Joe Kinnear

ShearMagic

Guest palnese

The atmosphere against Boro is possibly the best I've ever been at.

And I was so convinced we were okay. :(

I was fucking furious at the next game against Fulham. Both the players and the fans were so not up for it. I know  it's up to players to a certain extent to get the fans going, but that last home game was massive to us and and it just didn't seem to register, I felt fans let us down there too. It shouldn't have been despair or apathy either as it was straight after boro.

Knew we were down when Fulham scored. That feeling was even worse than the FT whistle at Villa.

I'll never stop loving Newcastle United, but the closest I've come to hating that fact was at full time against Fulham. Vividly remember throwing away a shirt and a scarf on the way to the exit. The worst day of a horrible 11 month period.

Guest neesy111

I'll never stop loving Newcastle United, but the closest I've come to hating that fact was at full time against Fulham. Vividly remember throwing away a shirt and a scarf on the way to the exit. The worst day of a horrible 11 month period.

:thup:

I was more pissed off after that game than the Villa game.

The atmosphere against Boro is possibly the best I've ever been at.

Undoubtedly one the best atmospheres I've ever witnessed at SJP.

Came away from that game adamant that we were staying up.

Ironically exactly the things you needed due to  the  symbolically apocalyptic rain at the end of the match

I was more p*ssed off after that game than the Villa game.

I don't care what anyone says about that performance, we were fucking robbed of a point by Howard Webb which sent us down.

Guest neesy111

I don't care what anyone says about that performance, we were fucking robbed of a point by Howard Webb which sent us down.

:no:

A season of utter shite performances ultimately sent us down.  We would had been down anycase had that goal been given and the dive Saylor did v the mackems not given for example.

Guest neesy111

There's always debate about a penalty no matter how controversial. That Viduka header against Fulham was a goal.

Ohh it was a goal and a pathetic decision, but over a season we deserved to get relegated which has been discussed to death on here no doubt. :lol:

There was actually a bit of magic in the air after that full time whistle, to be honest. The odd dickhead letting us down but we were generally all feeling the same pain and handling it with passion and dignity.

Guest firetotheworks

It was at home to Stoke that I was at the lowest I've been since supporting us. 2-0 up and ended up drawing 2-2 in the 94th minute. I felt even then that that was it for us. I had to have shower after it man. It was like the end of Rocky IV/start of Rocky V.

Guest firetotheworks

Was it back to back home games, or close anyway, where we dropped points due to Faye & Bramble late goals?

Around the same time, yeah. November and December. Maybe a month between them iirc.

Guest neesy111

Blackburn at home under Hughton in September is when I said we'd go down.  I remember sending my dad a text saying we'd go down with the pathetic bunch of cunts on the field that day. :(