The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Aye right..

http://www.fansfc.com/story/4655.html

Newcastle United keen on Distin reunion

10:00 AM 12 January, 2009

Newcastle United Football Club are keen to take Sylvain Distin this month.

The French defender enjoyed a successful loan spell at St James Park during the 2001/02 season, when he made 28 Premier League appearances.

United were keen to take him on a permanent deal from Paris St Germain that summer, but the player instead opted to sign for Manchester City.

Distin moved to Portsmouth when his contract expired in 2007, but reports are now suggesting the Magpies hope to take the 31-year-old back to Tyneside in a £3million deal this month.

We sign Distin for £3m, stick him next to Bassong and move Colo into Butts positon and we have improved massively with the signing of one cheap player.

Not saying Kinnear would do that though.

Does Colo have much experience playing in midfield? Would seem as if his lack of speed would be an even bigger detriment out there.

Slower than Butt?

I was under the impression he player quite a few games in midfield for Deportivo?

Yeh he hasnt been great at Villa but I think he got off to a pretty poor start with them and lost his place quite quickly. Luke Young has been really good for them and has been filling in for them at left back and doing a really good job which has further limited Shoreys oppurtunities!!

So he'll be full of confidence here!

The bad news.

Shorey is fucking gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

Put it like this. MON prefers to play Luke Young on the wrong side of the pitch, and NRC or Cuellar at RB to avoid playing Shorey. When Freddie Bouma comes back, he'll have even less of a prayer

Please, please, please take him. Actually, if he did go to you, it would make much more sense of the N'Zogbia rumours.

Does Colo have much experience playing in midfield? Would seem as if his lack of speed would be an even bigger detriment out there.

Slower than Butt?

I was under the impression he player quite a few games in midfield for Deportivo?

:lol: I think it'd be a hell of a race.

I've never seen a single Depotivo game in my life, so I can't comment.

Yeh he hasnt been great at Villa but I think he got off to a pretty poor start with them and lost his place quite quickly. Luke Young has been really good for them and has been filling in for them at left back and doing a really good job which has further limited Shoreys oppurtunities!!

The bad news.

Shorey is fucking gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

Put it like this. MON prefers to play Luke Young on the wrong side of the pitch, and NRC or Cuellar at RB to avoid playing Shorey. When Freddie Bouma comes back, he'll have even less of a prayer

Please, please, please take him. Actually, if he did go to you, it would make much more sense of the N'Zogbia rumours.

To be fair,this guy has played for England and therefore cannot be fucking gash......he hasnt performed for Villa,but he's hardly played.Like you say Bouma will be fit soon and Shorey will be further down the pecking order,i think he'd be a good acquisition.If he was fucking gash,why did o'neill buy him in the first place.....he must have watched him.

To be fair,this guy has played for England and therefore cannot be fucking gash......he hasnt performed for Villa,but he's hardly played.Like you say Bouma will be fit soon and Shorey will be further down the pecking order,i think he'd be a good acquisition.If he was fucking gash,why did o'neill buy him in the first place.....he must have watched him.

I'm just going on what I've seen. Also:

Gavin McCann played for England.

MON bought Marlon Harewood.

The bad news.

Shorey is f***ing gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

To be fair,this guy has played for England and therefore cannot be f***ing gash......he hasnt performed for Villa,but he's hardly played.Like you say Bouma will be fit soon and Shorey will be further down the pecking order,i think he'd be a good acquisition.If he was f***ing gash,why did o'neill buy him in the first place.....he must have watched him.

:lol:

but yeah, I agree he's not that bad.. Like I said in another thread, if he's up to the challenge to raise his game here (of all places), then sure - Enrique could do with a little competition

cant believe we havent scouted rodallega, i reckon he looks in the mould of gomis k jones but better

I am not sold on Gomis at all.

Check his record out at http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/bafetimbi-gomis.html

Apart from a streak last season he has done fuck all really in Ligue 1 for the £££'s that were getting bandied about. May be worth £5 million though. The PL may suit him more but atm we should staty well clear.

Enrique comes across as a determined character who would rather prove his worth than shirk away. Shorey would be a good challenge for him to up his game and iron out some of his more obvious weaknesses.

LIKE SIMPLE FUCKING PASSING.

I'm just going on what I've seen. Also:

Gavin McCann played for England.

MON bought Marlon Harewood.

Shorey's just had a bad time thi season....he's been solid enough the last 2.

The bad news.

Shorey is f***ing gash. He's absolutely no physical presence, no pace *whatsoever* and no idea what to do when he does get forward.

He knew enough at Reading to make him have pretty impressive assists stats for a fullback

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

He knew enough at Reading to make him have pretty impressive assists stats for a fullback

I can't go on what he did at Reading, I didn't pay much attention to him there. But I've seen him here, and the general impression has been very, very poor indeed. And it isn't just me, ask any Villa fan.

The bad news.

Assists 07/08

Fabregas 17

Young 14

Barry 10

Kalou 10

Rooney 10

Shorey 9

Bentley 9

Berbatov 9

Elano 9

Nani 9

Wow no Ronaldo on that list but Nani?!

Ok then, how many people shit when they searched for Newcastle United on Newsnow and saw the headlines:

Owen suffers injury blow Sport.co.uk

Owen to miss season Setanta Sports  :kasper:

:lol: