N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

not really. chez also went on to say "Runs with his head down, little awareness, and opts to carry the ball rather than pass and move into space countless times a match."

brief but true.

So nothing fundamentally wrong with his game, all thing which can be worked on, Ronaldo had some similar problems in his first year but was given the environment and coaching to iron out those weaknesses.

I see no reason why Zog cant solve these problems, hes eternally confident in his abilty and always looking to attack.

i see it the other way around. technique etc can be worked on. nouse,finding and using space,picking the right,simple pass etc is not so easily taught.

he has the raw ball skill type talent but is severly lacking  in the other major areas.

How do you explain Ronaldo's transformation from ball carrying antelope to the player he is today? With his decision making and less ball carrying and creativity.

I see a lot of similarities between present day Zog and 18 year old Ronaldo.

What areas do you think that Zog severly lacks in that cant be worked on to make him the player he could be? Assuming LW is his strongest position.

experience. ronaldo learns from experience,n'zogbia doesn't.

areas that n'zog lacks....already listed as lack of nouse,decision making,. raw skill wise n'zogbia is to me,as good as fabregas but instead of a player who can dribble 40 yds and take on 5 players without getting himself into a better position give me one who can make the correct pass over 10yds.

not really. chez also went on to say "Runs with his head down, little awareness, and opts to carry the ball rather than pass and move into space countless times a match."

brief but true.

So nothing fundamentally wrong with his game, all thing which can be worked on, Ronaldo had some similar problems in his first year but was given the environment and coaching to iron out those weaknesses.

I see no reason why Zog cant solve these problems, hes eternally confident in his abilty and always looking to attack.

i see it the other way around. technique etc can be worked on. nouse,finding and using space,picking the right,simple pass etc is not so easily taught.

he has the raw ball skill type talent but is severly lacking  in the other major areas.

How do you explain Ronaldo's transformation from ball carrying antelope to the player he is today? With his decision making and less ball carrying and creativity.

What areas do you think that Zog severly lacks in that cant be worked on to make him the player he could be? Assuming LW is his strongest position.

Exactly, because he hasn't had any.

brief but true.

Over 100 games like :dontknow:

Disclaimer: According to wiki

brief but true.

79 league starts over 4 years.........should be showing some signs ,but he doesn't.

79 league starts over 4 years.........should be showing some signs ,but he doesn't.

The multiple different managers and coaches probably havent helped either.

I know that doesnt absolve him completely but consitency in the coaching and management would have helped some

I know that doesnt absolve him completely but consitency in the coaching and management would have helped some

probably the for reason milner aswell then,taylor also,and duff as he was a good player till he came here.

On the other side of the coin though, you'd think if he really had something one of them might have spotted & nurtured it?

probably the reason milner aswell then,taylor also,and duff as he was a good player till he came here.

False.

brief but true.

areas that n'zog lacks....already listed as lack of nouse,decision making,. raw skill wise n'zogbia is to me,as good as fabregas but instead of a player who can dribble 40 yds and take on 5 players without getting himself into a better position give me one who can make the correct pass over 10yds.

Do you think Ronaldo would be the player he is now if he shared the same experience as Zog?

I dont think you've named anything which cant be improved on, Ronaldo, Rooney even Henry are testeamanet of players being able to learn to improve decision making with the right coaching and environment.

probably the reason milner aswell then,taylor also,and duff as he was a good player till he came here.

False.

oh don't let your petty prejudice carry over into reality. he was a good player at blackburn and chelsea.

False.

oh don't let your petty prejudice carry over into reality. he was a good player at blackburn and chelsea.

According to a colleague of mine who is a Chelsea season ticket holder and has been for some time he lost it following a series of hamstring injuries and then a dislocated shoulder on boxing day a few years ago and never really fully recovered from those injuries.

On the other side of the coin though, you'd think if he really had something one of them might have spotted & nurtured it?

Aye, very possibly. We will probably find out as and when he moves on.

brief but true.

Do you think Ronaldo would be the player he is now if he shared the same experience as Zog?

I dont think you've named anything which cant be improved on, Ronaldo, Rooney even Henry are testeamanet of players being able to learn to improve decision making with the right coaching and environment.

to start with both of those players were far superior in most every department than n'zogbia. yes n'zogbia can be improved upon,any player can,but not to the extent that he'd become the player some on here imagins.

I think Zoggy is more technically limited than many realise - he doesn't have a naturally good touch on the ball. He ought to have improved more (although he's not a Ronaldo in the making) and I think some of it is down to his personality. He just doesn't impose himself, and looks quite isolated within the team. He still has the demeanour of a teenager making his debut.

False.

According to a colleague of mine who is a Chelsea season ticket holder and has been for some time he lost it following a series of hamstring injuries and then a dislocated shoulder on boxing day a few years ago and never really fully recovered from those injuries.

so was he a good player before those injuries ?

probably the for reason milner aswell then,taylor also,and duff as he was a good player till he came here.

Milner and Taylor arent as technically proficient as he is, Milner is fundamanetally flawed as a player lacking pace and the ability to cross and Taylor for me has no excuse as he's played 100 games in predominantly his main position and has had plenty of oppurtunity to defend. Zog has played all over and has the wind knocked out of him by having inferior players played in front of him. Taylor and Mailner have benefitted from the english bias.

brief but true.

Half of those before Duff arrived and those since include sub appearances, central midfield, left back, even right wing on occasions, back and forth from one to the other. Young players just don't develop like that.

You can't tell me that the Charles N'Zogbia who skinned four mackem players in the derby before slotting home or the one who made Brad Friedel look like a total clown would have developed exactly the same (i.e. not at all) if we hadn't bought Duff. He's gone backwards and the club is to blame. Total and utter mismanagement.

False.

so was he a good player before those injuries ?

Yes.

SBR tried, out of all the manager we've had in recent times, i'll trust his wisdom.

Milner and Taylor arent as technically proficient as he is, Milner is fundamanetally flawed as a player lacking pace and the ability to cross and Taylor for me has no excuse as he's played 100 games in predominantly his main position and has had plenty of oppurtunity to defend. Zog has played all over and has the wind knocked out of him by having inferior players played in front of him. Taylor and Mailner have benefitted from the english bias.

n'zogbia is also fundamentally flawed as he little or no reading of the game.

I think Zoggy is more technically limited than many realise - he doesn't have a naturally good touch on the ball. He ought to have improved more (although he's not a Ronaldo in the making) and I think some of it is down to his personality. He just doesn't impose himself, and looks quite isolated within the team. He still has the demeanour of a teenager making his debut.

Why some people expect a player who has been totally shafted at NUFC to be grinning and smiling all the time is beyond me. I'm miserable as fuck just watching Damien Duff, never mind sitting on the bench at his expense.

False.

He was no longer a good player when we bought him.

Hindsight-tastic I know, but that's why they flogged him for £5m.

brief but true.

Half of those before Duff arrived and those since include sub appearances, central midfield, left back, even right wing on occasions, back and forth from one to the other. Young players just don't develop like that.

You can't tell me that the Charles N'Zogbia who skinned four mackem players in the derby before slotting home or the one who made Brad Friedel look like a total clown would have developed exactly the same (i.e. not at all) if we hadn't bought Duff. He's gone backwards and the club is to blame. Total and utter mismanagement.

right enough. last thing we should do is buy players for positions in which we only have one player,an experienced versatile international at that.

some times young starlets don't develop the way you'd think. this is one such case.