FA rescind Beye red card

Dave

A bit daft attempting to tackle someone with quick feet like Robinho from behind in the box anyway tbh.

If I had to pick one of our defenders who I thought would win the ball then it would be Beye, it was an excellent tackle.

the trajectory of the ball means little as beye (from styles view) could have touched it whilst taking the player out or slightly before. styles problem was that he was so sure.

I couldn't tell if it was a good tackle or not, Styles should have been closer to the area of play, lazy useless bastard that he is.

Can't believe how many usually sensible posters are getting involved in Baggio's wind up here :lol:

He's gone off Beye and i can understand why but i think Baggio is reflecting on the fact that he was player of the season for us last year, hence his overrated comment. I reflect on the fact that Beye probably was as the rest were utter turd.

Can't believe how many usually sensible posters are getting involved in Baggio's wind up here :lol:

He's gone off Beye and i can understand why but i think Baggio is reflecting on the fact that he was player of the season for us last year, hence his overrated comment. I reflect on the fact that Beye probably was as the rest were utter turd.

It's quite obvious that Charlie's our most overrated player anyway. ;)

I'd agree with that and thats an honest statement.

I'd agree with that and thats an honest statement.

As was mine.

Guest Heneage

According to Poll, you're not allowed to come within a foot of a player while tackling.

Beye's leg went near Robinho's - Penalty.  :idiot2:

Did he actually say that?

He did however say words to the effect of "Just because you get the ball first doesn't mean its a penalty".

According to Poll, you're not allowed to come within a foot of a player while tackling.

Beye's leg went near Robinho's - Penalty.  :idiot2:

Did he actually say that?

He did however say words to the effect of "Just because you get the ball first doesn't mean its a penalty".

true as i understand the rules,if it's a tackle from behind . ie if beyes tackle had been with his left leg and his right leg came through the back of the player....it didn't.

edit...you did mean that poll said "Just because you get the ball first doesn't mean its NOTa penalty".didn't you.

I'm not winding anyone up.

If you attempt to tackle someone from behind in the box when you're the last man then you run the risk of getting yourself sent off, even if you do get the ball.

The refs have been clamping down on tackles from behind over the last few years and you usually see a few freekicks given throughout the game for it even if you do win the ball.

I'm not winding anyone up.

If you attempt to tackle someone from behind in the box when you're the last man then you run the risk of getting yourself sent off, even if you do get the ball.

The refs have been clamping down on tackles from behind over the last few years and you usually see a few freekicks given throughout the game for it even if you do win the ball.

he didn't tackle from behind as such as he tackled with his right leg from the side and didn't go through the player. from this position his trailing cant come from behind either.

It was a daft comment because Beye was actually diving in because the central defender in front of him hadn't dealt with it. The fact he made the tackle re-inforces what a good defender he is. Beye isn't over-rated, we'd have to have a better alternative for that to be the case.

What a load of toss, Baggio. The guy is through on goal, he is GOING to score. The natural instinct is to try and stop this from happening, so he makes the tackle. He did nothing wrong whatsoever, i cannot think of many defenders that would not attempt the tackle there, and they'd want lynching if so, for being half-arsed feckers. It's just a plain kick in the nuts that the tackle was absolutely spot on.

This anti-Beye thing you've got going on is pretty bizarre tbh, considering he's the best right-back we've had at the club for as long as i've supported them (which granted, isn't as long as many). That really is picking the bones out of it. Criticising him for making a last ditch attempt at a tackle? Come off it, he's human.

What a load of toss, Baggio. The guy is through on goal, he is GOING to score. The natural instinct is to try and stop this from happening, so he makes the tackle. He did nothing wrong whatsoever, i cannot think of many defenders that would not attempt the tackle there, and they'd want lynching if so, for being half-arsed feckers. It's just a plain kick in the nuts that the tackle was absolutely spot on.

This anti-Beye thing you've got going on is pretty bizarre tbh, considering he's the best right-back we've had at the club for as long as i've supported them (which granted, isn't as long as many). That really is picking the bones out of it. Criticising him for making a last ditch attempt at a tackle? Come off it, he's human.

Well done Habib Beye for being better than Carr, Hughes and Griffin.

Do yourself a favour man and ignore him.

Well done Habib Beye for being better than Carr, Hughes and Griffin.

Picking the bones again, then. Class counter-argument. :thup:

I can't take seriously what you're saying about him tonight, so i'll just ask: what've you got against him like? The fact that he's not a particularly good crosser of the ball? That for me, is his only real weakness.

If you don't agree with them then ignore them O0.

I don't even know whether or not he's Wumming. I wouldn't expect Baggio to be a Wum, like. Seeing as i tend not to agree with him anyway, this argument is no different to any other for me, so i can't tell. :D

If you don't agree with them then ignore them O0.

I know your game.  :shifty: