Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As Rob Lee suggested on Sly Sports last night, would you back Ashley if he said sorry and admited he got it wrong and aslo ptomised to invest would you back him.

This not about forgiving him but the transfer window is getting closer and buyers seem few and far between, he may be our only option.

Guest Jawesome

Yes.  I don't know the guy to call him a cunt and whatever, for all I know he could be a nice guy, it's just he promised investment and it never came.

Guest nufc_kev

If he did the following i'd consider it:

a) Made a full public apopgy admitting he got it wrong

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

d) brought in a top drawer manager

e) backed the manager in the market with a decent amount of funds. Doesn't have to be huge, just Villa-esque.

no, he can f-ck off, stop trying to kiss his ar5e

Think about this rationally. If we can't get new owners in on time would you give Ashley a second chance as it were in the interests of stability or would you let things stay as they are with Kinnear in charge, no-one's future guaranteed, and the likelihood of little to no investment in the transfer market?

I'd rather he just cut his losses and we moved on and put this all behind us but I don't want to see the club's short term future sacrificed if we simply can't get him and his system replaced.

Yup

Agreed with his blueprint of building from youth at the time

The signings of Colo and Jonas in particular showed promise in the scouting system.

But...

He would need to improve the level of managerial staff. Derek Llambias is a buffoon of the highest order.

Some clarity on the exact roles of certain personell wouldn't go amis either.

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

e) backed the manager in the market with a decent amount of funds. Doesn't have to be huge, just Villa-esque.

I think thats fair enough..

There is always a second chance, if Ashley dismantles the DOF system, re-appoints Keegan, gives him £30 million in Jan with the promise of £30 million every following transer window he'll be welcomed back with open arms.

Not going to happen though.

just about the only circumstance i would accept, its not going to happen , so forget about it, you are clutching at non existent straws

Admit he made mistakes, clear out Wise and Llambias, put in place a proper manager (doesn't even have to be Keegan), give him the budget that was promised i.e. £20m on top of what the club generates itself, and let them get on with it.

He would be forgiven and welcomed with open arms by me, and anyone who says otherwise is living in fantasy land and expect us to be the next Chelsea or Man City. I honestly would rather have steady sustainable progress and the club keep its identity, rather than be another rich Arab/Russian play thing which bears no resemblence to the club I was brought up with. Think Aston Villa/Arsenal.

b) Bring back Chris Mort

c) Sacked Wise

I think thats fair enough..

i'd go along with this. i'd still be skeptical until he actually delivered but id give him the benefit of the doubt.

he's already had a chance to do this tho and preferred to put the club up for sale.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is a fact that he would need to tell the truth about the Keegan situation

It is a fact that he would have to invest in the team

It is a fact he would need to communicate a hell of lot better

It is a fact that he would have to appoint a top manager

It is a fact that a top manager would not touch us with a barge pole as Ashley obviously dosnt know what he is doing

It is a fact that i have voted yes, but thats partly due to the fact that i would rather have him on side than against us, especially if a buyer dosnt come to fruition

How can you say villa-esque spending is a reasonable and "decent amount of money"

villa were in the top 3 spending clubs in europe!

i think resonable amount of money to invest each window is between 10 - 20 million ,including selling players, the past windows our net spending has been just above 0

It's a fact that Newcastle being relegated would drastically reduce the selling price of the club, it would further reduce the likelyhood of a sale. Therefore, he may be forced in January to strengthen, not because he loves us and our club but for the simple economics behind it. A few million in January will be recouped with a smoother sale, rather than being stuck with the club he is hated at....