The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

http://www.firenzeviola.it/storage/firenzeviola.it/img_notizie/thumb/12329955921228131234PhotobyGiacomo09.jpg

Will be interesting to see a fight for the curlers between him and Coloccini.

Not black enough :nope:

So we've agreed a fee and now need to convince the player to come here?  Good luck with that one

The lack of faith a good number of people on here have is startling!

We've just today seen a very talented young portuguese midfielder go to bloody Portsmouth under Tony Adams.

Why are you so sure Donadel would be against joingin a team with well known internationals such as Coloccini, Jonas, Owen, Martins, Beye etc.

Come on now stop expecting the worse all the time. It's a bit pathetic.

Could be Mbia was a smoke screen all along.  Put in a £5 million bid you know won't be accepted for Mbia and a £5 million bid for Donadel.  Say you have a bid in for Mbia and when people hear of a £5 million bid for a midfielder later on they assume Mbia and look no further.. genius from Kinnear! :lol:

If we bring in some good players who improve the team he'll get a lot of praise from me.

I think one definite good thing about having Kinnear in charge is that he will be far more open to taking advantage of the scouting system we have in place. Some might say he's a yes man because of it, but I would much rather we use the people in place to recruit players rather than rely on Joe solely.

Could be Mbia was a smoke screen all along.

or more likely either of...........

a) they wanted more than we could offer

b) they wanted more than we thought he was worth

c) he didn't want to move here.

I don't know like, didn't people say at the time that Everton had offered £8 million the season before and it seemed silly to even bother offering £5 million?  Now the offer starts to make sense :D

Guest Heneage

Perhaps he's the midfielder they were on about?

God I hope so, I've just came a little.

That good?  ???

Just what we need, imagine if you will Nicky Butt, with legs i.e. he can run stay up with people and tackle as well as a brain for forward passing not an attacking midfielder, he won't be setting up goals left right centre but he can pass forward and pass well in general. I'd love him here.

Guest pont-toon

hmmm...

http://www.calciomercatonews.com

/dettaglioNewsCategoria.asp?hdnIdCategoria=2&hdnId=16001&from=rssread

So we've agreed a fee and now need to convince the player to come here?  Good luck with that one

The lack of faith a good number of people on here have is startling!

We've just today seen a very talented young portuguese midfielder go to bloody Portsmouth under Tony Adams.

Why are you so sure Donadel would be against joingin a team with well known internationals such as Coloccini, Jonas, Owen, Martins, Beye etc.

Come on now stop expecting the worse all the time. It's a bit pathetic.

hands up from me - i know nowt about him

any good ?

If we bring in some good players who improve the team he'll get a lot of praise from me.

Ditto. I won't know who to praise though, as usual. ;)

I'll praise the people I hate least :)

Vetere? :lol:

I don't know like, didn't people say at the time that Everton had offered £8 million the season before and it seemed silly to even bother offerin £5 million?  Now the offer starts to make sense :D

£5mill may just have been an opening bid and the smokescreen arguement in transfers always seems silly,

Ditto. I won't know who to praise though, as usual. ;)

I'll praise the people I hate least :)

Vetere? :lol:

Sounds good, lets do that, with just a little bit left over for Kinnear.

Guest LucaAltieri

Aye. It's not just that he hasn't made up his mind, the article is worded more like he doesn't really want to make the move.

We'll see, though.

I don't know like, didn't people say at the time that Everton had offered £8 million the season before and it seemed silly to even bother offerin £5 million?  Now the offer starts to make sense :D

£5mill may just have been an opening bid and the smokescreen arguement in transfers always seems silly,

Well it was tongue in cheek, but I'd like to believe it, its a much more interesting scenario then wasting time and effort by offering half what a club want for a player, whatever the reality :)

Have to agree about the constant "smokescreen" stuff during transfer windows. Usually clutching at straws.

I'd agree most of them seem quite unconnected though.  As in "I've heard we wanted him, we got him, smokescreen!".  It just seems strange that Kinnear mentioned the £5 million bid for Mbia and then kept talking about a £5 million bid for a midfielder yet never told anyone that he meant another midfielder for £5 million, there's definitely more logic to it then most smokescreen theories, even if it might be bollocks.