The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Daniel Fox and Ryan Taylor coming in. Can't see us going for another striker to be honest with Martins and Smith coming back. Would be reasonably happy with the window as a whole if that happenss.

I imagine we may also have someone lined up, conditional on if Zog goes. Veloso maybe, but can't see us signing him unless Zog goes.

Distin would be an immense signing, although since Bassong should be untouchable, can't see JFK dropping Colo - although if its true that he can play at DM (never seen him myself - I suspect a lot of this comes from Football Manager!) then might make sense.

Well a new back four of

Ryan Taylor    Bassong   Distin    Fox   looks half decent

Think we could get away with a 3-4-3 formation if we get the players in we think

Harper

Bassong     Distin         Colo

Velosso

Taylor                                   Fox

Nolan

Martins     Owen\Carrol\Ameobi      Jonas

Taylor and Fox can tuck back in when we loose the ball and if both are dangerous from set pieces then that's one area we've been sorely lacking

Also Jonas in a free role behind the front 2

Suicidal patching together a completely different back four with a new goalkeeper.

Daniel Fox and Ryan Taylor coming in. Can't see us going for another striker to be honest with Martins and Smith coming back. Would be reasonably happy with the window as a whole if that happenss.

I imagine we may also have someone lined up, conditional on if Zog goes. Veloso maybe, but can't see us signing him unless Zog goes.

Distin would be an immense signing, although since Bassong should be untouchable, can't see JFK dropping Colo - although if its true that he can play at DM (never seen him myself - I suspect a lot of this comes from Football Manager!) then might make sense.

Well a new back four of

Think we could get away with a 3-4-3 formation if we get the players in we think

Harper

Velosso

Nolan

Taylor and Fox can tuck back in when we loose the ball and if both are dangerous from set pieces then that's one area we've been sorely lacking

Suicidal patching together a completely different back four with a new goalkeeper.

Back 3 to be fair   :coolsmiley:

Well a new back four of

Harper

Velosso

Nolan

Can't believe you are going on about 3-4-3 formations.

I think we need to keep things relatively simple the rest of the way with a solid 4-4-2 featuring some good players.

Charles must be expecting AC Milan, Real Madrid, or Lyon to make a transfer deadline swoop for his services.

Get over it Charlie. It's 3am and you're going home with the fat bird.

Who you just met in the taxi rank!  :smitten:

Charles must be expecting AC Milan, Real Madrid, or Lyon to make a transfer deadline swoop for his services.

Get over it Charlie. It's 3am and you're going home with the fat bird.

:lol:

The new Bernard TBH, "I'm looking to move to a massive club"....

3 weeks later...

"Ah, no bids? Wigan it is then."

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Darren Bent has already been dismissed by David Craig this morning btw.

I think we are in for a very exciting end to the window, which will be great for us all.

lb, cb, cm and a striker and we are in very good shape.

Dream on

Well a new back four of

Harper

Velosso

Nolan

Can't believe you are going on about 3-4-3 formations.

I think we need to keep things relatively simple the rest of the way with a solid 4-4-2 featuring some good players.

Think that would work for us, we need to come out of our comfort zone and get some movement going on instead of being so fucking predictable it's untrue.

I hate all this. Every fucking time it gets my hopes up for no rational reason.

Same here, it's 9:45 and I'm in work with 10 IE windown open and have probably posted more on here already today that the last two weeks!  ;D

"Ryan Taylor has been here for the last two days. He can play both full- back positions, wide positions and is a good player. I’ll be disappointed if that falls through because we can’t agree a deal for Charlie."

I'll be disappointed too.

Daniel Fox

Ebondo

Veloso

Gomis

:celb1:

That would constitute a major overhaul of the first team and squad. Can't see us making that many changes without a number of departures.

Guess there'll be some departures then.  :)

I'm still hopeful of Alan Smith leaving.

Geremi maybe.

Duff hopefully.

Time for positive thinking Dave don't ruin this.  :aww: