The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I'm too much of an optimist. I'm trying to convince myself that the reason we haven't been linked with anyone I'd want us to sign is the same reason we weren't linked with Jonas or Guthrie before they signed. It'll all end in tears, I just can't help myself!

From The Sun

JOE KINNEAR admits he is struggling to get his transfer plans into gear.

The Newcastle boss is hoping to land at least four new faces as well as having a clearout to raise funds.

But plans to ditch flop Spanish striker Xisco have hit a snag.

FIFA say players can only appear for two teams a season and Xisco has turned out for Deportivo La Coruna and Toon. Kinnear is also struggling to land Barry Ferguson from Rangers.

He said: “Whatever we have tried to do hasn’t come off.

“Things are moving but we’re still waiting for someone to say yes to us.”

Surprise surprise.

I'm even tricking myself into thinking we might engineer a good swap deal, even though I can't think of a deal of the sort that's happened since we got Keith Gillespie in part exchange.

I must admit, I do feel like this transfer window is just going to pass us by.

This might have something to do with how numb I find myself becoming to our situation. I'm generally an optimist but I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel for us yet.

This might have something to do with how numb I find myself becoming to our situation. I'm generally an optimist but I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel for us yet.

Aye, I used to be so fkn positive all the time about everything NUFC but now I just feel sick at the state we are in, I do not think Ashley has any intentions at all of spending any money on players, we will get the usual bollocks of how hard they tried and how they only wanted to sign the best and right players for the club. I hated Fat Fred with a passion but at least he had a passion, Ashley is a fat lying bastard and is killing this club.

Aye, I used to be so fkn positive all the time about everything NUFC but now I just feel sick at the state we are in, I do not think Ashley has any intentions at all of spending any money on players, we will get the usual bollocks of how hard they tried and how they only wanted to sign the best and right players for the club. I hated Fat Fred with a passion but at least he had a passion, Ashley is a fat lying bastard and is killing this club.

fkn hell, if you can't hack it what the fk are we all going to do?

Mido's a twat but he's a proper forward who will score goals given the service. Smith is just a human dodgem car, running about in random directions bumping into players and falling down.

Yeah I agree with both of you. Numb is definitely the word. Sick of this club being such a joke, sick as hell...

I have a good feelign about this window. Please don't ask me why, but I just do somehow.

I think we will be surprised.

You know something the rest of us dont?

Are we signing KAKA?!!!

Behave yourself.

I just think we'll wheel and deal and end up with some very promising players at the end of the day.

The likes of PSG's Sakho and Toulousse's Sissoko who we were linked with at the beginning of the window.

Aye, I used to be so fkn positive all the time about everything NUFC but now I just feel sick at the state we are in, I do not think Ashley has any intentions at all of spending any money on players, we will get the usual bollocks of how hard they tried and how they only wanted to sign the best and right players for the club. I hated Fat Fred with a passion but at least he had a passion, Ashley is a fat lying b****** and is killing this club.

Yeah I agree with both of you. Numb is definitely the word. Sick of this club being such a joke, sick as hell...

it's getting that way like, hoping for mediocrity at best

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=138437

The departure list is a long one on Tyneside, and if reports are to be believed, Magpies gaffer Joe Kinnear may be set to offload as many as five senior players in order to raise finances for signings in the January transfer window.

The St. James' Park club are yet to receive any significant contribution for transfers from owner Mike Ashley, and Joe Kinnear has been slapped with a sell-before-you-buy directive. With mounting interest in several of his stars, the manager has no choice but to give in to his financial constraints and recoup whatever he can to strengthen a squad plagued by injuries and lack of form.

Shay Given may be set to complete a £12m move to Manchester City, Charles N'Zogbia is at the centre of a £8m tug-of-war between Aston Villa, and Tottenham, while Joey Barton has been linked with a £4m move to Portsmouth, as Geremi's £1m transfer to Turkish club Besiktas looms in the background. The fifth player is thought to be youngster Andy Carroll, after Spaniard Xisco's move back to his homeland was hampered by FA regulations. The grand total, even without Carroll's transfer, equals a reasonable war chest of £25 million.

The question is, who should Kinnear aim to buy? The Newcastle gaffer has been linked with a host of players in the transfer window so far: John-Joe O`Toole (Watford), Michael Kightly (Wolves), Fabian Delph (Leeds), Kevin Dolye (Reading), Stephen Hunt (Reading), Joe Ledley (Cardiff), Kyle Naughton (Sheffield United), Stephen Quinn (Sheffield United), , Paddy Kenny (Sheffield United), Leighton Baines (Everton), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Madjid Bougherra (Rangers), Aiden McGeady (Celtic), Urby Emanuelson (Ajax), Loic Remy (Nice), and Vegard Forren (Molde), among a galaxy of others.

Only time will tell what will happen on Tyneside, but most fans feel that they have been once again betrayed by their owner, and that the sacrifice of several of the club's stars, aside from unsettled Frenchman Charles N'Zogbia, may be unwarranted.