Barton out for two months with medial ligament damage

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Don't think anyone can deny that Gonzalez has turned out to be a thoroughly s***, worthless signing. But it's not really anyone's fault, he's injured. No one can help that.

Yes, I mean its too bad whats happened to him, but it is no ones fault it hasn't worked out. I actually thought he looked alright from what I saw of him too.

Don't think anyone can deny that Gonzalez has turned out to be a thoroughly s***, worthless signing. But it's not really anyone's fault, he's injured. No one can help that.

Yes, I mean its too bad whats happened to him, but it is no ones fault it hasn't worked out. I actually thought he looked alright from what I saw of him too.

Came on against Hull and made a through ball, so aye - he's looked better than most.

No one except the people who were tasked with reinforcing our squad and especially our (attacking) midfield options during this summer's transfer window and who failed so miserably that they had to resort to signing a completely unproven loan player on the last day of the transfer window who they couldn't even run through a proper medical because it was almost literally at the 11th hour.

Getting seriously worried now. Injuries and suspensions were always going to happen and we were threadbare and devoid of quality in midfield even before this latest setback. This season has relegation written all over it..

Not sure how it was eleventh hour tbh. We were on about Gonzalez a good couple of days before the deadline.

Just verified. August 30th, 1 day before the deadline. Nitpicking though.. Guess you can't really fault the rest of my point..?

You didn't really make a point. Yes, he was signed near the end, yes he was unproven. But he may well have been a good signing if not for the injury. The fact that he played twice infers that he passed whatever medical the club would have to give him before putting him out on the pitch. I think all would agree that we should not be satisfied with the midfield, but I would say I don't think this season has relegation written all over it more than the last two seasons.

I'd love to see the stories if it was Cattermole out. "Harmed his england chances has this".

It wasn't a foul though.

Fucking fuming about this. No chance of seeing that little ginger twat out of the team any time soon now.

Guest Heneage

I'd love to see the stories if it was Cattermole out. "Harmed his england chances has this".

It wasn't a foul though.

f***ing fuming about this. No chance of seeing that little ginger t*** out of the team any time soon now.

I didn't say it was.

The internet is great isn't it.  I'd love to see anyone on here call Nicky Butt a ginger little twat in real life.

I know, he's not the biggest but he'd knock seven shades out of me. I'd love to see one of the many who regularly calls our jailbird a wanker on here go within a hundred metres of him in real life.

Guest neesy111

Saw it the same way Mowen.

Just a standard block tackle that Barton came off worse in. He'll be a miss like.  :undecided:

a miss not likely from his time on the pitch on saturday, was worse than enrique for passing

The internet is great isn't it. I'd love to see anyone on here call Nicky Butt a ginger little t*** in real life.

I know, he's not the biggest but he'd knock seven shades out of me. I'd love to see one of the many who regularly calls our jailbird a w***** on here go within a hundred metres of him in real life.

I don't know I should be scared of Barton or Butt. They're not boxers ffs, they play football. I mean should I be scared of Barton because he's "hard" and attack teammates from behind? Even though regardless, I'm not really one to curse someone over football.

The internet is great isn't it.  I'd love to see anyone on here call Nicky Butt a ginger little t*** in real life.

I know, he's not the biggest but he'd knock seven shades out of me. I'd love to see one of the many who regularly calls our jailbird a w***** on here go within a hundred metres of him in real life.

I don't know I should be scared of Barton or Butt. They're not boxers ffs, they play football. I mean should I be scared of Barton because he's "hard" and attack teammates from behind? Even though regardless, I'm not really one to curse someone over football.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1x2fi3K4BA

Guest Heneage

The internet is great isn't it.  I'd love to see anyone on here call Nicky Butt a ginger little t*** in real life.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m1x2fi3K4BA

I'd get him to train in Karate or something teach him self discipline.

Wow, you came up with that youtube really,really quick. Just honestly, I'm stunned you found that so fast. :lol:. He actually does have decent form, and I disagree with the journalist, and think he needs anger treatment more than fighting lessons. His problem seems to be doing rash angry things rather than being undisciplined. And I still don't change my original thoughts about being scared of him or anything. The only person who scares me out of the current squad is Taylor because I think he's slightly mad.

3 up front against Chelsea?

Yeah, okay :lol:

We've been at our best from a defensive point of view with the 4-3-3. Five clean sheets in eight i think it was at the back end of last season.

Against: Sunderland, Portsmouth, Reading and Fulham.

Hardly anyone of Chelsea's quality in there.

We'll lose far worse if we play 3 up front and 3 in midfield, they'll absolutely kill us down the wings. As unattractive as it is you can't take the game to Chelsea, because look at what happens when West Brom try to play every side off the park when they're not good enough to.

We'll get hammered if we go 4-4-2 n'all. Chelsea isn't really an appropriate game to measure a formation's effectiveness. I was basically just making the point that 3 upfront doesn't necassarily mean we're more vulnerable at the back.