The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Butt has a clause in his contract that says he can extend his contract if he plays a certain amount of games this season. Which he has.

What a stupid fucking idea.

Is there enough space to write "good" before "games" on that contract?

'His pseudo seems to have a report with Newcastle of after the research on Google.  His sentence have not too much direction therefore the French of Toonarmy is not can be his bigger quality (can be that his sentence comes from a translation google).  I do nothing but to calculate but the source comes maybe on the other side Sleeve...  '

:doh:

'His pseudo seems to have a report with Newcastle of after the research on Google.  His sentence have not too much direction therefore the French of Toonarmy is not can be his bigger quality (can be that his sentence comes from a translation google).  I do nothing but to calculate but the source comes maybe on the other side Sleeve...  '

:doh:

Have you been on the piss again?

The post above what Greg has posted has a lad/lass who has joined called Toon Army posting "He is going to sign for us tomorrow" the reply according to Google translate is:

First post arm and you tell us his fate! shocking.gif

You're a fool you

TONY ADAMS is set to make a £4million offer for Joey Barton after being assured his Portsmouth job is safe.

Adams is under huge pressure at Fratton Park following a slump in form and their FA Cup defeat to Swansea on Saturday.

He has been considering a move for Newcastle bad-boy Barton for almost a month but was initially deterred from making a bid by Pompey chiefs.

Now, after deciding to keep faith with Adams, club bosses have given him the all-clear.

Owner Sacha Gaydamak and chief executive Peter Storrie are aware how much the sales of Lassana Diarra and Jermain Defoe have weakened the team.

Adams said: “Diarra and Defoe are two very good players. We need to bring in replacements.”

Barton’s earnings of around £45,000 per week could be a problem.

But Adams, who conquered his own demons during his playing days, knows what Barton has been through and feels he will get the best out of the player.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2171249.ece

I do not understand this craze for Ebondo. I will not say it is bad but I do not see its potential and indeed it for several years. His nonchalance exasperates me ...

In terms of its centers, I can not see the same games: / He put a lot of centers in the stands directly! I do not know about you but at this level it is not forgivable! The only thing he has to learn is to focus in offensive position.  Even me, at my level, I do not live ball of the forum is left to say.

After I agree that it imposes but physically see the return walk is encouraging: /

PS: I feel that I will highlight this post as soon as it will benefit some good XDD

Like everyone else I think Ebondo is a very good player, very technical for a back but is handicapped by his nonchalance.

This is part of his nature, and that is why I think it will be hard to become a large, because it is very difficult to changer.Lizarazu (a réféférence to the position) said some time ago that born on the back because it is a position that requires a certain explosiveness and aggression that has been in either and it is difficult to acquire (Mathieu idem). The best example is M'Benqué that despite his young age shows that those qualities 2 players did not. (His attack will come with experience.)

Sounds a bit average.

Shay Given's future at Newcastle is expected to be decided within the next 48 hours and the indications are that the 32-year-old Irish goalkeeper will be leaving St James' Park after 11 and a half years at Newcastle. Steve Harper, No 2 to Given, has been offered a new three-year contract by Newcastle in the past few days and is close to signing it.

It would appear that Harper's signature would pave the way for Given's departure. Given (right) has been the subject of two bids from Manchester City, one of £3m a fortnight ago, and one of £5m a week ago. Newcastle have rejected both, manager Joe Kinnear describing the first bid as "insulting".

City are now preparing another offer, possibly of £7m plus a player – Michael Johnson and Nedum Onuoha have been mentioned as possible makeweights. With Newcastle aware of the depth of Given's disillusion as revealed in the wake of the 5-1 hammering by Liverpool at the end of last month, they are ready to accept the money and provide Kinnear with it to strengthen his team in the transfer market. Some of that may be spent on the 24-year-old Toulouse defender Albin Ebondo.

Depending on the figure agreed with City for Given, Newcastle may also try again to recruit the Rennes midfielder Stéphane Mbia, whom Kinnear called the closest player he has seen to Patrick Vieira. Kinnear suggested that Rennes want double the £5m Newcastle offered 10 days ago.

There is also a belief that Harper's contract deal will be followed by one for Nicky Butt, who was offered an extension in mid-December, along with Michael Owen, and is expected to sign for another 12 months at St James'. Newcastle have so far added only Peter Lovenkrands to a squad Kinnear admits is fragile enough to be relegated.

It is likely that, if Given joins City by Wednesday, both clubs will agree that he will be unavailable that night when City host Newcastle at Eastlands.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-and-speculation-26th-january-1515785.html

I do not understand this craze for Ebondo. I will not say it is bad but I do not see its potential and indeed it for several years. His nonchalance exasperates me ...

In terms of its centers, I can not see the same games: / He put a lot of centers in the stands directly! I do not know about you but at this level it is not forgivable! The only thing he has to learn is to focus in offensive position.  Even me, at my level, I do not live ball of the forum is left to say.

After I agree that it imposes but physically see the return walk is encouraging: /

PS: I feel that I will highlight this post as soon as it will benefit some good XDD

Like everyone else I think Ebondo is a very good player, very technical for a back but is handicapped by his nonchalance.

This is part of his nature, and that is why I think it will be hard to become a large, because it is very difficult to changer.Lizarazu (a réféférence to the position) said some time ago that born on the back because it is a position that requires a certain explosiveness and aggression that has been in either and it is difficult to acquire (Mathieu idem). The best example is M'Benqué that despite his young age shows that those qualities 2 players did not. (His attack will come with experience.)

Sounds a bit average.

Sounds like Habib Beye I thought.

£7m + Johnson + Onuoha and i'd start thinking about it.

Give Harper the number 1 shirt, and we've got £17m to try and spend on the squad. We'd better decide quickly though cos time's running out.

Atleast that way, we're guaranteed to get bodies in this window. If they gave us a straight £15m cash offer, and we accepted, that's all we'd achieve. By February 3rd we'd be £15m better off but one key player down. No one is going to sign for us.

7m + potentially good player is a load of shite. Considering the circumstances we should be asking a lot more.

All we need to think about is the prices for Bellamy, Jong and Bridges, Given makes those players look like horsecrap.

We are talking about an proved, loyal and problem-free player, why would we only get like £7-10m like?

Just sound stupid, even if hes "just" a goalie.

Not just that but the fact that we aren't going to get anyone decent in the next week for 7m and these man city youngsters are hardly going to save us from relegation are they? Given can make the difference against the lesser teams and that is where it's going to matter this season. As you say they are buying for silly prices and I would expect 16m+ before we would listen but even then I don't know if we could get the players in time.