Spurs & Harry Redknapp

Guest Brendan_Rice

Fair play to Spurs, they've kept trying to the end, but they should have been at least 4 goals down against Arsenal and Liverpool. They've been bloody lucky to still be in games. They weren't even close to in the game yesterday before Carra's og.

What's the truth at Spurs then?  When Ramos was there they were apparently crap because of "the DOF system" and now Harry is getting results with the same players it's all down to the manager.

We have more worries about relegation than the Spuds. And I think we'll survive, but be lower than Spurs.

We need a REALLY good manager to change this bunch and organize them.

Levy is blaming Berbatov for their bad start to the season. So why did he sack Ramos, then?

And apparently the Tottenham players weren't happy with his training methods etc........what a bunch of twats.  The Sevilla players must be laughing at them.

I'm not really that fussed about Spurs's good results of late. With the squad they have they were never true candidates for relegation. Its the likes of Stoke picking up 6 points in a week thats really concerned me.

Levy is blaming Berbatov for their bad start to the season. So why did he sack Ramos, then?

And apparently the Tottenham players weren't happy with his training methods etc........what a bunch of twats.  The Sevilla players must be laughing at them.

I think Ramos went really in the end because he had very little grasp of English. If you compare him with Capello (who apparently receives four hours of English lessons a day) he's been in the job more or less 10/11 months and is able to give comprehensive press conferences, as opposed to Ramos who was at Spurs one day less then a year and he struggled. This illustrates to me that he was either pants at learning languages or just didn't make the effort. Surely somebody who was working day in day out with players like Ramos was would have stepped up his attempts to speak the linguo, compared to Capello who only see's the England players four or five times a year yet he still made the effort.

Guest Heneage

I think Ramos went really in the end because he had very little grasp of English. If you compare him with Capello (who apparently receives four hours of English lessons a day) he's been in the job more or less 10/11 months and is able to give comprehensive press conferences, as opposed to Ramos who was at Spurs one day less then a year and he struggled. This illustrates to me that he was either pants at learning languages or just didn't make the effort. Surely somebody who was working day in day out with players like Ramos was would have stepped up his attempts to speak the linguo, compared to Capello who only see's the England players four or five times a year yet he still made the effort.

He could speak English had Poyet as an assitant and a small contingent of Spanish speakers language was not the problem.

He could speak English had Poyet as an assitant and a small contingent of Spanish speakers language was not the problem.

A journalist? Really?

Personally have no real problem with whats now happening for them and am just jealous really.

Their management realised their f*** up, acted, put it right and within 7 days are reaping the rewards.

Pity our fuckwit management team are not as decisive and positive thinking

You mean they thought their manager wasn't up to the job so replaced him, hardly similar to our situation was it?

A similar situation to ours was at West Ham, manager walks out but their fans do to sensible thing which was to be patient and wait to see what the management team do about replacing him, now West Ham have a new manager in place that the fans seem happy with and the old manager is forgotten.

No it wasnt a lot of West Ham fans wanted Curbs out & the team was getting booed off.

Personally have no real problem with whats now happening for them and am just jealous really.

Their management realised their f*** up, acted, put it right and within 7 days are reaping the rewards.

You mean they thought their manager wasn't up to the job so replaced him, hardly similar to our situation was it?

A similar situation to ours was at West Ham, manager walks out but their fans do to sensible thing which was to be patient and wait to see what the management team do about replacing him, now West Ham have a new manager in place that the fans seem happy with and the old manager is forgotten.

Our fans on the other hand decided to take a different route by holding protests outside the ground, waving bedsheets around with incorrect spelling which fans all over the country had a good laugh at, they then decided to try and force the owner to sell the club and call for nobody to buy any pies or programmes until he did, with a few adults seen shouting at young kids for buying one, then when the owner does agree to sell a few of them set up a pressure group a realise one ridiculous statement after the other telling any potential new owner that we won't put up with any of their s*** and threaten to write to all major club sponsors if the club isn't sold by the end of the season, this gets picked up by one the Internets most popular websites for football kit news which makes us a laughing stock again.

Then they wonder why the club is unstable at the moment and not like those clubs who's management teams were allowed to get on with things when decisions had to be made.

Also Curbishley was no 'Messiah', he was on his way out regardless, he walked before he was pushed.

Correct.

Our fans on the other hand decided to take a different route by holding protests outside the ground, waving bedsheets around with incorrect spelling which fans all over the country had a good laugh at, they then decided to try and force the owner to sell the club and call for nobody to buy any pies or programmes until he did, with a few adults seen shouting at young kids for buying one, then when the owner does agree to sell a few of them set up a pressure group a realise one ridiculous statement after the other telling any potential new owner that we won't put up with any of their s*** and threaten to write to all major club sponsors if the club isn't sold by the end of the season, this gets picked up by one the Internets most popular websites for football kit news which makes us a laughing stock again.

Then they wonder why the club is unstable at the moment and not like those clubs who's management teams were allowed to get on with things when decisions had to be made.

Also Curbishley was no 'Messiah', he was on his way out regardless, he walked before he was pushed.

Correct.

Their fans didnt have a chance to do anything because West Ham interviewed and appointed a replacement within about 7 days (and publicly told their fans what they were doing and when they were interviewing).

By comparison, we had about 12 days between Keegan walking and the Hull game. In that time, we did absolutely nothing

Guest Heneage

A journalist? Really?

A cunt ? Really?

A journalist? Really?

A cunt ? Really?

mackems.gif

Correct.

Their fans didnt have a chance to do anything because West Ham interviewed and appointed a replacement within about 7 days (and publicly told their fans what they were dong and when they were interviewing).

By comparison, we had about 12 days between Keegan walking and the Hull game. In that time, we did absolutely nothing

A much closer comparison would would be using Allerdyce/Curbs.

Anyone see those comments by Benitez, saying Tottenham have been lucky recently and Redknapp should be embarassed to win the game?

I'm not sure whether embarassing, ironic, or comical is the best term to describe Benitez's comments. Never liked the man, absolutely no modicum of grace and refuses to acknowledge any sort of luck that goes his way (and my word there's been plenty).

But I spose my opinions on RB aren't very valid are they.

Anyone see those comments by Benitez, saying Tottenham have been lucky recently and Redknapp should be embarassed to win the game?

I'm not sure whether embarassing, ironic, or comical is the best term to describe Benitez's comments. Never liked the man, absolutely no modicum of grace and refuses to acknowledge any sort of luck that goes his way (and my word there's been plenty).

To be fair, he's right. Should look in the mirror before speaking though.

Priceless :lol: Bet you he'd say that "good teams deserves luck" if someone would ask him about their luck this season

Priceless :lol: Bet you he'd say that "good teams deserves luck" if someone would ask him about their luck this season

It's pathetic, and is one of the people in Premiership football that makes my blood boil to no end. Utter t**t.