The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest fading star

I don't think so, Martins wages aren't that high plus he's a young player so his value will only increase.  Contrary to what some people believe Ashley isn't aiming to sell anyone worth selling and then replace them with Championship players..

What's he on? I thought it was about 40kpw.

Try double. He's on nigh 90.

Did that go through?

“Martins had agreed a new £80,000-a-week contract on Tyneside but the club did not complete the paperwork and the offer has been withdrawn.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1030439/Arsenal-set-make-shock-Martins-Adebayor-sold-pay-Newcastle-15m.html

Guest Heneage

I don't think so, Martins wages aren't that high plus he's a young player so his value will only increase.  Contrary to what some people believe Ashley isn't aiming to sell anyone worth selling and then replace them with Championship players..

:nope:

Serious mate, he's on massive amount one of the clubs top earners.

How would you know for sure?

You make my heart sing.

Guest Heneage

You make my heart sing.

You seem to revel in misery.

I know as I have a concrete source that knows it. Your choice if you want to believe it, he'd no reason to lie he's not a Newcastle fan, but hey I've never been right before.

You make my heart sing.

You seem to revel in misery.

I know as I have a concrete source that knows it. Your choice if you want to believe it, he'd no reason to lie he's not a Newcastle fan, but hey I've never been right before.

Either that or I was quoting a daft line from a song.

Terra’ published Fabio is just awaiting for his passport and will travel to Newcastle on tuesday to deal with the club.

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol/estaduais/2009/interna/0,,OI3470258-EI12402,00-Cruzeirense+Fabio+pode+partir+para+o+Newcastle.html

Free translation  ;D :

One of the most greatest idols of the Cruiser in the present time, the goalkeeper Fábio can do his farewell already in the premiere of the club in the season, in this Sunday, against the Uberlândia, outside of home.  The possible fate of the player is the Newcastle, of the England. 

Fábio barely would await the liberation of his European passport for sign with the club, at present the 14º put in the English Championship.  The player and his businessman, Eduardo Kuperman, already would have passages marked for Tuesday. 

Fábio has contract barely to the end of the year and did not enter in agreement with the direction cruzeirense for renew.  By that, the club can facilitate a lucrative negotiation for the outside.  Renê, of the Barueri, already is being pondered in the Touches of the Vixen for I replaced him. 

Guest pont-toon

this fabio keeper gadgee to sign on tuesday according to this dodgy brazilian website - that'll be Shay offski then

http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebol/estaduais/2009/interna/0,,OI3470258-EI12402,00-Cruzeirense+Fabio+pode+partir+para+o+Newcastle.html

Um dos maiores ídolos do Cruzeiro na atualidade, o goleiro Fábio pode fazer sua despedida já na estréia do clube na temporada, neste domingo, contra o Uberlândia, fora de casa. O possível destino do jogador é o Newcastle, da Inglaterra.

Fábio apenas aguardaria a liberação de seu passaporte europeu para assinar com o clube, atualmente o 14º colocado no Campeonato Inglês. O jogador e seu empresário, Eduardo Kuperman, já teriam passagens marcadas para terça-feira.

Fábio tem contrato apenas até o fim do ano e não entrou em acordo com a direção cruzeirense para renovar. Por isso, o clube pode facilitar uma negociação lucrativa para o exterior. Renê, do Barueri, já está sendo cogitado na Toca da Raposa para substituí-lo.

Brazilians are never suited for goalkeeping.

Even Taffarel was dodgy at times, Dida`s a clown, Gomez has his own prize range.

Julio Cesar is a 98% safety area, has his share of strange decisions too.

Fabio  :lol:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii264/fabioginger/fabio.gif

don't worry. no doubt some 16year old will be on any minute to tell us he watches all brazillian games and fabio is either the best ever or is utter shit.

Terra’ published Fabio is just awaiting for his passport and will travel to Newcastle on tuesday to deal with the club.

Free translation  ;D :

One of the most greatest idols of the Cruiser in the present time, the goalkeeper Fábio can do his farewell already in the premiere of the club in the season, in this Sunday, against the Uberlândia, outside of home.  The possible fate of the player is the Newcastle, of the England. 

Fábio barely would await the liberation of his European passport for sign with the club, at present the 14º put in the English Championship.  The player and his businessman, Eduardo Kuperman, already would have passages marked for Tuesday. 

Fábio has contract barely to the end of the year and did not enter in agreement with the direction cruzeirense for renew.  By that, the club can facilitate a lucrative negotiation for the outside.  Renê, of the Barueri, already is being pondered in the Touches of the Vixen for I replaced him. 

Nearly right!

Guest sicko2ndbest

George Caulkin, Gary Jacob

Steve Harper is close to signing a new three-year contract extension at Newcastle United, the clearest sign yet that the club are paving the way for Shay Given to join Manchester City this week. Given and Michael Kennedy, his solicitor, will have talks with Derek Llambias, the Newcastle managing director, on Tyneside today, when the Ireland international will reiterate his desire to embrace a fresh challenge.

The long-serving Given is a pivotal figure at St James’ Park – a match-saving goalkeeper and hugely popular with supporters – but while Joe Kinnear has spoken of his determination to retain his services, any decision may be removed from the manager’s hands, with City willing to match Newcastle’s £10 million valuation.

The renewed bid, made late last week, to secure the future of Harper, who had originally been offered a contract on reduced terms, is telling. The Irishman’s present deal expires at the end of the season, but with Given’s position in the balance, Newcastle recently rejected Tottenham Hotspur’s £500,000 offer for Harper. Nicky Butt is also on the verge of agreeing a 12-month extension.

Kinnear expects to make a breakthrough in the transfer market today with Albin Ebondo, the 24-year-old French defender, due at Newcastle’s training ground to finalise personal terms and have a medical before his prospective move from Toulouse. Kinnear also claims to have submitted a £5 million bid for an unnamed midfield player.

Times

Kinnear expects to make a breakthrough in the transfer market today with Albin Ebondo, the 24-year-old French defender, due at Newcastle’s training ground to finalise personal terms and have a medical before his prospective move from Toulouse. Kinnear also claims to have submitted a £5 million bid for an unnamed midfield player.

Times

Not holding my breath, but it would be a start if true.

Steve Harper is close to signing a new three-year contract extension at Newcastle United, the clearest sign yet that the club are paving the way for Shay Given to join Manchester City this week. Given and Michael Kennedy, his solicitor, will have talks with Derek Llambias, the Newcastle managing director, on Tyneside today, when the Ireland international will reiterate his desire to embrace a fresh challenge.

The long-serving Given is a pivotal figure at St James’ Park – a match-saving goalkeeper and hugely popular with supporters – but while Joe Kinnear has spoken of his determination to retain his services, any decision may be removed from the manager’s hands, with City willing to match Newcastle’s £10 million valuation.

The renewed bid, made late last week, to secure the future of Harper, who had originally been offered a contract on reduced terms, is telling. The Irishman’s present deal expires at the end of the season, but with Given’s position in the balance, Newcastle recently rejected Tottenham Hotspur’s £500,000 offer for Harper. Nicky Butt is also on the verge of agreeing a 12-month extension.

Times

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

Times

"Hello?"

"May I ask who is calling please?"

"Ok Last week, will he know what your call is regarding?"

"Thank you, I will just put you through now".