Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

Baggio is a poor WUM who still has pictures of KK on his wall mark my words. He's told me in the past he likes to play the devils advocate and will be contrary to that effect to get a reaction. Its a shame he doesn't post his real thoughts too often though which is what I and others I imagine would really prefer debating rather than some poor parody of Vic he's assumed in his absence....

Crumpy Gunt seems to have a similar approach but I'm not really too sure if it's too far from what they're really thinking in any case. Personally I don't like either attitude towards Keegan, whether it's belittling his past service to this club (which is massive and unrivalled) or believing he is infallible or incapable of putting himself first before the club.

It's perfectly possible, of course, to give due credit to what he did for the club in the past, whilst acknowledging his faults at the same time. He was the right man for the job in 1992, and the wrong man in 2008.

Guest Howaythetoon

Baggio is a poor WUM who still has pictures of KK on his wall mark my words. He's told me in the past he likes to play the devils advocate and will be contrary to that effect to get a reaction. Its a shame he doesn't post his real thoughts too often though which is what I and others I imagine would really prefer debating rather than some poor parody of Vic he's assumed in his absence....

Crumpy Gunt seems to have a similar approach but I'm not really too sure if it's too far from what they're really thinking in any case. Personally I don't like either attitude towards Keegan, whether it's belittling his past service to this club (which is massive and unrivalled) or believing he is infallible or incapable of putting himself first before the club.

It's perfectly possible, of course, to give due credit to what he did for the club in the past, whilst acknowledging his faults at the same time. He was the right man for the job in 1992, and the wrong man in 2008.

Funny because he very much felt like the right man for the job as we were thrashing Spurs away 4-1 or drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford.

People seem unable to or willing to concede that while walking out hasn't helped matters which I agree with by the way, the people really at fault are those that caused him to take such action and are therefore the wrong people for this club.

.com

Various sources are reporting that Kevin Keegan intends to sue NUFC for unfair dismissal, which would see him claim payment for the remainder of his three and a half year contract.

We think the £9m is no more than a guestimate based on conjecture about his salary level, as £9m would be an unprecedented figure for an employment tribunal.

It became clear very early on that Keegan would pursue some sort of financial settlement, although it was initially reported that he had resigned.

Both sides immediately came out and reported that Keegan had neither resigned nor been sacked as lawyers started squaring up ahead of a possible legal battle.

Rumours of KK's financial predicament suggested that he could not afford to walk away and there were also tales of £2m compensation clauses in his contract should he ever resign.

The cynical side of us can't help wonder what part finance played in all of the September saga that plumbed new depths for this club.

Keegan has always been viewed as a man of principle but there aren't many whose principles aren't swayed by the colour of money....

Given that the court case could take months and years to sort out, it looks like the club and new owners, not Mike Ashley, would be picking up the tab should Keegan be successful.

Funny because he very much felt like the right man for the job as we were thrashing Spurs away 4-1 or drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford.

People seem unable to or willing to concede that while walking out hasn't helped matters which I agree with by the way, the people really at fault are those that caused him to take such action and are therefore the wrong people for this club.

Do you know exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer?

It's not necessarily the case that he's the wrong man for 2008 as long as he sticks to his strengths, which are motivation and first team leadership. Buying and selling players needs to be done within the club's budget and that's never really been Keegan's forte unless he is allowed to spend pretty generously. Someone's obviously moved the goalposts somewhere here and I don't think either party is blameless for that.

I said something like that the other day, Dave. Great minds eh...

It's certainly not all NE5's fault, but it does seem rather strange that he only ever seems to turn up in these kind of bullshit 'arguments'. If he's nothing new or worthwhile to say, he should say nothing at all.

Oh I know, certainly not all his fault, one or two others are just as bad really. He's the one with the 'catchphrases' though.

to be honest my argument with NE5 has just hit the point where we are just saying the same things over and over again to each other.

at least me and the ignorant git haven't reached the petty insult stage yet.

Think you jusyt have  :iamatwat:

Guest Howaythetoon

Its simple, you appoint a manager and you back that man 100%. They didn't so are at fault. I don't really care about the details. All I know is a very good manager who had the team going in the right direction and enjoyed the rare unanimous backing of fans (a crucial ingredient here at Newcastle) didn't get the support his position as manager demanded for reasons yes we can only really speculate on but still, have proved very costly for this club.

KK would walk 10 times out of 10 if not backed 100% or if undermined which has obviously happened for him to quit a job no-one can deny he obviously loved doing.

Any manager worth their salt would walk. Fergie would be out the door tomorrow if Man Utd sold Ronaldo behind his back or signed a player without consulting him. Wenger too. Most would.

Regardless of KK walking, the people who run our club haven't done anything that suggests they are the right people for the club, before and since. Prior to KK being apointed, the Ashley enjoyed what I'd call good will from fans which meant he didn't really have to do anything of note to have our support and that's exactly what he did - nothing of note. When he brought KK back it was something of note. It showed ambition and a sense of wanting what we want but he didn't back it up resulting in his moment of glory if you like proving to be nothing but an empty gesture.

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the fuck didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

Btw not backing your manager, the man you appoint, its like us not getting behind the team despite claiming to be fans of the club. Not on.

Guest Howaythetoon

Buying and selling players needs to be done within the club's budget and that's never really been Keegan's forte unless he is allowed to spend pretty generously.

You don't buy into that surely do you? :lol:

It reads to me that you're trying to convince yourself of this in order to convince yourself that the set-up/system/structure Ashley put in place is the right thing for the club and if that really is the case you've lost it mate. Seriously.

