The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Why didn't we go for Giles Barnes? I'm confused.

Because we decided to go for Kevin Nolan who was fit and not still adjusting to the league.

think the implication is we could have gone for them both, seeing as ones a loan anyhow

Suppose it would have made sense if we were bringing him in for the wing or up front.

Why didn't we go for Giles Barnes? I'm confused.

Because we decided to go for Kevin Nolan who was fit and not still adjusting to the league.

think the implication is we could have gone for them both, seeing as ones a loan anyhow

Suppose it would have made sense if we were bringing him in for the wing or up front.

exactly, especially with insomnia leaving, stick spiderman left and barnes right, nolan in the centre and we'd have been looking a fucksite better than with geremi or duff playing there

I'm starting to get excited again about our transfers for no reason. Kind of like I was when we pulled Jonas out of the blue in the summer.

Got a feeling that we'll do something completely daft and unexpected before the window closes, like hijack Zaki's loan deal off Wigan.

Or better yet, get a new manager. O0

All this off of Kevin Nolan and Ryan Taylor. I am so easy to please.

Scaringly so..

I'm just waiting to see if we bring anybody else in. Taylor and Nolan aren't bad squad fillers but we've hardly improved the quality of the team pool with Given and Zog leaving. We've still got all the shit useless big wage earners and lost two of our better players.

I'm just waiting to see if we bring anybody else in. Taylor and Nolan aren't bad squad fillers but we've hardly improved the quality of the team pool with Given and Zog leaving. We've still got all the shit useless big wage earners and lost two of our better players.

start adding up the net figures assuming given is sold for what's being talked about plus the 10m ashley was "supposed" to be putting in according to gobshite they'd fuckin better improve the quality the cunts

following a slow start in the market the race is coming to the end and I'm beginning to get excited again following the palava we've had recently, will Ashley be happy? will the books balance? has Joe finally got some names he can pronounce? a win tomorrow against u know who and light will be seen at the end of the tunnel.

Howay the B&W's let's be avin u  where's Delia?

window almost closed. We have signed Nolan and løvenkrands and sounds like taylor is coming in!

tbh....thats not really exciting....it might be what we need....but its for sure not players we would sign a couple of seasons ago.

:undecided:

window almost closed. We have signed Nolan and løvenkrands and sounds like taylor is coming in!

tbh....thats not really exciting....it might be what we need....but its for sure not players we would sign a couple of seasons ago.

were working within our boundaries rather than spending money we haven't got. ala shephard.

Guest johnson293

were working within our boundaries rather than spending money we haven't got. ala shephard.

...And, signing players who seem to want to be here.

...And, signing players who seem to want to be here.

And players that are experienced and not that shit.

really hoping we get at least one more after taylor, I'd consider it a good window if we did, all things considering...

I guess it'll all mean nothing if we fail to stay up, I'll be bricking it from now until the season ends..

I believe we are in the s... coz we just had 4 different managers in short time. Any of them didn´t manage to go very far with their visions (maybe thats good....thinking of roeder, souness, kegan)

But fact is all our recent managers never tried to have their "own" squad...none of them build anything!

2 reasons for our situation is:

1 really really poor managers....which is shepards and ashleys fault! 3-4 bad managers in a row is doomed

2 the club has overspend.....we are paying now!

How can it be so hard to find a rather young and promising manager to do the job the next 3-4 years! develop an attractive concept and stick by it....players would come here again if they can see our vision, concept and stability.

Pretty confident we will get at least one more after Taylor.

Kinnear has eluded to an experienced CB being close to coming not that Kinnear seems to have much more of a clue than we do, he expects at least one more anyways.

The Veloso/Mbia bids will be ones maybe we arent expecting that might come off.

Hopefully we will be looking at getting a striker in too, quite how we look to be coming out of the window without getting our priority in a LB who knows. I think it will actually be an exciting finish to the window though.

I think Geremi will still follow Given and N'Zog out.

CM, Defender and Striker would be fantastic if we can pull it off.

Kinnear has eluded to an experienced CB being close to coming not that Kinnear seems to have much more of a clue than we do, he expects at least one more anyways.

Hopefully we will be looking at getting a striker in too, quite how we look to be coming out of the window without getting our priority in a LB who knows. I think it will actually be an exciting finish to the window though.

If that happens it will have been a tremendous Jan window...provided they are of the right quality of course.

If that happens it will have been a tremendous Jan window...provided they are of the right quality of course.

IE not Lee Naylor, Nigel Quashie and Kris Boyd.

Who would you realistically be happy with if those were the three we got in?

Outside of centre mids(Mbia, Veloso, Johnson, Gelson) I cannot see who we could/should/will get in!