Mike Ashley I Hope You're Happy

Tooj

If Keegan had taken an NUFC side containing Taylor, Duff, Butt, Geremi and Shola to sunderland and got beat, who would have gotten the blame?

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the f***ing goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

Personally I don't think Keegan would have lost yesterday but if he had come out when he resigned and said that he hadn't been backed in the transfer market but was staying for the sake of the fans then I think he would have been supported by most of the fans, that's just my opinion, I would have supported him under those conditions.

what a load of tripe.

what do you think he was saying after the Chelsea game last May ?

Would they not have sacked him for coming out with that though?

I've always felt they thought he was easily replaceable.

is the easy, correct and obvious answer that should not really need to be explained.

If Keegan had taken an NUFC side containing Taylor, Duff, Butt, Geremi and Shola to sunderland and got beat, who would have gotten the blame?

People expected him to put his head on the block and rely on Nicky Butt and Damien Duff to save the guillotine from dropping while all the time having to pretend that he'd put the squad together and was happy with it? Howay. I wouldn't rely on shitbags on Duff to feed the f***ing goldfish while I was away on holiday never mind save my job.

Personally I don't think Keegan would have lost yesterday but if he had come out when he resigned and said that he hadn't been backed in the transfer market but was staying for the sake of the fans then I think he would have been supported by most of the fans, that's just my opinion, I would have supported him under those conditions.

He couldn't possibly say anything man, we've talked about untenable positions, that would have been the worst of the lot. Remember Ashley's huff when KK said we couldn't compete with Chelsea? He'd be admitting we couldn't compete with sunderland ffs.

His choices were: a) walk or b) pretend to be happy with this squad and pretend to have compiled it. Bugger that.

what do you think you're talking to here, a genius  bluelaugh.gif

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

Considering thats the crux of your entire argument thats an incredibly turdish and quite frankly ridculous claim.

Old age affecting your memory or is it just selective nowadays? ;)

no. I'm right and I expect the results and league position to prove it. Standby for our lowest top league position since winning promotion.

At least we didn't waste any money in the summer.

If a manager feels he can't do his job properly and feels he had to resign as he couldn't work with the people above him. Surely that makes the position to him untenable?

Maybe!, but as there are millions of people who don't get what they want at work but they don't spit the dummy they get on with it and try to improve the situation, to me it goes to show what sort of character he has, to leave at the last minute, just so he can prove a point. Gutless!.

These are people who need the money and know they wont easily find a job somewhere else. Most people, after banging their head against a managerial brick wall for a bit, would start looking for a new job. Also, when they leave in most instances the whole company doesn't collapse into disarray, and the owners don't usually throw up their hands and say "That's it. I tried, but I can't go on, I'm running this place on a skeleton staff until I can sell it". If an employee was that important, you'd do your damnedest to keep him.

Looking at his actions with hindsight, it's clear that Keegan had known the score and been trying to improve the situation at least since the end of last season (eg trying to force Ashley's hand through the media for which he got his knuckles wrapped). When the transfer window closed, he realised his efforts had failed and he was powerless to do anything other than paper over the cracks of the squad he'd been left with.

Do you think Keegan didn't give Ashley the option of "me or the system"? Of course he did. Ashley chose the system.

spot on as usual.

yes, it is.

And the sad thing, is that Ashley made the wrong choice.

what a load of tripe.

what do you think he was saying after the Chelsea game last May ?

After the Chelsea game I think he was saying that we couldn't compete with them, something that all but 3 other managers could have said.  What do you think he was saying?

Keegan has done nothing other than have ambition to succeed, and to manage the club in the way he sees fit.

Spoken to him, have you?

Didn't think so. The facts are none of us know exactly what's gone on, so we can't really point the finger with absolute certainty. Given the relative merits of Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley, I'd be inclined to back the former in a straight choice, but it's just not that simple.

there are other people in the past that have been crucified by you and others and you didn't ask him nor did you ask others if they had also asked them. You would look better not moving the goalposts rather than blatantly defend anybody who I disagree with, even when I have facts to back up my own comments.

Faced with a choice between believing Keegan and Ashley, I'll take Keegan anytime if its alright by you. This is the worst squad and smallest squad of players we have had since 1992. We are in the s*** for one reason and one reason only, and that is because they owner of the club failed to make the choice to show ambition in keeping with what this club ought to do and is used to seeing, in backing his own appointed manager.

Considering thats the crux of your entire argument thats an incredibly turdish and quite frankly ridculous claim.

no. I'm right and I expect the results and league position to prove it. Standby for our lowest top league position since winning promotion.

A bit of both then?  :lol:

What a ridiculous claim.

Spoken to him, have you?

