Guest optimistic nit

Should have been 12.

How?

How?

Should have been 12.

How?

How?

Who?

2 more points against both Man C and Everton i guess.

This man knows.

I was really disappointed with how we let the Everton and City games slip away from us.

Everton have been nowt special this season and City have been beaten by Boro and Bolton recently. They were probably there for the taking.

In fairness we saw Newcastle for the taking which is why were so p***ed off in letting the game slip ourselves.

In other news, as I've said on the other thread, I'm yet to see a convincing reason why Kinnear shouldn't be given a chance of some sort.

glen roeder tbh.

that said we need stability and i would rather have kinnear here than roeder, souness or allardyce. if we cant attract anyone of note to the job then he can have it until we are in a position to do so. shouldn't let him go until the end of the season anyway really.

Guest Howaythetoon

The points we have picked up, I don't know where they've come from to be honest because in general the team has been poor to average and are not performing any differently really or rather do not appear to be playing to some kind of Joe Kinnear inspired game plan. I think his actual appointment itself rather than he himself has had the biggest impact on the team in that there is some stability leaving the players to err, get on with their jobs of playing football. He still scares the s*** out of me I'm afraid and I fear what will happen the longer he does stay. He's certainly doing himself some good though in terms of his career after all this or at least I hope so anyway because I do like him as a character and the game needs people like him I feel.

So we should bring Keegan back, eh?

Aye, because that's exactly what I'm saying  :idiot2:

Well, you've said it about 500 times so I just figured that's what you were getting at.

Have I? I've said many a time we need to move on from KK - go and have a search. My view today is no I do not want him back, not now, not tomorrow, not under any new owner.

One thing that stands out to me is the improvement in Shola and Taylor.

I think Taylor is at least making an effort to be more assertive and agressive under Kinnear. Tonight was his best performance in a while and for the first time I didn't see him backing off players anymore! Now if he would just put those darned hands of his down!

Shola has been a revelation. I just can't believe he's the same player. He is making everyone's job easier by doing all the dirty work upfront  like Heskey has been for England recently.

Oddly enough Joes history with Wimbledon and the type ofplayers he worked with back then, has been very good for Shola, Taylor and even Coloccini, as he has managed to get them playing with more aggression, effort and assertiveness, which is something we desperately needed from our centre backs and target man.

God bless JK to be honest. Took the gig when everyone else was pretty much shitting on us, and I hope he is rewarded greatly for it with future success wherever he ends up.

The points we have picked up, I don't know where they've come from to be honest because in general the team has been poor to average and are not performing any differently really or rather do not appear to be playing to some kind of Joe Kinnear inspired game plan. I think his actual appointment itself rather than he himself has had the biggest impact on the team in that there is some stability leaving the players to err, get on with their jobs of playing football. He still scares the s*** out of me I'm afraid and I fear what will happen the longer he does stay. He's certainly doing himself some good though in terms of his career after all this or at least I hope so anyway because I do like him as a character and the game needs people like him I feel.

So we should bring Keegan back, eh?

Aye, because that's exactly what I'm saying  :idiot2:

Well, you've said it about 500 times so I just figured that's what you were getting at.

Have I? I've said many a time we need to move on from KK - go and have a search. My view today is no I do not want him back, not now, not tomorrow, not under any new owner.

The more i think about Keegan the less i want him back ,i feel he has let us all down greatly and this is why we are now because of him walking out but Kinnear has given the players a self belief and a purpose and we seem UNITED for a change .

Guest firetotheworks

I'll never feel the same about Keegan now, said it before - it's like when you find out Santa isn't real.

Thats a really good analogy actually.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will always love KK, he's done nowt to diminish his legend in my eyes. The man is one of the best things to ever happen to this club and has given many a generation the best ever experiences following this club not once but twice and for some starry eyed bairns at WHL that day or OT I'm sure even those relatively unspectacular moments in comparison will live long in the memory.

Martins interviewed after the game saying he wants Kinnear to get the job.

Surely after Roeder, once bitten, twice shy?

Turns out that telling the press that you think the manager is shit at his job isn't a good career move.

Oba said nothing of substance really in that interview. what he did say was set up and put in his mouth by the Setanta/sky interviewer.

Turns out that telling the press that you think the manager is shit at his job isn't a good career move.

:lol:

Martins' english has come a long way too.  Used to be lucky to get 5 words from him post match.

Turns out that telling the press that you think the manager is s*** at his job isn't a good career move.

:lol:

Martins' english has come a long way too.  Used to be lucky to get 5 words from him post match.

english is his first language

english is his first language

:blush: I completely mistook his shyness for the hemming and hawing of someone new to a language.  He used to throw in a lot of "errrrrrr"s too. 

Back to JFK and away from my stupidity -- I can see any new owners giving him until the end of the year and after a night to think on it I can't say I'd disagree.