So who makes way for Owen?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Butt and Barton are going to sit as deep as that in future games, it's difficult to see how you are going to drop either forward atm. They don't really gel as a pair but individually they cause havoc among opposition defences even without much support from midfield. If Owen had played last night instead of Oba would Laursen and Cuellar have had such a rough time?

I'd not bring owen back in yet

Me neither, but I don't really think that's an option. If he's fit, he'll play.

This isn't going to happen either, but a reserve game would probably do him good.

Ideally, yes he should be eased back in. But let's not forget he's our top scorer.

If you asked me that question before JK took over I would say Shola any day. But with the physical presence Shola shown up front in the last few games, he will give the other striker some extra needed space to work on. Right now it's Martins and Owen fighting for the other place.

If you asked me that question before JK took over I would say Shola any day. But with the physical presence Shola shown up front in the last few games, he will give the other striker some extra needed space to work on. Right now it's Martins and Owen fighting for the other place.

Is it just me, or does Shola look to have beefed up well and proper now? Doesn't seem too frail for his frame anymore, and although he still gives freekicks away, he's looking a lot stronger.

This isn't going to happen either, but a reserve game would probably do him good.

Ideally, yes he should be eased back in. But let's not forget he's our top scorer.

let's not forget he isn't, in the league anyway

I wouldn't make any changes. Shola and Martins have been effective, and it's important that the players get the message that if they play well, they keep their place.

I certainly wouldn't change the formation to bring in Owen, because the players need to develop a better understanding and confidence in one another. There's a good balance to the team going forward at the moment, and we can actually get better.

Swift edit!

If Owen's fit, he has to play.

Who partners him is up to JFK.

Fair enough. Our best goalscorer. How's that?  >:D

I think we should sell Owen in January(or he'll go for free next summer for sure). And bring in another strong, big and "pacy" striker  to replace Shola in the starting XI. Shouldn't be too hard to find a cheaper but better option for Shola with the little money we'll get from Owen. Negredo from Almeria or Pizarro maybe :rolleyes:

I wouldn't make any changes. Shola and Martins have been effective, and it's important that the players get the message that if they play well, they keep their place.

I certainly wouldn't change the formation to bring in Owen, because the players need to develop a better understanding and confidence in one another. There's a good balance to the team going forward at the moment, and we can actually get better.

Correct. However I see it as a backbone of Given, Coloccini, Beye, Barton, Jonas and Owen, with the rest of the team built around them. I'd hoy Enrique in there as he's the more natural left back we have, and is slowly kick-starting his season.

:dave:

:dave:

Gis' a kiss like  :-*

I'd keep Shola and Martins for now..

Depends on the conditions at Fulham i'd say. If the pitch isn't up to much, then maybe we shouldn't risk Owen. But as has been said, when Owen is fit he must play. Especially that he was in decent form before his injury, and was looking sharper with every game.