The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest Jawesome

Urby Emmanuelson rumoured to be coming to us according to a Dutch site

Please no. Very overrated.

I'd rather have over-rated than plain shite.

Guest Heneage

I was going to say, while I've not seen him regularly he was never a cut above and the fact no big teams took a gamble on him seemed to speak volumes.

I was going to say, while I've not seen him regularly he was never a cut above and the fact no big teams took a gamble on him seemed to speak volumes.

I'm pretty sure he's good enough for us though.

So he's not the best in the world?

He'll be solid competition for Enrique.

I'd rather have over-rated than plain s****.

I was being nice. Plain shit is exactly what you get from him most of the time. He certainly isn't a left back..

Guest Jawesome

I was being nice. Plain shit is exactly what you get from him most of the time. He certainly isn't a left back..

Aah right!  I've only seen him a couple of times for Holland, never for Ajax though.

I was being nice. Plain s*** is exactly what you get from him most of the time. He certainly isn't a left back..

Aah right!  I've only seen him a couple of times for Holland, never for Ajax though.

He's a lot like N'Zogbia actually, when I think about it. He was promising when he first came on the scene, and has been very inconsistent since. His managers thought they could transform him to a good wing back, but he has been very, and I mean very, suspect defensively. This season he has been in slightly better form playing on the wing. As for Newcastle, I would prefer to keep N'Zogbia or play Jonas on the left and get somebody for the right wing. Urby Emmanuelson will not come cheap, and will not be worth the money, especially if we attract him for competition for the left back position, where he is hidious..

I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought him in and moved Owen on in January.

Gomis has been gash this year, apart from that late flurry of goals last season has ever been good? He was awful for France at the Euro's.

Scored a nice goal at the weekend but he squandered (sp) too many chances for my liking

Gomis has been gash this year, apart from that late flurry of goals last season has ever been good? He was awful for France at the Euro's.

Scored a nice goal at the weekend but he squandered (sp) too many chances for my liking

Are St E doing better now the chuckle brothers (Perrin & Comolli) are running the show.

He only made 2 sub appearances at the Euro's playing a total of 45 minutes, not sure what you were expecting.

His league form hasn't been great this year which is why we stand a chance of getting him, I wouldn't turn Santa Cruz down because of his poor league form this season either, both playing in poor teams and their form has suffered because of it.

Are St E doing better now the chuckle brothers (Perrin & Comolli) are running the show.

I've no idea, I just caught some French football highlights this afternoon :lol: