The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Plays on the left or right. 

Is he naturally right-footed or left? I always prefer a wide man to be playing on his natural side so he doesn't have to cut back to get a cross in.

Talksport reckon we are signing McGeady,Ferguson and Bougherra this week.

Let the good times roll.

Isn't MccGeady another left winger? I would think we have enough of those.

Aye but he's better than both the zog & duff imo, Also he can play on the right..

Would be really happy if we got him, A big improvement on what we have.

Let the good times roll.

Aye but he's better than both the zog & duff imo, Also he can play on the right..

He's definitely left-footed. At least we won't feel the loss of Zog if it's true, which I'm a bit dubious of. McGeady's price tag is around £12m so I don't see how that ties in with Joe's sell to buy claims.

Let the good times roll.

He's definitely left-footed. At least we won't feel the loss of Zog if it's true, which I'm a bit dubious of. McGeady's price tag is around £12m so I don't see how that ties in with Joe's sell to buy claims.

Well it was 12 mill last season but he's had a big and nasty falling out with Strachan and maybe they just want him off the books.

Im a massive rangers fan as well as the toon and don't fancy McGeady one bit.

He is left-footed and plays left wing for Septic, but he fancies himself as an attacking central midfielder.

It is due to Strachan refusing to play him in the middle that has caused much of the rifts between them.

He is pacey enough but doesnt have half the tricks the media portray, always went missing in Old Firms too! (Although that was when Hutton was marking him!)

Does deliver a decent cross though, for 5 or 6 mil I could live with it, but anything over that would be robbery of boumsong levels!

Bougherra is a decent defender with good airial prowess and very quick on the ground along with being a good footballer, however I fear if he came here he would get caught out making too many mistakes, can be caught ball-watching a bit and has cost rangers goals this season.

The fergie link baffles me, he's the club captain, openly admits in his book that he regrets the blackburn move loves rangers and would never leave again!

Add to that the fact he is a 30 year old trying to get back to fitness after a rough injury, has no pace anymore and isn't even standing out for gers!

If we are to go up north in this window, the best we could get is McGreagor if Shay moves on, awesome keeper!

im very pessimistic about this window!

Ashley wont spend 10-15 mill. and that is what we need.....3 players were 2 of them are young central midfielders with potential.

the link with the trio from rangers sounds absolutely idiotic. none of them will make a different!

not sure we will come out stronger after the window close! do we have the worst scouts in the world......barry ferguson.....what a laugh mackems.gif

Guest sondre

I'm wishing we could just splash some on Delph. Him alone would do for me this window, at least we would get some young massive talent for the long run instead of some overrated Scots who will never cut it in the EPL.

instead of trying to buy players like b. ferguson we should look for younger players with potential. being a dane i follow the danish league (know its not that great)...but there are talents there way younger and....unproven at his level. i know. But i still believe its better to pay 4-5 millions for players with the potential instead of spending on players like ferguson which doesn´t get any better. ferguson for example will demand fairly high wage and ask for at least 3-4 years deal which mean he will become another not needed player in 1 years time like....cacapa, viduka etc.

adigun salami (Fc Midtjylland) is a very promising def. central midfielder! we should buy now.....we would never lose that much money if he dosen´t succeed...like on ferguson!

michael jacobsen (aab) can play Lb and Cb like bassong. would cost between 3-4 mill tops! Not sure how far his talent goes but will be a decent back up which might turn out to be a really good player!

Zanka jørgensen (fck) young dansih player of the year (cb)

why dont try to sign players like this....ashley dont want to spend big! But these kind of players are what we should go for instead of ferguson.

They should be bought as back ups so they have a year or so to adjust and develop!

instead of trying to buy players like b. ferguson we should look for younger players with potential. being a dane i follow the danish league (know its not that great)...but there are talents there way younger and....unproven at his level. i know. But i still believe its better to pay 4-5 millions for players with the potential instead of spending on players like ferguson which doesn´t get any better. ferguson for example will demand fairly high wage and ask for at least 3-4 years deal which mean he will become another not needed player in 1 years time like....cacapa, viduka etc.

adigun salami (Fc Midtjylland) is a very promising def. central midfielder! we should buy now.....we would never lose that much money if he dosen´t succeed...like on ferguson!

michael jacobsen (aab) can play Lb and Cb like bassong. would cost between 3-4 mill tops! Not sure how far his talent goes but will be a decent back up which might turn out to be a really good player!

why dont try to sign players like this....ashley dont want to spend big! But these kind of players are what we should go for instead of ferguson.

They should be bought as back ups so they have a year or so to adjust and develop!

That makes far more sense than  buying over-priced Scottish and championship players. I'll bet we could pick up decent full backs from Scandinavia who would be more than useful cover.

That makes far more sense than  buying over-priced Scottish and championship players. I'll bet we could pick up decent full backs from Scandinavia who would be more than useful cover.

their wage demands would also be half of fergusons = 2 for the price of 1! thats the way to drive the club forward or maybe snap them up even younger like arsenal......but thats too much to ask of this club....way too long term, not our style :doh:

i simply cannot understand we are talking about ferguson! expensive and old = no future!

[/quote