The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

That second link says the story was broken by Violanews.com, but I can't see owt on there?

http://www.violanews.com/news.asp?idnew=30316

The tiny bit at the bottom. It translates to "For Donadel the offer of the Newcastle arrived, 4 million euro: the Florentine one said ok but the gambler for now hesitates."

Talking about a different midfielder we have been linked to arent they?

That second link says the story was broken by Violanews.com, but I can't see owt on there?

http://www.violanews.com/news.asp?idnew=30316

The tiny bit at the bottom. It translates to "For Donadel the offer of the Newcastle arrived, 4 million euro: the Florentine one said ok but the gambler for now hesitates."

written by nostradamus.

is the florentine one the player or the club and is the gambler the player or nufc ?

Guest Heneage

Having read all three articles and translated them (to the best of my knowledge) the last one does say the bids accepted but it doesn't seem a good source. £3.8 seems cheap but they did sell Pazzini for cheap so its not total fallacy.

Guest LucaAltieri

Having read all three articles and translated them (to the best of my knowledge) the last one does say the bids accepted but it doesn't seem a good source. £3.8 seems cheap but they did sell Pazzini for cheap so its not total fallacy.

The majority of Italian clubs don't have a great deal of cash, particularly in over the last few years, from what I understand. With the obvious notable exceptions, of course.

Guest Heneage

The majority of Italian clubs don't have a great deal of cash, particularly in over the last few years, from what I understand. With the obvious notable exceptions, of course.

Yeah true, but I still would be surprised in the current climate of money with Man City for them not to try and squeeze €8m from us. But like I said when you have Pazzini going for as cheap as he does who knows. Time will tell.

I don't think the Man City madness will affect any transfers at the moment unless they are involved. If clubs need the money they will sell for what they think is a fair price, they wont refuse to sell on the basis that Manchester City will pay £15m for a completely different midfielder.

Guest fading star

Now we seem to be signing/linked with players from abroad & not half the Rangers team which JFK took the wrap for, will he get the praise for all these foreign bods?

Good question. To which the club will provide a range of contradictory answers, or none at all.

The advantage to buying little known players from distant shores is hardly anybody knows if they’re any good. Unlike Barry Ferguson who almost everybody knows is a bit shite.

£4m + Enrique for McManus?  :lol:

Teams taking the piss out of each other these days.

No one wants to sell. I understand TBH.

Think they screwed up the title tbh or have back tracked, just says they didnt want enrique, just straight cash 4m upfront.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1128645/Put-shut-Celtic-tell-Newcastle-4m-plus-Enrique-prise-McManus.html?ITO=1490

.......................................................................

Didnt catch this in the article but my italian is very rusty. Vital football said the article says Donadel is expected on tyneside in the next 48 hours, it is an uber optimistic article though.

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=140926

£4m + Enrique for McManus?  :lol:

Teams taking the piss out of each other these days.

No one wants to sell. I understand TBH.

Think they screwed up the title tbh or have back tracked, just says they didnt want enrique, just straight cash 4m upfront.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1128645/Put-shut-Celtic-tell-Newcastle-4m-plus-Enrique-prise-McManus.html?ITO=1490

Off topic, but are we really paying that much on wages for Enrique?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Meanwhile Newcastle hope to ­complete the signing of the £3.5m Toulouse right- back Albin Ebondo and have made an improved offer for a midfielder, believed to be Stéphane Mbia of Rennes

Guardian

Ebondo is on loan till the end of the season with a view to it being permanent and Butt and Harper are signing there contracts today.