Its simple, you appoint a manager and you back that man 100%. They didn't so are at fault. I don't really care about the details. All I know is a very good manager who had the team going in the right direction and enjoyed the rare unanimous backing of fans (a crucial ingredient here at Newcastle) didn't get the support his position as manager demanded for reasons yes we can only really speculate on but still, have proved very costly for this club.

KK would walk 10 times out of 10 if not backed 100% or if undermined which has obviously happened for him to quit a job no-one can deny he obviously loved doing.

Any manager worth their salt would walk. Fergie would be out the door tomorrow if Man Utd sold Ronaldo behind his back or signed a player without consulting him. Wenger too. Most would.

Regardless of KK walking, the people who run our club haven't done anything that suggests they are the right people for the club, before and since. Prior to KK being apointed, the Ashley enjoyed what I'd call good will from fans which meant he didn't really have to do anything of note to have our support and that's exactly what he did - nothing of note. When he brought KK back it was something of note. It showed ambition and a sense of wanting what we want but he didn't back it up resulting in his moment of glory if you like proving to be nothing but an empty gesture.

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the fuck didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

Btw not backing your manager, the man you appoint, its like us not getting behind the team despite claiming to be fans of the club. Not on.

That's a no then, Midds.

Is that a 'yes, I know exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer' or a 'no, I'm not totally sure' then? :neutral:

Guest Howaythetoon

Buying and selling players needs to be done within the club's budget and that's never really been Keegan's forte unless he is allowed to spend pretty generously.

OK I'll play along. For arguments sake KK can't be trusted with money. You're the owner of Newcastle who do you bring in to identify and sign talent.... why that known talent spotter Dennis Wise, that master property dealer and someone who watches La Liga a fair bit. Bingo - the dream team. :lol:

Dennis Wise couldn't spot a gem in a fucking jewelers shop.

Either way Tron, Ashley fucked up and if you don't trust KK, how the hell you can trust Ashley who put Wise in charge of finding talent I do not know.

I would check the date on your cornflakes if I were you.

The funny thing is people praised Gullit for walking away with nothing and slaughtered both Souness and Allardyce for hanging around for massive pay offs, but because it's Keegan they think he should take the club for every penny he can get.

Laughable.

The funny thing is people praised Gullit for walking away with nothing and slaughtered both Souness and Allardyce for hanging around for massive pay offs, but because it's Keegan they think he should take the club for every penny he can get.

I think most people thought Bobby should of got his cash as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the f*** didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

Is that a 'yes, I know exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer' or a 'no, I'm not totally sure' then? :neutral:

I know KK wasn't fully backed and was undermined which is a damned sight more information than those defending Ashley are basing their views on now that the debt thing has been cleared up.

Oh and for the record, I do know Milner was sold despite assurances he wouldn't be. Assurances Ashley himself made when he said KK had final say on all matters relating to transfers in and out and that no player would be sold or bought without his say so.

Wake up people man FFS.

The thing that baffles me is the fact that some people can mouth off and back Keegan 100% whilst freely admitting that they don't have a clue what actually happened this summer.  :crazy2:

I just can't see how you can be soooo sure about one thing whilst admitting you're not sure what the facts actually are. It just doesn't compute. If people don't like it, then tough shit.

I'll not blindly back Keegan simply because he's called Kevin Keegan. I need a bit more than that if you don't mind. :neutral:

If Ashley were the right man for this club he'd have resolved this a long time ago now and KK would still be our manager. All KK asked for was to be backed which I think he had a damn right to not only expect but demand as the manager, a good manager, proving himself out on the pitch where it matters. For whatever reason which I have said I don't really care about (the details), Ashley did not support the man he appointed 100% and I find that incomprehensible especially factoring the total none entities that survived. As far as I'm concerned if he rates Wise more important to his club than KK then why the f*** didn't he make Wise manager before he went for KK. The answer, he doesn't have a clue. Stick to selling cheap clobber Mike.

I know KK wasn't fully backed and was undermined which is a damned sight more information than those defending Ashley are basing their views on now that the debt thing has been cleared up.

Oh and for the record, I do know Milner was sold despite assurances he wouldn't be. Assurances Ashley himself made when he said KK had final say on all matters relating to transfers in and out and that no player would be sold or bought without his say so.

Wake up people man FFS.

That's not what I asked. I asked if you knew, for certain, exactly what happened behind the scenes at NUFC this summer. A simple 'yes' or 'no' will do.

Spare me the lectures mate.  :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I love how Baggio quotes the .com write-up to back up the KK is skint line yet surely if he was skint he'd never have resigned in the first place, leaving that multi-million pound a year salary behind. He can't fucking win. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Wake up people man FFS.

Why did Keegan say a few days before the end of the window he'd given the go ahead for him to leave then?

OK I'll play along. For arguments sake KK can't be trusted with money. You're the owner of Newcastle who do you bring in to identify and sign talent.... why that known talent spotter Dennis Wise, that master property dealer and someone who watches La Liga a fair bit. Bingo - the dream team. :lol:

Dennis Wise couldn't spot a gem in a fucking jewelers shop.

Either way Tron, Ashley fucked up and if you don't trust KK, how the hell you can trust Ashley who put Wise in charge of finding talent I do not know.

I would check the date on your cornflakes if I were you.

If I was an employer (which I am as it happens) the last person I would want in my organisation is an employee who refused to work within the blueprint of his company, walks away, then sues for dismissal.