What a ridiculous claim.

eh ?

A bit of both what

Spoken to him, have you?

What a ridiculous claim.

eh ?

A bit of both what

Old age/Selective memory.

Spoken to him, have you?

What a ridiculous claim.

eh ?

A bit of both what

look up the league tables. Nowt to do with memory.

Spoken to him, have you?

What a ridiculous claim.

eh ?

A bit of both what

look up the league tables. Nowt to do with memory.

Definitely Old age/Selective memory.

Can't we just have a serious conversation without resorting to the same old shit between the same posters? It is possible to disagree without coming across as pricks and spoiling threads you know.

Can't we just have a serious conversation without resorting to the same old shit between the same posters? It is possible to disagree without coming across as pricks and spoiling threads you know.

Its things like 6 posts in a row at the top of this page & the end of the previous one by the same person that are dragging it out on this occasion.

Its things like 6 posts in a row at the top of this page & the end of the previous one by the same person that are dragging it out on this occasion.

sorry Liam, but I've been to work today, and am just catching up on the thread I've been posting in. I don't sit for hours on end all day looking at this site ?

And on this occasion, I'll apologise for not sticking to the subject, even though I don't think anybody even you will blame me for replying.

I haven't got a clue what fredbobs going on about either, which seems to have dragged it down to me.

Whatever.

I can't see anything wrong with the 6th post on this page.  :lol:

sorry Liam, but I've been to work today, and am just catching up on the thread I've been posting in. I don't sit for hours on end all day looking at this site ?

And on this occasion, I'll apologise for not sticking to the subject, even though I don't think anybody even you will blame me for replying.

I haven't got a clue what fredbobs going on about either, which seems to have dragged it down to me.

Whatever.

Fair enough, but 6 in a row does make it look as though you're fishing for a bite on this occasion, even if you're not.

Can't we just have a serious conversation without resorting to the same old s*** between the same posters? It is possible to disagree without coming across as pricks and spoiling threads you know.

Whatever.

Im only jokin with you. All I was saying is that your memeory must be very short if you genuinely think this is the worst squad we've had since 1992. Its an absurd claim and you know it. And as that was the point to your entire post i thought it was something that needed pointing out.

p.s Why should anyone who wants to debate this point have to feel like we have to conform to some sort of "online" etiquette?

Its like politics - no opposing party will ever agree but they'll still keep on debating, and why shouldnt they.

I would say that since 1992, this is by far the most disarray the club has been in which indirectly makes it possibly the worst squad because of the affect it is having on confidence, morale and all round instability.

I would say that since 1992, this is by far the most disarray the club has been in which indirectly makes it possibly the worst squad because of the affect it is having on confidence, morale and all round instability.

I don't think this is any worse than the disarray Gullit left us in tbh.

We had Shearer though.  :aww:

We had Shearer though.  :aww:

We were playing so well he couldn't get in the team IIRC :lol:

At that stage all we had to do was replace the manager. This time around there are some more significant personnel to be changed.

At that stage all we had to do was replace the manager. This time around there are some more significant personnel to be changed.

In terms of confidence & morale though ???

Can't we just have a serious conversation without resorting to the same old s*** between the same posters? It is possible to disagree without coming across as pricks and spoiling threads you know.

Whatever.

Im only jokin with you. All I was saying is that your memeory must be very short if you genuinely think this is the worst squad we've had since 1992. Its an absurd claim and you know it. And as that was the point to your entire post i thought it was something that needed pointing out.

p.s Why should anyone who wants to debate this point have to feel like we have to conform to some sort of "online" etiquette?

Its like politics - no opposing party will ever agree but they'll still keep on debating, and why shouldnt they.

my point is quite simple fredbob. I think this is the weakest squad of players since 1992 and I fully expect the league table at the end of the season to show it, unfortunately.

I'm not talking about the first 11 here. We know - and you should because I told you - people like Viduka will hardly play, never mind perform when he does. We lack pace in midfield. We lack a balanced attack ie without a replacement for Viduka and cover for Owen and Martins, neither of who will play enough games.  Any more than one or two injuries will cost us dear. Keegan knew all of this, and more. Thats why he's gone, along with the fact that they made him sell to buy then didn't even give him the money from the sale [of Milner] to buy the player he wanted. 

The fault lies with the person holding the purse strings, because he thought that he could run the club with minimal outlay and make smalll profits. This, to me, became more and more obvious at this stage of the season a year ago. Hence my comment about choosing to back the manager . This point was made by me in the past too ie the people who ran the club chose to back their managers and show ambition, which is never automatic. Ashley has chosen not to back his manager .

I don't think Ashley will be very happy, but I don't give a toss about him, any more than it would appear he gave a toss about us.