The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I do hope the bid got accepted.  This is a very important transfer because I could see that will complete our defense line setup.  Taylor probably will be cover for CB and RB while Sakho will be cover for CB and LB, with Enrique - Bassong - Coloccini - Beye be our starting lineup.  What a dream.

I do hope the bid got accepted.  This is a very important transfer because I could see that will complete our defense line setup.  Taylor probably will be cover for CB and RB while Sakho will be cover for CB and LB, with Enrique - Bassong - Coloccini - Beye be our starting lineup.  What a dream.

Pointed out your obvious mistakes if we bring in someone else who can play at LB.

Pointed out your obvious mistakes if we bring in someone else who can play at LB.

Like Sakho ;)

Like Sakho ;)

Which was kind of my point, just didn't write "sakho" :pow:

Like Sakho ;)

Which was kind of my point, just didn't write "sakho" :pow:

Sorry you were too cryptic for me :p

If we are buying sakho I see no reason why he won't take enriques place. Would addto our french contingent also, which are all fairly young. :)

Kinnear told The Times today:

“We are miles apart on prices,” “We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.”

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/12/25/transfer-news/kinnear-%e2%80%93-we%e2%80%99re-miles-apart-on-transfer-prices/

Could be talking about Sissoko, I read an article the other day (L'Equipe possibly) where it said we were one of a few clubs being put off by the £10 million+ price tag.

Guest Heneage

I hope we get in some central midfielders, thats were we really lack players imo.

Lucho Gonzalez would be great....can play several positons, box to box and scores goals......not going to happen of course especially as we`re not bidding more than 6m for anyone.

Good shout, could push for captain as well, if you want a driving midfielder Lucho's the man.

nited’s manager claims to have spoken to “four people” about his January transfer targets – a centre-half, a left-back and a central midfielder – but already the Magpies are discovering that, credit crunch or not, Premier League prices remain immune to reality. With West Ham’s owner having lost his fortune in Icelandic banks, their early-season shirt sponsor having gone into liquidation, an eight-figure compensation package due to Sheffield United for the 2006-07 Carlos Tevez affair and a relegation battle looming, Upton Park ought to be the chief destination to look for cut-price footballers.

But with a host of other clubs also interested in Upson, who has cemented his place in the England squad this season and is now pushing for a regular starting berth, West Ham are asking a high price.

Newcastle are thought to have offered in the region of £5m-£6m for the 29-year-old but the Hammers are believed to be holding out for nearer double that.

The Londoners may eventually have to lower their price if all Upson’s suitors stand firm, but the early indications are that Kinnear may need his executive director (football) Dennis Wise to explore other alternatives. Spanish international Juanito has been mentioned in some quarters, but the 32-year-old’s agent says he is not one of the four people Kinnear has contacted.

His client is out of contract at Real Betis at the end of the season but Tente Sanchez seems determined to give the La Liga club first option.

“Absolutely nothing has come to me,” he said in Diario de Sevilla of the rumours. “If something comes, they will have to talk with Betis because he has a contract with them until June. We are not going to arrive

at any agreement with anybody else until things are sorted out with Betis.

“If this doesn’t happen, other possibilities will be opened up. If someone wants him now, they have it relatively easy – they have to talk with Betis.” One player Kinnear is not understood to be interested in is Stephen Warnock. The Blackburn Rovers defender is a long-time Newcastle target but while the club is certainly in the market for a left-back, the former Liverpool trainee is unlikely to be the man they turn to.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/26/kinnear-joins-list-of-upson-suitors-61634-22552507/

Found this funny in The Journal:

SAM Allardyce was unaffectionately known as Jabba the Hutt by some disgruntled players during his unsuccessful spell as manager of Newcastle United, but Ricky Sbragia thought he was more like Shrek.

We are miles apart on prices, We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2008/12/25/transfer-news/kinnear-%e2%80%93-we%e2%80%99re-miles-apart-on-transfer-prices/

why can't he just shut his fucking mouth?  :angry:

What's wrong with that like?

What's right with it like?

Letting people know we won't overpay for players? :dontknow:

“We are miles apart on prices,” “We have offered around £5M or £6M and people are saying they want £10 or £12M.”

why can't he just shut his fucking mouth?  :angry:

What's wrong with that like?

What's right with it like?

Letting people know we won't overpay for players? :dontknow:

Or letting them know how much we are willing to spend gives them an idea of our budget.  bluerazz.gif