Joe Kinnear

ShearMagic

If the rumours of a couple of serious buyers for the club being in for January is true, I would imagine they'll have a manager lined up who will come in immediately - my gut feeling is it will be Shearer.

JFK's deserved the job til the end of the season but if he's released I am sure he'll get a decent job somewhere, and no one will deserve it more. Wanting the job when other cunts like Venables and Hoddle were turning their nose up...loving the job and driving the squad to play like men...you have to take your hat off IMO. He's taking this chance with both hands.

I think he's ace. What a breath of fresh air.

I initially feared that he was going to be another long ball merchant but we've played some good football under him and got some excellent results.

I'm genuinely beginning to think to think he can do a decent job for us long-term.

I think he's ace. What a breath of fresh air.

I initially feared that he was going to be another long ball merchant but we've played some good football under him and got some excellent results.

I'm genuinely beginning to think to think he can do a decent job for us long-term.

This

Apart from the last line

One thing that stands out to me is the improvement in Shola and Taylor.

I think Taylor is at least making an effort to be more assertive and agressive under Kinnear. Tonight was his best performance in a while and for the first time I didn't see him backing off players anymore! Now if he would just put those darned hands of his down!

Shola has been a revelation. I just can't believe he's the same player. He is making everyone's job easier by doing all the dirty work upfront  like Heskey has been for England recently.

Oddly enough Joes history with Wimbledon and the type ofplayers he worked with back then, has been very good for Shola, Taylor and even Coloccini, as he has managed to get them playing with more aggression, effort and assertiveness, which is something we desperately needed from our centre backs and target man.

God bless JK to be honest. Took the gig when everyone else was pretty much shitting on us, and I hope he is rewarded greatly for it with future success wherever he ends up.

I agree with all of that, also Duff is playing better.

I personally think he's done a fucking brilliant job. 

I liked him at Wimbledon back in the day and thught he was alreet, but at the end of the day, we have lost one game since he took over.

Best performance of the season was on Monday (2nd half even pips Manure away). We were composed, a threat up front and caused a bit of a stir with their defence.  More to the point, we played as a TEAM.

I was totally unsure, thought what we employing this fuckwit for but in all honesty, he was brave enough to take on the challenge, he has motivated the players, but by the sounds of it, they seem to be motivated and very much want to play for him.

I think Kinnear under a DOF system where someone else with better knowledge of the foreign markets scouts/signs the players could be pretty good - would naturally be risky to stick with him, but so far he looks a decent first team coach. Could be a Vicente del Bosque style revelation.

Indeed, if the current upper management team can find more players of Gutierrez's and Coloccini's calibre, then theres every reason to believe that we can show solid improvement under someone like Kinnear.

Didn't we have exactly that when KK was doing JK's job?

I think Kinnear under a DOF system where someone else with better knowledge of the foreign markets scouts/signs the players could be pretty good - would naturally be risky to stick with him, but so far he looks a decent first team coach. Could be a Vicente del Bosque style revelation.

Indeed, if the current upper management team can find more players of Gutierrez's and Coloccini's calibre, then theres every reason to believe that we can show solid improvement under someone like Kinnear.

Just imagine what we could have had if KK was allowed to do his own job as well.

Just imagine what we could have had if KK was allowed to do his own job as well.

Anton Ferdinand instead of Coloccini and Milner on the right?

Thierry Henry, Ronaldinho and Frank Lampard.  :lol:

roffle.

:lol:

Guest Chris P

thought kinnear was quite good yesterday. After laursen nearly scored he sent ameobi back to man mark him at every set piece. which could have only been tactical. and the fact that duff and gutierrez switched on a couple of occasions

Heard all the same stuff when Roeder was caretaker.  He is doing a good job so far.  You are never more than 5 results from being branded 'clueless' if memory serves me correctly.

thought kinnear was quite good yesterday. After laursen nearly scored he sent ameobi back to man mark him at every set piece. which could have only been tactical. and the fact that duff and gutierrez switched on a couple of occasions

brought everyone back for corners so when we cleared it came straight back in, wont put anyone in the shearer defending corner position.

duff and gutierrez really only switched when duff had switched sides to take corners. i'd love gutierrez and duff to switch more often and the rest of the team to be comfortable with allowing either to drift over with the other and still cover.

One thing that stands out to me is the improvement in Shola and Taylor.

I think Taylor is at least making an effort to be more assertive and agressive under Kinnear. Tonight was his best performance in a while and for the first time I didn't see him backing off players anymore! Now if he would just put those darned hands of his down!

Shola has been a revelation. I just can't believe he's the same player. He is making everyone's job easier by doing all the dirty work upfront  like Heskey has been for England recently.

Oddly enough Joes history with Wimbledon and the type ofplayers he worked with back then, has been very good for Shola, Taylor and even Coloccini, as he has managed to get them playing with more aggression, effort and assertiveness, which is something we desperately needed from our centre backs and target man.

God bless JK to be honest. Took the gig when everyone else was pretty much shitting on us, and I hope he is rewarded greatly for it with future success wherever he ends up.

I agree with all of that, also Duff is playing better.

Yes, much of this is correct - Ameobi is holding up the ball much better than he ever has and it looks like Kinnear & Hughton have been working him hard ti improve that aspect of his game ; it made a huge difference against Villa, because the ball wasn't constantly being lost by the forwards and then coming back to put pressure on our midfield. You cannot build consistent attacks without someone who can hold the ball when it is played up to him.

I also think they have been getting at both Guttierrez and Martins; Jonas because he wasn't attacking the box enough, and Martins because of his concentration(or lack of)- the results were clear against Villa...

• 4 years later...