The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Schools's out!

So I can watch the developments :cheesy:

I'm in work today, but I'm going to spend all day with my finger on the refresh button.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Schools's out!

So I can watch the developments :cheesy:

I wish work was out...! all thou i am pissing about on here like...!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mike Ashley Emailed Criag saying he would get the bacon rolls ready but as theres a credit crunch he'll have to charge him :)

David Craig

No Bent, No Hyypia

Zog in north west

one unknown striker, one centre half

these deals aieeeeeeeeeee

Sibierski and Boumsong!

Ye, we are doing a Spuds!

Would have liked another central midfielder but if those deals go through along with Taylor as expected its not been the worst transfer window.

It depends who they are.

From the way Kinnear was saying they're big enough signings i'd expect them to be around the Nolan level.  Not too expensive average pro's.

I don't expect anything more than disappointment today, with nothing coming in of note that's going to spark us into life.

Newcastle United are racing against time to sign Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon for a fee close to £11 million, according to The Sun.

Joe Kinnear has already stated that the club hopes to bring in at least two new faces to St. James' Park, and he was quick to state that Veloso was in fact a target.

Speaking to reporters after the game against Sunderland, Kinnear said: 'He is [definitely] a realistic target.'

The Magpies will hope to tie-up the deal as early as possible, and if both clubs agree a fee, Sporting's midfield ace could be headed for the Toon in the next few hours.

The Sun also estimates that a central defender is on the way for the Magpies, although, no names were mentioned.

The news comes after Kinnear publicly conceded defeat at the hands of Liverpool in his attempts to capture highly-rated veteran centre-back Sami Hyypia.

Newcastle United are racing against time to sign Miguel Veloso from Sporting Lisbon for a fee close to £11 million, according to The Sun.

Joe Kinnear has already stated that the club hopes to bring in at least two new faces to St. James' Park, and he was quick to state that Veloso was in fact a target.

Speaking to reporters after the game against Sunderland, Kinnear said: 'He is [definitely] a realistic target.'

The Magpies will hope to tie-up the deal as early as possible, and if both clubs agree a fee, Sporting's midfield ace could be headed for the Toon in the next few hours.

The Sun also estimates that a central defender is on the way for the Magpies, although, no names were mentioned.

The news comes after Kinnear publicly conceded defeat at the hands of Liverpool in his attempts to capture highly-rated veteran centre-back Sami Hyypia.

If this happens :o

I refuse to believe it, or even get my hopes up about it.

Daniel Fox sounds more like it.