Mike Ashley Second Chance Saloon

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hmmmm interesting stuff. Clearly ashley aint sellimg, also the keegan stuff is interesting too.......

It's just Ashley trying to win  favour back with the supporters. Won't work tbh.

Going by the consensus on here, you would think differently.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You might be pleasantly surprised.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

I look forward to it, it'll be like finding out father Christmas isn't real all over again for some of the mongs on here if it turns out Keegan isn't the victim.

It's just Ashley trying to win  favour back with the supporters. Won't work tbh.

My guess is that it's just Kinnear talking crap, he doesn't even know his MD's name yet he knows all of this. :lol:

YOU'LL CHANGE TOON OVER KEV

Wait until you hear the full story, warns Kinnear

By MARTIN HARDY, 01/11/2008

JOE KINNEAR has warned Newcastle fans that Kevin Keegan’s lofty status with them may be undermined when the truth of his departure is told.

And the interim boss believes owner Mike Ashley may not be finished with the Toon.

The club is still in disarray, with Keegan embroiled in a legal battle over compensation after his exit in September.

On Keegan’s exit, Kinnear said: “I could tell you lots of things about that. You will have to wait and see.

“You are making an assumption — like most of the journalists up here — and 75 per cent of you are wrong.

“Wait until you see the statements, that is all I am saying. All will be revealed.

“Maybe Mike Ashley will be accepted. Maybe he will come back and won’t sell the place. Maybe he will invest in the club. Who knows?

“It only needs the team to go on a small run and people will easily forget. I am saying forget, but I don’t know what the man has done.

“It is difficult. He has put £240million into the club and he can’t come and watch the team.

Crack

“But he could make his peace with the fans. It isn’t all of them. He hasn’t been given a fair crack of the whip by the Press.

“He is a down to earth fellah who loves his football. His kids love it. I don’t know what mistakes he has made because I haven’t been here to look at them.”

Ashley is struggling to find anyone to pay the £280m he wants for the club. Sources close to investment banker Keith Harris, who is trying to broker the sale, have said there were no developments last week.

A South African group who had shown interest could be about to return to the picture with fresh backing.

The uncertainty means Newcastle are likely to again be bit-part players in the transfer market in January, to the despair of their supporters.

Kinnear is on a month-to-month arrangement with Toon — but has been a hit with fans and is getting twitchy over his future.

Guest Darth Toon

There's been a definite stepping up in the shite levels coming out of Kinnear's gob now he's finally won a game - looks like the water is being tested ahead of some big news....

If they try another smear job on KK I'm sure it will go down like a sack of shite same as the "Fact" statement - if they really had something that damaging on him they would have used it long before now, either directly or by sneaking it out through friendly press.

I doubt if the release of statements is going to change matters. Anything that's anti-Keegan can always be dismissed as a smear if you've a mind to do that.

It's unusual for a manager to be talking about what's going on behind the scenes like this. Clearly Ashley doesn't mind him doing this, in that a particular message is coming from a voice that many fans find more acceptable. I don't think Kinnear is acting to a pre-arranged plan, but clearly it suits him for Ashley to remain in place.

I look forward to it, it'll be like finding out father Christmas isn't real all over again for some of the mongs on here if it turns out Keegan isn't the victim.

Not really, no. At least then though you'll have your wish of being proved right over Leazes, fuck what happens to the club though.

If Ashley said sorry and admited he got it wrong and promised to invest would you back him?

Not really - the amount of shite that has reputedly been said by him, I wouldn't trust a word that came out of his mouth - not even hello!

When the time has come for him to put his hand in his pocket and invest in the squad we have had various excuses - timing of the take-over, paying off all of the club debt, player wages, paying off more of the club debt that had already been paid off but hadn't really been paid off when they said that all of the club debt had been paid off the last time.

His statement when 'putting the club up for sale' said he was going to invest 20 million a year.  So far in the previous three transfer windows that he has been in charge we have actually made a profit in the transfer market.  We could have at least invested SOME of the reported 30 - 40 million pounds that came in last summer from SKY, but that money seems to have disappeared elsewhere.

That's got to be top of your all time pathetic comments!

Looking at the time it was posted I'll assume that you were pissed at the time.

So if Keegan is to be proved to be the bad guy after all, why didnt Ashley just come out immediately and tell us. Then we could have moved on straight away and salvaged something of the season.

JK coming out with too much of this shit now for me. All I am interesting in heating talk about is the next game and the state of the squad/injuries

So if Keegan is to be proved to be the bad guy after all, why didnt Ashley just come out immediately and tell us. Then we could have moved on straight away and salvaged something of the season.

What about the, "it is a fact that..." statement, which went down like a lead balloon?

What about the, "it is a fact that..." statement, which went down like a lead balloon?

Are you surprised given the way that it was released and worded ?

(and I aint going to get involved in going over the whoel subject yet again  O0)

:lol:

I know what you mean, but I think it's a fact that a lot of fans still wouldn't have accepted it even if Ashley had came out and said it was Keegan's fault.

I still think they're as bad as each other mind, and hope Ashley quickly follows him out.

:thup:

I agree with that.

They cannot think that the way to win us over is to slag Keegan off? I also doubt a man like Ashley has to do much to do with JK, and I am sure they won't be telling him everything that went on. 2 draws and a win yeah but this bloke is starting to wind me right up.

Guest Wally_McFool

I'm starting to dislike Kinnear. The arse-licking gobshite.

You should add the words lying and conniving to that as well!

I wouldn't trust the man as far as I could throw him.

Guest Darth Toon

I'm starting to dislike Kinnear. The arse-licking gobshite.

Aye - he seems to be working hard to undermine any goodwill he might have built up.

He could be acting under instructions or maybe he's just overstimating his own popularity - it's possible he's mistaking a lack of hassle from the fans as acceptance.

Fact remains we could be bottom of the league tomorrow night - that's the area he needs to be concentrating his efforts if you ask me.

I'm starting to dislike Kinnear. The arse-licking gobshite..

Seriously making me worry as well.

I just want him to concentrate on the next game and the next game only. I thought the whole idea was that he was goinig to come in and be detatched from the whole Ashley/Keegan thing and just try to get the team playing again. The fact he is diverting away from this and getting involved in the whole sorry mess just spells trouble for us.

After yesterdays results, we didnt need him making these comments - we need 100% focus on getting 3 points tomorrow night - 1 point at worst