Do you think the club will be sold?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Im not sure what to believe anymore. You hear so much about interested parties, yet nothing seems to be happening. Surely something would have happened by now? I wouldnt be surprised if the whole sell the club thing is a ploy by Ashley to keep the fans quiet, and in a few months we will get "i tried....."

If he comes out and admits his system didn't work, dismantles it, sacks Dennis Wise and gets in a good manager and backs him I'd be happy.

Can't see it happening.

Bassong

Colocinni

Jonas

even Xisco.

Can't comment on Gonzalez as he's barely played.

:lol:

At the end of the season, if we show that list to the Premier League, will they let us stay up?

From the Sunday People:

I'LL GET YOU SHEARER

EXCLUSIVE Geordie tycoon's offer to Ashley

By James Courage

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has been told by a north-east businessman: "I can take the heat off you...by signing Alan Shearer as manager."

The Tyneside tycoon, believed to be Alan Beenshill, wants to become Toon's new chairman and claims Shearer is willing to work with him.

That would leave Ashley still in control of the club but no longer a hated figure among Toon fans, who are desperate for Shearer to return to St James' Park as manager.

Advertisement

Click Here!

A source close to the negotiations said last night: "The businessman involved has built up a very successful company and is a shrewd guy. If anybody can deliver Alan Shearer, he can."

But the local link comes just as a Chinese consortium are believed to have stepped up their bid to buy Ashley out.

The billionaire owner wants £350million to sell up - and the Far East group, who made known their interest 10 days ago, are ready to play ball.

But Toon fans have heard talk of foreign investment before - it's Geordie involvement, plus the prospect of Shearer's return, that will most excite them. North East rather than Far East.

Though it seemed certain a month ago that Ashley, hugely unpopular on Tyneside, would sell up, there is now talk he longs to return to the directors' box at St James' Park.

Hostility towards him has eased and he is keen to take his family back to the ground.

That means he will be sorely tempted by the Geordie businessman's offer.

Beenshill, who is known to be close to Shearer and who has been a major Newcastle sponsor for the last 10 years, said last night: "I remain a massive fan of the club. But I have no comment to make at this stage."

Beenshill is chief executive of the Collingwood Insurance Company, which is now based in Gibraltar, although he flies back to England for Newcastle's games.

Collingwood are the third-biggest backers of United, spending at least £1million a year over the past decade. It is believed that Shearer is aware talks have started and has indicated he would be willing to work as manager with the would-be chairman.

Our source said: "We are talking about a devoted supporter who is ready to invest in the club and is keen on a hands-on role.

"If Mike Ashley is adamant he wants £350m for the whole club he won't get it from this man, but he will see a return on some of his investment and retain a major stake.

"The new chairman would want to see Mike back at St James' Park for games.

"The sight of Mike Ashley in the directors' box would have been unthinkable a few weeks ago, but this offers him a route back."

Meanwhile, interim Toon boss Joe Kinnear is a shock candidate for the manager's job at Watford.

Kinnear grew up in the town after moving from Dublin and the 61-year-old's family home is close to the club's training ground.

Shearer's first reward for equalling Jackie Milburn's record was free car insurance for life from Alan Beenshill, chief executive of Collingwood Insurance Company, who sponsored Saturday's match.

They have met before for what it's worth.

I don't think it will be sold, because Ashley appears to be struggling to find a buyer. I'd also take with a pinch of salt, anything that comes from the club over the issue. They are only too happy to lie to fans if it suits and the media lap it up as the truth.

I don't think it will be sold, because Ashley appears to be struggling to find a buyer. I'd also take with a pinch of salt, anything that comes from the club over the issue. They are only too happy to lie to fans if it suits and the media lap it up as the truth.

Thats absolutely spot on. We should ignore any news until we see Ashley shaking hands with a new owner as he signs it over.

I cant imagine Shearer would come within a million miles of the job while Ashley is still the owner

Unless Shearer was given substantial funds to replace the crap and have no interference from above and bring his own coaching staff in etc .Unfortunatley i cannot see that happening unless Ashley bites the bullet with Wise and the rest of his cronies.

Guest Sniffer

I don't think it's a question of whether the club will be sold. It's a question of will the club be sold in time to prevent relegation this season?

IMO, the answer is no.

I don't think it's a question of whether the club will be sold. It's a question of will the club be sold in time to prevent relegation this season?

IMO, the answer is no.

If it's not sold in time to address the quality/size of the squad in January we're screwed.

IMO, the answer is no.

If it's not sold in time to address the quality/size of the squad in January we're screwed.

The only saving grace in all of this mess is that the value of Ashley's investment would probably halve if we went down, so spending £20-30m on players in January might prevent him from losing £125m if we go down.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd completely trust JFK with that sort of cash.

IMO, the answer is no.

The only saving grace in all of this mess is that the value of Ashley's investment would probably halve if we went down, so spending £20-30m on players in January might prevent him from losing £125m if we go down.

That said, I'm not sure if I'd completely trust JFK with that sort of cash.

In theory, any money should be getting spent by Dennis Wise. Kinnear as an "interim" manager shouldnt have any say so, despite what he has been mouthing to the press.

January is usually a bit of a downer of a month as the christmas celebrations are over but its going to be wildly interesting one for us. Going to be rumour and speculation overload if the buyout hasnt actually been confirmed by Jan 1st

Keegan would not have found Jonas and Colo. Tbh the whole situation was ideal Keegan motivated and took the players that our scouts got who were good finds. Keegan ballsed it up in my opinion not being able to swallow his pride and acting like a baby.

Don't need to be an amazing scout to "find" two international players playing in one of the worlds top two leagues.

I think that Ashley keeping 'ownership' of the club and bringing in a new, approachable chairman alongside a manager who is happy to work with him would be the best solution all around. I would support a situation like that, even if Ashley stayed as owner.

Although I do think the club will be sold, I don't see how anyone can know that a new owner would be any better than the one we have now.

IMO, the answer is no.

I disagree there. The main thing is getting a permanent manager in ASAP. Still don't think the squad is any worse than most of the sides from Hull down in the table.