Who will likely leave in the January window?

Syrette

Kinnear's saying he'll probably have to sell before he can buy and that those that who deems not good enough for NUFC will be gotten rid of. Enrique said something wanting to stay at the club even if others want him out.

I'm personally not too happy with the idea of Kinnear and Wise deciding who stays or goes, particularly as players who really should be replaced such as Smith and Duff will no doubt stay. But that's just the way it looks like being at the moment.

I reckon Owen might finally be on his way (I'm sure it'll either be this window or the next one), followed by N'Zogbia. Not sure about Enrique given that he has been starting recently. Edgar, Cacapa and Carroll might go out on loan or be sold depending on who we can bring in, if anyone.

I dont know about Owen, tbh. Theres a good chance he'll leave but im not sure its gonna be January.

Zogg will leave most propably, followed by Enrique. Those two Im guessing. We'll replace Enrique with Riise and we wont bother replacing Zoggs because Damien Duff is just so amazing.

For some reason I think when Smith comes back from injury, he'll be the 2nd name (after Duff) on the teamsheet. I dunno why but I can just see Smith being a Kinnear type of player- sh*te. You just know Kinnear is gonna love Alan Smith.

Zog will be off, as he's the only fringe player that could bring in any decent money. Reckon at least one of the strikers will be off... if not Owen then Xisco (loan with view of permanet deal).

If we got offers for Geremi or Cacapa I think they'd be gone too.

For some reason I think when Smith comes back from injury, he'll be the 2nd name (after Duff) on the teamsheet. I dunno why but I can just see Smith being a Kinnear type of player- sh*te. You just know Kinnear is gonna love Alan Smith.

That really is a scary thought  :suicide:

Krul/Harper could go

Enrique's a possibility, not sure whether i want him here, think he could do with being given a chance.

Owen's more than likely going to go.

Hope we keep N'zogbia and we get a manager with a brain to understand that he is a quality player and just needs a boost of confidence atm, and time back on the left wing.

Would prefer to see Viduka, Smith, Duff and possibly Butt (Only if we get a new CM though) all go but it's NEVER going to happen.

I don't think we'll sell Enrique as he's in the first team and we'd be pretty stupid to get rid of him on account of Riise coming in on loan for a few months.

Xisco will be the scapegoat I reckon. He's not likely to get a chance to show what he can do with some decent players around him and Viduka looks like being back in a couple of weeks.

I don't think we'll sell Enrique as he's in the first team and we'd be pretty stupid to get rid of him on account of Riise coming in on loan for a few months.

Xisco will be the scapegoat I reckon. He's not likely to get a chance to show what he can do with some decent players around him and Viduka looks like being back in a couple of weeks.

I reckon Xisco & Enrique will go out on Loan to Spanish sides, and we'll sign Warnock.

I reckon Xisco & Enrique will go out on Loan to Spanish sides, and we'll sign Warnock.

While I know we'll be able to offload both Spaniards easily enough, I doubt we'll spend the money required to sign Warnock. It'll be Riise on loan more likely.

I think we'll stay up with or without Owen, so I'd consider selling him in January for a decent fee, if he's given no indication of signing the new contract.

*puts tin hat on*

If we've got new owners, then I'd sell because then it'd be clear he's not going to sign a new contract.

If on the other hand, it's still Ashley, I'd rather hold on to him until the summer. By then we'll more than likely have been sold and again, gives us a chance to offer him a contract. For the sake of about £3m in transfer fees, and how much it will cost next summer to sign his replacement, I think it'd be worth taking the chance.

Enrique, N'Zogbia would be definitely gone, imo.

And Owen & Given if we got decent offers or they insist to be sold.  :no:

This transfer window won't be pleasent one, I reckon. :suicide:

We're not going to sell first team players like Given and Owen, not unless they expressly ask to leave, that's if anyone goes at all.

What is this 'we're going to sell everyone' panic based on anyway?  Don't tell me there's a single person here who thinks that Ashley's stupid enough to believe he can loot the club before its sold to make extra cash?

What is this 'we're going to sell everyone' panic based on anyway?  Don't tell me there's a single person here who thinks that Ashley's stupid enough to believe he can loot the club before its sold to make extra cash?

I think its more of a case of players wanting to leave the sinking ship if offers come their way. On top of the players who contracts run out (harper, owen, ameobi are the ones i can remember from the top of my head) JFK is making it clear he wants to try raise some money to buy others.

Kinnear has come out and said that we'll pretty much have to sell players before we can buy. Although if no sale of the club is imminent and there is someone Kinnear wants, Ashley may give him a bit of money. He's gone on record as saying that "Dennis has also been given the task of removing some of the players that I feel are not good enough for the club".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7744828.stm

I don't think anyone would rationally believe that is what Ashley wants or will do.

The difficulty is that good players aren't likely to sign on anything but a loan basis, in a situation where the owner and therefore the manager, might change any minute.

If we're going to strengthen the team in January, both Ashley and Kinnear need to be on a long-term commitment. It's a by-product of the situation we're in.

Kinnear has come out and said that we'll pretty much have to sell players before we can buy. Although if no sale of the club is imminent and there is someone Kinnear wants, Ashley may give him a bit of money. He's gone on record as saying that "Dennis has also been given the task of removing some of the players that I feel are not good enough for the club".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7744828.stm

I don't think anyone would rationally believe that is what Ashley wants or will do.

Fair enough, its safe to assume that the likes of Owen and Given and most other first team players don't fall into that category though.  Just find it strange when people say they think we'll sell the likes of Given, Martins, Owen ect if a good offer comes in  ???

Guest catweasle

wise will continue where he left off. he will keep the players he has brought in, and sell Owen, Given, Harper, zog, duff, taylor, oba. he has already arranged for 3 or 4 deals to go through in january, mark my words. a new low cost goalkeeper has already been bought to replace our 2 outgoing keepers. :angry:  

wise will continue where he left off. he will keep the players he has brought in, and sell Owen, Given, Harper, zog, duff, taylor, oba. he has already arranged for 3 or 4 deals to go through in january, mark my words. a new low cost goalkeeper has already been bought to replace our 2 outgoing keepers. :angry:  

Why would he want to do that?  What's his motivation.. please explain.  Personally I think this is irrational scare mongering.

What a pile of sh*te man. :lol: