The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

finnan for £1million, pennant for £3million, appiah for free, lovenkrands for free, mido and smith swap, maybe a loan or two...........that would be an impressive "bargain basement" set of transfers tbh. surely even mike ashley would be willing to do that?

I'd accept Finnan, Mido and Lovenkrands.  Appiah has no knees and Pilko has already summed up Pennant.

Shearergol is correct - if we signed eight players on deadline day after a month of inactivity then not one person would be complaining.

Believe me, I'll be the first person to have a moan if Kinnear doesn't get any / enough players in. But there's still plenty of time for him to do so, so quit f***ing greeting already.

Agree in a way but our squad is so so weak, and Ashley's team are supposed to be scouting players all season, and being in the positon we are in i expected some signings by now.

Guest alankhaw

To be honest I don't think we can be too picky when it comes to signing players. We're a club in transition (or turmoil) with a manager who's contract is expiring in the summer. Rumoured top players all want to jump ship too. We have to be realisitc and set our sights lower when signing players. Long gone are the days when we can sign a player of Shearer or Owen's calibre so to be honest we might have to do with stop gap players till we reach the levels that are expected

Why aren't we putting a bid on for Pennant? We could use a right winger

Agree with this.  He is available and therefore we wouldn't have to pay over the odds to convince them to sell.

hakka You cunt! a few pages back your slating me for suggesting pennant on loan, you total stupid cunt! lol

Bolton had a bid of £5m rejected for Bullard a couple of days ago.  Can't see us bidding more than that. 

Anyway, this is a transfer RUMOURS thread, not a random speculation thread yeah?

I was responding to the assertion in the post above mine

Is finnan wise if he failed a medical? Appiah the same injury concerns?

No and no.

Appiah has serious need trouble. If he didn't he'd most likely still be turning out in Turin. Trialling at Tottenham anyway. Christ knows why he'd sign for us over them.

followed by.............

Agree with this.  He is available and therefore we wouldn't have to pay over the odds to convince them to sell.

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Think these players could offer us a lot and they are realistic targets.

Are we already in the championship?  ffs

Did everton say that when they signed Cahill? Did they fuckers.

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Im not saying dont sign anyone from the championship, Im saying those players with Zog gone would be a championship squad. Bullard and Elano both have premiership experience but man city and Fulham dont want them, both of whom are teams we should be competing with this season (not standing man citys new year spending spree). So buying players not good enough for them doesnt make sense to me. Elano has been good for man city, then again mido was for spurs, yes they can afford to replace him with a top drawer player, but until now they havent had the opportunity, and hes done f*** all to make them want to keep him.

Disagree with everything you have said.  Our side minus Zog is a championship one already then by your words.  I believe we need depth to our squad and we need it NOW.  We have some of our better players on long term injuries and only kids who are not good enough yet (if ever) to step in.  Firstly, Fulham don't want rid of Bullard, they said he can go if they can't meet his wage demands. Elano has fallen out of favour with Hughes over personal issues (from what I can see) and he was a dangerous player for them last season.  Plus Man City don't have to settle for keeping Elano as they have so much money they can buy whoever is willing to come for silly wages.  Bit different from the angle of "they aren't good enough for them" that your trying to create.

Mido hasn't been suggested, so again your picking a bad example and trying to pin it on a different set of players with different circumstances.  Also, are you saying you'd prefer to keep what we got instead of adding Elano and Bullard to the mix? - Sorry but I don't see how our current midfield is better than not having Bullard & Elano in it to pick from.

And please, suggest 4 players you think we can sign like I requested.  If your going to criticise my choices at least have the balls to lay your cards on the table.

I already did a long way back in this thread and i stick by it. Bullard has gone on record as saying he will take a cut in wages to stay at Fulham. Elano is not wanted by man city, theyve struggled for goals this season with Jo being slow to settle and still he hasnt featured. My point is to improve the squad, swapping zog for bullard or elano is not imo improving the squad, nor is signing untested players for a potential relegation battle. Im saying id rather keep zog than bring in two lesser players.

If your aware that Bullard has said he is willing to take a pay cut to stay now, why were you making out that the he wasn't good enough for Fulham and they wanted rid? 

You have suggested we get..

"Pennant

Sol Cambell

Crouch

Micah Richards

Risse"

Do you really think that Riise will leave a Champions League side to join a relegation battle? do you also believe that Man City would give up one of their brightest defensive prospects in Micah Richards? Crouch would cost us £12m to £15m and do we really need Sol Campbell? he is 34 now, would rather have Bassong and Coloccini ahead of him.

Your suggested transfers would cost around £40m to £50m if we could even get them as I can't see Crouch or Richards being cheap.

And why do you love Zog so much? yes he is fast, but how many assists and goals is he picking up? - not much.  He is a sulky person who has already gone on record saying he wants out, yet you want to keep him?

are you stupid? if bullard has offered to take a pay cut to stay at Fulham and they still havent offered him a contract what does that tell you?

Campbell would be cover for bassong and colo not a replacement, and certainly better cover than taylor, who i said we should offload for the right price. Risse is warming the bench and I reckon he would do a loan to NUFC to gie himself a chance of a premiership return with another club come the end of the season. Same with pennant. So that leaves crouch and micah richards both who would cost us cash agreed, but i said sell the likes of taylor, and zog(If he doesnt want to be at NUFC he can f*** off, but not to weaken our chances of survival) , and free up the wage bill by getting rid of viduka and co.  plus some cash from ashley and i think its a possibility. And that squad would be far better than the s**** you suggested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/7808769.stm

Have a look at the quotes, Fulham have gone on record saying they don't want him to go unless price is right.  Hardly forcing him out the door as he isn't good enough like you were making out.

Can't see Campbell coming to warm our bench and nor do we need another centre back over getting better cover for full backs. Can't see Riise giving up the chance to fight for a place in the Roma side to join a relegation battle at Newcastle.  Pennant may be a good shout, but that position isn't a priority in my eyes.  Crouch will be out of our budget range and Micah Richards coming here is again out of our budget and fantasy stuff.  Admittedly I'd like Crouch and Richards here, but it's just not realistic is it.

Obviously we disagree, so I see no need for us to continue discussing this.

hakka You cunt! a few pages back your slating me for suggesting pennant on loan, you total stupid cunt! lol

:lol:

Guest elbee909

:lol:

It's like Derek and Clive.  Well, almost.

Is finnan wise if he failed a medical? Appiah the same injury concerns?

No and no.

Appiah has serious need trouble.  If he didn't he'd most likely still be turning out in Turin.  Trialling at Tottenham anyway.  Christ knows why he'd sign for us over them.

Because they have about 10 CMs already whereas we only have 4 (one of which is 34 and really shit) and we're higher up the league - there's 2 reasons for starters.

Hakkas at home now painting his "cockney mafia out, or in depending on the time of day" banner hoping to catch a bandwagon to blackburn tomorrow the CUNT lol

Higher in the League indeed - by a gulf of 3 points.  Not really a reason to sign for one club over another.

Oh and Harry wants a new central midfield.  He doesn't seem to rate the '10 CMs' he has already, or more precisely the 3 (maybe 4) players who could operate in a similar role to what Appiah would offer.  He'd would fit straight into the Tottenham side under Harry, then loose a Knee a few games in.

What people seem to forget, is that although Spurs and Man City are in the relegation troubles like ourselves, they are spending alot of money left, right and centre in trying to sort that problem out - something we don't seem prepared to do.

Players won't sign for teams based on their current league standings, it's all about the future for them. Man City and Spurs seemingly have one, ours is far from assured.

What people seem to forget, is that although Spurs and Man City are in the relegation troubles like ourselves, they are spending alot of money left, right and centre in trying to sort that problem out - something we don't seem prepared to do.

Players won't sign for teams based on their current league standings, it's all about the future for them. Man City and Spurs seemingly have one, ours is far from assured.

On the other hand, Spurs might sign players left right and centre and then get relegated. Splashing the cash doesn't mean survival.

On the other hand, Spurs might sign players left right and centre and then get relegated. Splashing the cash doesn't mean survival.

They also don't have a complete joke of a man for manager for the foreseeable future

But it's a sign of intent and a sign that they're looking to the future. It's not about whether they get relegated or not, it's about convincing player X that they're looking forward, this bottom-half position is temporary and the money they're spending on them shows that. If they get relegated, that player is still there.

We'd have to talk a pretty fucking fantastic talk to get anyone to sign for us atm.

They also don't have a complete joke of a man for manager for the foreseeable future

Debateable

Debateable

True.

"Joke of a man who's completely unqualified to be managing in the Premiership" then.

How much should we pay for a sign of intent then?  £10,000,000?  £15,000,000?

Really can't understand why we can't wait to see who signs and then decided if the right action has been taken to improve the squad depth and quality.

Really can't understand why we can't wait to see who signs and then decided if the right action has been taken to improve the squad depth and quality.

I think it's because we read that line every single transfer window, and we always end up thinking it was a wasted opportunity. It just gets a bit tiresome.

I think it's because we read that line every single transfer window, and we always end up thinking it was a wasted opportunity. It just gets a bit tiresome.

Exactly

Because we do this every transfer window, and the result is always the same.

Why should we wait? We've waited long enough. Every time someone says 'why can't we wait til the end of the window', we do and we're still no further forward. Why don't we just save ourselves two weeks?