coming in ?? Maybe one day we'll find out the truth (but I wont be holding my breath).

There is another angle to this which hasn't got much mention yet: it could be that Keegan's legal action is just a standby option if the club takes the decision to sue Keegan for walking out. There was a clause in his contract which meant he was liable for £2m if he did that. If that's the case I would definitely back Keegan's position if it is just a standby option.

Baggio is a poor WUM who still has pictures of KK on his wall mark my words. He's told me in the past he likes to play the devils advocate and will be contrary to that effect to get a reaction. Its a shame he doesn't post his real thoughts too often though which is what I and others I imagine would really prefer debating rather than some poor parody of Vic he's assumed in his absence....

Crumpy Gunt seems to have a similar approach but I'm not really too sure if it's too far from what they're really thinking in any case. Personally I don't like either attitude towards Keegan, whether it's belittling his past service to this club (which is massive and unrivalled) or believing he is infallible or incapable of putting himself first before the club.

It's perfectly possible, of course, to give due credit to what he did for the club in the past, whilst acknowledging his faults at the same time. He was the right man for the job in 1992, and the wrong man in 2008.

Funny because he very much felt like the right man for the job as we were thrashing Spurs away 4-1 or drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford.

People seem unable to or willing to concede that while walking out hasn't helped matters which I agree with by the way, the people really at fault are those that caused him to take such action and are therefore the wrong people for this club.

Do you know exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer?

Its simple, you appoint a manager and you back that man 100%. They didn't so are at fault. I don't really care about the details. All I know is a very good manager who had the team going in the right direction and enjoyed the rare unanimous backing of fans (a crucial ingredient here at Newcastle) didn't get the support his position as manager demanded for reasons yes we can only really speculate on but still, have proved very costly for this club.

KK would walk 10 times out of 10 if not backed 100% or if undermined which has obviously happened for him to quit a job no-one can deny he obviously loved doing.

Any manager worth their salt would walk. Fergie would be out the door tomorrow if Man Utd sold Ronaldo behind his back or signed a player without consulting him. Wenger too. Most would.

Regardless of KK walking, the people who run our club haven't done anything that suggests they are the right people for the club, before and since. Prior to KK being apointed, the Ashley enjoyed what I'd call good will from fans which meant he didn't really have to do anything of note to have our support and that's exactly what he did - nothing of note. When he brought KK back it was something of note. It showed ambition and a sense of wanting what we want but he didn't back it up resulting in his moment of glory if you like proving to be nothing but an empty gesture.

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the f*** didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

Btw not backing your manager, the man you appoint, its like us not getting behind the team despite claiming to be fans of the club. Not on.

Very well said and i agree entirely .

This sums up my feelings too.  This 'system' has done fuck all for the club.  I know what KK's done however, as a player and a manager.

Baggio is a poor WUM who still has pictures of KK on his wall mark my words. He's told me in the past he likes to play the devils advocate and will be contrary to that effect to get a reaction. Its a shame he doesn't post his real thoughts too often though which is what I and others I imagine would really prefer debating rather than some poor parody of Vic he's assumed in his absence....

Crumpy Gunt seems to have a similar approach but I'm not really too sure if it's too far from what they're really thinking in any case. Personally I don't like either attitude towards Keegan, whether it's belittling his past service to this club (which is massive and unrivalled) or believing he is infallible or incapable of putting himself first before the club.

It's perfectly possible, of course, to give due credit to what he did for the club in the past, whilst acknowledging his faults at the same time. He was the right man for the job in 1992, and the wrong man in 2008.

Funny because he very much felt like the right man for the job as we were thrashing Spurs away 4-1 or drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford.

People seem unable to or willing to concede that while walking out hasn't helped matters which I agree with by the way, the people really at fault are those that caused him to take such action and are therefore the wrong people for this club.

Do you know exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer?

Its simple, you appoint a manager and you back that man 100%. They didn't so are at fault. I don't really care about the details. All I know is a very good manager who had the team going in the right direction and enjoyed the rare unanimous backing of fans (a crucial ingredient here at Newcastle) didn't get the support his position as manager demanded for reasons yes we can only really speculate on but still, have proved very costly for this club.

KK would walk 10 times out of 10 if not backed 100% or if undermined which has obviously happened for him to quit a job no-one can deny he obviously loved doing.

Any manager worth their salt would walk. Fergie would be out the door tomorrow if Man Utd sold Ronaldo behind his back or signed a player without consulting him. Wenger too. Most would.

Regardless of KK walking, the people who run our club haven't done anything that suggests they are the right people for the club, before and since. Prior to KK being apointed, the Ashley enjoyed what I'd call good will from fans which meant he didn't really have to do anything of note to have our support and that's exactly what he did - nothing of note. When he brought KK back it was something of note. It showed ambition and a sense of wanting what we want but he didn't back it up resulting in his moment of glory if you like proving to be nothing but an empty gesture.

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the f*** didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

Btw not backing your manager, the man you appoint, its like us not getting behind the team despite claiming to be fans of the club. Not on.

Very well said and i agree entirely .

This sums up my feelings too.  This 'system' has done fuck all for the club.  I know what KK's done however, as a player and a manager.

...and what a system..

There is another angle to this which hasn't got much mention yet: it could be that Keegan's legal action is just a standby option if the club takes the decision to sue Keegan for walking out. There was a clause in his contract which meant he was liable for £2m if he did that. If that's the case I would definitely back Keegan's position if it is just a standby option.

I think this is actually the most likely scenario.

If the club would be liable to him for breaching his contract then he should be liable to them as well if he breaks it. In which case he should pay them the 2m.

If the club would be liable to him for breaching his contract then he should be liable to them as well if he breaks it. In which case he should pay them the 2m.

He's hardly going to take that lying down if he feels he wasn't allowed to manage properly. Best all round if KK's allowed to walk away and he drops his claim as well.

Go on KK, no person no matter who they are or what their job should have to just take anythign thrown at them.

IF he does have a case then I hope he wins it!

Do you? You think that Newcastle United losing £9m would be a good thing?

You should support the club, not the ex-manager. Just my opinion though.

Go on KK, no person no matter who they are or what their job should have to just take anythign thrown at them.

i support the ex manager more than the current owner, its called loyalty.

Can't you separate Mike Ashley from Newcastle United?

I'd imagine this money would come out of the club, not Ashley's pocket.

Can't you seperate Mike Ashley from Newcastle United?

no, i m around £300 million short of being able to do that.

Can't you seperate Mike Ashley from Newcastle United?

no, i m around £300 million short of being able to do that.

Note my edit.

I cant speak for anyone else but i'm for the club above any individual. My loyalty is to NUFC and not to an individual especially in a situation where no one knows the facts.

Its these types of loyalties that have held this club back for the last 15 years.

I cant speak for anyone else but i'm for the club above any individual. My loyalty is to NUFC and not to an individual especially in a situation where no one knows the facts.

Its these types of loyalties that have held this club back for the last 15 years.

WRONG!

ita bad managerial appointments(SBR excepted), that have held this club back,

Eh? Examples?

Held the club back from the heady days of nearly dropping into the 3rd?

How does a supporter's loyalty to an ex-manager hold the club back exactly?

Ashley won't pay the £9m, NUFC will.

Still, Milner's sale should cover it easy enough.

Ashley won't pay the £9m, NUFC will.

Still, Milner's sale should cover it easy enough.

Isn't the club now in private ownership?

Personally speaking, if it goes to court I would want the club to win the case. I'd far rather the £9m stayed in Newcastle rather than be used to bail out a soccer circus in Glasgow.

Eh? Examples?

The untouchables, the loyalties and the agendas set the direction of this club more than anything else. Example? Well the most recent one would be Keegan... Do i need to spell out the rest. I take CP82's point at the same time.

As for the last 15 years, i meant since we started the march upwards, we've not quite made that final step to success.

Eh? Examples?

One a smallish scale not allowing the promising Bellamy/Kluivert partnership to grow in order to allow Shearer to get to the goal record?

Eh? Examples?

One a smallish scale not allowing the promising Bellamy/Kluivert partnership to grow in order to allow Shearer to get to the goal record?

Example no. 2.

There are more. 

Eh? Examples?

Example no. 2.

There are more. 

How about refusing to back SBR's judgement in going for Miguel, Portugal's RB and spending £2m on Carr instead? That was a good call wasn't it?

I don't think many have loyalties above the club as a whole tbf. I think all Skirge/cp's point is that where we don't know the facts, one is forced to ask who they trust on gut instinct and past experience alone.

Keegan has surely done much more for this club than Ashley has, and so many retain the view that the former is the one they choose to trust and therefore back. This may seem daft to some, but it doesn't to me.

How about refusing to back SBR's Keegan's judgement in going for Miguel Warnock, Portugal's RB Blackburn's LB and spending £2m on Carr £0m on nobody instead? That was a good call wasn't it?

It's easy this game.

I don't think many have loyalties above the club as a whole tbf. I think all Skirge/cp's point is that where we don't know the facts, one is forced to ask who they trust on gut instinct and past experience alone.

Keegan has surely done much more for this club than Ashley has, and so many retain the view that the former is the one they choose to trust and therefore back. This may seem daft to some, but it doesn't to me.

If Keegan's compensation was going to come out of Ashley's pocket I'd go along with that. As it will come out of Newcastle United's coffers, I'd want the club to win.