Given linked with Spurs

Syrette

Guest Heneage

I'd take Gomes and £5m.

Big fan of Given, but that would be a great deal.

Do you write this kind of stuff so you can just get quoted?  It works, i will give you that.  Or is it just to be controversial?

I don't see in a million years how that is possibly a good deal.

I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss.

God I hope so.

Guest elbee909

This bit on F365 tickled me:

"That assertion may be debatable with Newcastle currently back in the Premier League's relegation zone as a result of last weekend's 2-1 defeat at Fulham, while Spurs have soared since Redknapp's arrival. "

Excuse me?

Spurs, 12 points, Newcastle, 12 points.

Holy shit, they're soaring.

Guest kingdawson

"That assertion may be debatable with Newcastle currently back in the Premier League's relegation zone as a result of last weekend's 2-1 defeat at Fulham, while Spurs have soared since Redknapp's arrival. "

Excuse me?

Holy s***, they're soaring.

ermmm "since Redknapp's arrival".

Excuse me?

We've deserved every point we've won this season.Can Spuds say the same???

Guest Stephen927

Might be one of the players sacrificed in January to bring a bit money in for Ashley. Afterall, we have a canny few promising goalkeepers and Steve Harper.

Might be one of the players sacrificed in January to bring a bit money in for Ashley. Afterall, we have a canny few promising goalkeepers and Steve Harper.

What do you mean bring money in for Ashley? The value of the squad is in the clubs price, so he will get money for Given either way, selling would be silly considering we're in a relegation battle.

I still don't see how Ashley would benefit from selling. Selling would annoy any buyer and shave value off the squad, and therefore the sale price, which includes the squads value. Ashley will get money from Given by keeping him, so why sell, during a relegation battle, and put the clubs future further in doubt?

Guest elbee909

Excuse me?

Errrmmm my point still stands.  It's not like Spurs have suddenly become Chelsea and are at the top end.  For the article to describe us as practically entrenched in the relegation zone when Spurs were on the exact same number of points is ridiculous.

Just noticed today's result.  Still soaring then.

I still don't see how Ashley would benefit from selling. Selling would annoy any buyer and shave value off the squad, and therefore the sale price, which includes the squads value. Ashley will get money from Given by keeping him, so why sell, during a relegation battle, and put the clubs future further in doubt?

Baffling isn't it, not only would it make no sense at all for Ashley to sell players, but any potential buyer wouldn't stand for it either.

Baffling isn't it, not only would it make no sense at all for Ashley to sell players, but any potential buyer wouldn't stand for it either.

Your talking about Ashley here though, he thinks to make life easier for the next lot taking over we should not have a full time manager in charge. So selling a keeper who is on big bucks when we have Stevie Harper + a host of goalkeepers who have been picked at various age groups for there country may make sense to him on some level.

Your talking about Ashley here though, he thinks to make life easier for the next lot taking over we should not have a full time manager in charge. So selling a keeper who is on big bucks when we have Stevie Harper + a host of goalkeepers who have been picked at various age groups for there country may make sense to him on some level.

He's not a moron despite what alot of people like to think, and personally i think having an interim manager makes perfect sense as the news guys will want to bring in their own manager, it saves them having to pay-off whoever has the job.

He's not a moron despite what alot of people like to think, and personally i think having an interim manager makes perfect sense as the news guys will want to bring in their own manager, it saves them having to pay-off whoever has the job.

It actually makes perfect sense from Ashley's point of view to not appoint a permanent manager, considering that he had to go through a lot of trouble because his predecessor left him saddled with Big Sam.

How many of these takeovers have happened & the new crowd have come in with a new manager as part of there plan? Or sacked a current manager with in a month of taking over so they could bring in there own man?

How many of these takeovers have happened & the new crowd have come in with a new manager as part of there plan? Or sacked a current manager with in a month of taking over so they could bring in there own man?

If you were buying a club, would you be happy with the previous regime giving someone a long term contract even though they know they're selling?

If you were buying a club, would you be happy with the previous regime giving someone a long term contract even though they know they're selling?

If we were in the process of being sold i.e Harris & Ashley are sitting across the table to me & my legal team as we discuss £££'s & Ashley gives Dennis Wise ED (F) a ring on the sly during brunch to sign up Dave Basset on 5 year deal, I would be seething.

But no one as far as I know is buying the club atm, so we are not getting a full time manager in case we upset someone, somewhere in the future who is willing to fork out approx £250 million quid to buy the club but would find it a deal breaker if he had to fork out anything from £2 million to 10 million depending who/how many staff they had to sack to bring in there "own men".

Heaven forbid,  if we did have a full time manager in place & the mythical new mob came in & thought the bloke in charge & his staff are decent.  Of course that would mean the Owner & the ED (F) would have to make a good appointment.

Guest optimistic nit

:lol: