N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

Hope we get shot of him, overrated and miserable. Get Jonas on the left and bring in Adam Johnson for the right side. :pow:

Any reason why you want Adam playing out of position would you not prefer it if we went & signed a right winger.

He's a jinky dribbler type, don't think it will matter too much which side he plays. I think he is a real talent. We'd never get him atm though, said it in jest more than anything.

The few times I have seen he has looked great bit unlucky for him coming through while the Boro have Downing, that may change in the next week or two.

Hope we get shot of him, overrated and miserable. Get Jonas on the left and bring in Adam Johnson for the right side. :pow:

I agree. Jonas needs to be on the left, just links up better with Enrique and is more dangerous cutting in.

We should ask Spurs how much Lennon would cost. Anything up to £8m we should take.

I agree. Jonas needs to be on the left, just links up better with Enrique and is more dangerous cutting in.

We should ask Spurs how much Lennon would cost. Anything up to £8m we should take.

We'd have a better chance of getting Bentley from them than we would Lennon.

It's all immaterial, of course, since the chance of either coming up here is pretty much zero.

Haven't been online today, but just seen his quotes and he seems desperate to go. If he goes, anyone reckon we should go for Downing who looks like he's handing in a transfer request? Don't think he's anything special, but what he can do, which N'Zogbia for some reason just won't, is skin his marker and put in quality crosses.

Haven't been online today, but just seen his quotes and he seems desperate to go. If he goes, anyone reckon we should go for Downing who looks like he's handing in a transfer request?

Not at the prices Boro are reportedly quoting.

Haven't been online today, but just seen his quotes and he seems desperate to go. If he goes, anyone reckon we should go for Downing who looks like he's handing in a transfer request?

Not at the prices Boro are reportedly quoting.

Think it depends on what we'd get for N'Zogbia really. If we got £7-8m, it wouldn't bother me in the least paying £10-12m for Downing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Haven't been online today, but just seen his quotes and he seems desperate to go. If he goes, anyone reckon we should go for Downing who looks like he's handing in a transfer request? Don't think he's anything special, but what he can do, which N'Zogbia for some reason just won't, is skin his marker and put in quality crosses.

Hes had his head turned by the bright lights im afraid. I do rate him as a player but around the 7-8 million mark

Hes had his head turned by the bright lights im afraid. I do rate him as a player but around the 7-8 million mark

Although we're more of a rival to Boro in terms of locality, I think Keith Lamb would much sooner sell him to us than Spurs. Think he's pretty p*ssed off with Spurs's original offer.

I doubt N'Zogbia will leave tbh. He'll only be transferred if we get a decent offer. Say what you like about Ashley, if the Dyer deal is anything to go by he's not the type to give players away unless we get full value.

Guest Howaythetoon

We simply can't afford to even lose a player of his moderate ability and worth so in that sense I'd be pretty pissed off if he is allowed to leave under any circumstances other than because we have a better replacement coming in which I can't see, can you? Long-term he can fuck off and so can all the other wasters, although its hard to expect any player to commit really as the future doesn't look very good for the club and I am not stupid enough to think everyone should be as loyal and committed as the fans.

Guest sicko2ndbest

FUCK OFF YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE WANNABE

Newcastle winger Charles N'Zogbia has reiterated his desire to leave the club, admitting Arsenal would be his first-choice destination.

N'Zogbia revealed at the end of last year that he was keen to head for the St James' Park exit and the 22-year-old now claims a move to Tottenham or Aston Villa this month is very much in the pipeline.

"My agents are talking with Tottenham and Aston Villa," he told L'Equipe. "I'm waiting to see what will happen.

"From what they have told me, Arsenal could also be in the frame, but there hasn't been a direct approach from them.

"Personally, I have a little preference for the Gunners but, whatever happens, they are three great and ambitious clubs. It's very flattering to see them interested in me.

"I've spoken to my bosses at the club. They know what my aims are and what I want to continue to progress.

"As soon as a big club knocks on the door with a good offer, I don't think they'll prevent me leaving.

"While waiting I'm continuing to train, without letting my head go down because I am above all a professional."

N'Zogbia joined Newcastle in 2004, with the Magpies paying a nominal sum to Le Havre for their youth team player.

But the former France Under-21 international admits the time has come for a move away from the club in order to attract the attention of Les Bleus coach Raymond Domenech.

He continued: "I've been here for four years. It's a club who have allowed me to discover the France youth team, and I thank them for that, but at some point you have to know how to aim higher.

"I am 22. It's an age where I have to be seen, especially with regards to aims that I have targeted for myself.

"I want to get into the France team as soon as possible and I feel that at Newcastle, that won't be possible.

"I'm at a turning point in my career."

However, N'Zogbia insists that whatever happens he would love to remain in England, even if Ligue 1 giants Lyon or Paris St Germain come calling.

"A return to France is not unforeseeable," he explained. "But personally I have always said that my priority is to remain in England.

"It's a league which I take pleasure from and which suits me well.

"Anyway, a return to France is not relevant because none of those clubs have contacted me."

N'Zogbia admitted that it was partly seeing his friend and compatriot Lassana Diarra secure a move to Real Madrid which pushed him to take a decisive step to clinching his own transfer.

"That's exactly the case," he said. "He's a player I've grown up with in football. When I see what he has done that gives me extra desire to set myself new targets, to do everything to have the same recognition.

"It's for that reason that I feel it's the right time to leave. In a career, you need titles and yet, at Newcastle, that's not possible.

"When I see certain friends playing in the Champions League or others like Lassana or Florent Sinama-Pongolle with the France team, it makes me drool. I say to myself: 'Why not me?"'

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/01/08/SOCCER_Newcastle_NZogbia.html&TEAMHD=soccer

"While waiting I'm continuing to train, without letting my head go down because I am above all a professional."

fucking cock.

:dontknow: He's looked pretty committed in his appearances of late. Still hopeless at left-back like but he always has been. The penny's probably dropped that he needs to actually perform if he wants to get a move.

Thing is, I can see him leaving us and blossoming but that'll be because he'll be finally motivated and believe that it's possible for him to be a great player. It just isn't possible for him at Newcastle anymore. It's for the best for him and us that he leaves, as long as we get a good price.

If Spurs want him, we should possibly look for swap deals. I think we might see a few more of them in todays market.

Bale, Gunter, Huddlestone, O'Hara, or Zokora would all improve our squad options and make up for the loss of N'Zogbia.

I wouldn't be too bothered about him leaving if we played Jonas wide left and brought in a quality wide right player. Jonas is better on the left anyway.

Guest Geordiecunny

First of many really- we're a club going nowhere at best and to the championship at worst. If it wasn't for the fact most of the prem would have no interest in any of our squad I think there'd be more like him leaving. Personally I think hes good so I'd say Fuck you, you're under contract and if you keep us up then you can leave- the margin between us going down and staying up will be thin and the little extra quality between him and Duff could be crucial.